UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Balance Updates

Asharru

Wanderer
Re: Balance Updates

excelr said:
lol 10 hp for popping a pouch wtf midas well put a timer on pouch popping while your at it make it 20 seconds between pouches and see how many mages we have runnin around compared to dexers

I take it you never played UO back when Magic Trap did do 10-20 points and wouldn't break para... Increasing the damage from 1 pt to 10 pts is not major and adds new aspects to field fighting (especially when fighting people who like to run into their houses when they're near dead since you can magic trap their door!) How about 5 pts, is that a little better for you?

Didn't read this massive thread, so maybe someone said it for me but...

Harm damage needs to be tweaked.

17 point harms is a little crazy.

Asharru

Wanderer

zZZzzZ said:
You can get protection/reactive armor with a dexer.
You can get invulnerability armor with a dexer
You cant regen mana but you dont need it so doesnt matter
You can have 3 ways to heal in a dexxer too

fucking retard

------

i want the proposed algorithm

You tell him he has 3 ways to heal (assuming Bandage, Pots, SPELL) and you tell him he can get Protection/Reactive Armor, which are boths SPELLS, then you tell him he doesn't need mana...

fucking retard

I'm new to the server and I'm still trying to get my resist up on my dexxer. So I've been repeatedly hitting him over and over with different things. The new changes I can tell were totaly in favor of mages, and lets face it. They have all the macros in the world to help them and were probably already borderline overpowered to begin with. I barely ever resist anything, and when I do I don't see it doing much to help reduce the damage. If your a mage you'll love this. I already see this server having way more mages than I ever remember seeing an OSI server have and I played back in the good old days. Resist needs to always resist spells, and the higher your resist the less damage magery should do to you. Seeing as how I can swing an axe with 100% tactics, 100% swords, and 100% lumberjacking I can miss a lot still. But magery hits 100% of the time, and now gets resisted barely ever. Yea nice change. I'm sorry but with the little amount of skill it takes to play this game regardless of if your a dexxer or a mage, this change seriously makes this game less fun. Back to Battlefield 2. I liked this server but this change will make being a dexer suck hard and I don't get any enjoyment out of being a mage and killing everyone with using macros. Thats just weak.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Whoever says dexers are shafted really need to learn how to play one first. I rarely die on my dexer. A correctly built dexer can have insane defense and amazing offense. Just use your brain a little and stop expecting kills to be handed to you using such an easy template.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Jelly said:
wow, harm is over powerd now. duels are going to turn into nox harm harm harm harm ebolt end

Thats what 5xing is sir, no different from OSI either.

Slopko

Wanderer

Asharru said:
You tell him he has 3 ways to heal (assuming Bandage, Pots, SPELL) and you tell him he can get Protection/Reactive Armor, which are boths SPELLS, then you tell him he doesn't need mana...

fucking retard
it doesn't take a long to figure out a dexer template that can cast spells and be a dexer too. Dexers can be just as versatile as a mage. Only newbs go out with bandages and a weapon.

weapon
tactics
anatomy
healing
resist
magery
med or eval or alchemy or hiding or ljing or scribe or poisoning or whatever the fuck you want

zZZzzZ

Wanderer

Asharru said:

fucking retard

you are completely retard. you can run with 30 int and heal yourself with magery, then if you need to heal in another dump you will have again mana full even if you wear armour. dont you like med slow? then wear leather invul or dont cast spells but dont come here to complain with stupid arguments

fag

PooSlap

Wanderer

You obviously don't kill very many lich lords. Or Ancient liches. Because they don't drop after 3-4 and it doesn't take 5 mins. You COULD get 2000 gold off a single ancient lich and be set for regs on a mage in seconds.

And no, dexers can't run forever.. You've apparently never been paraganked by a group of mages. 2 load paralyze and the rest dump on you. You have to literaly stock TONS of pouches on you which takes your entire stock of mana to trap. The dexer doesn't have med either.

The only way Ive found to survive on any character mage or otherwise lately is to keep my hp at 125. Str potion and a trinsic petal. Then you can chug and mini heal your way outa the worst.

Ophidian

_Choru_ said:
Those weapons can be obtained by killing 3-4 lich lords, which takes maybe 5mins.

Dexxer can use bandages which are FREE if Im on a dexxer you can run away and still die, if someone runs and NEVER stops a mage will not kill them.

Asharru

Wanderer

zZZzzZ said:
you are completely retard. you can run with 30 int and heal yourself with magery, then if you need to heal in another dump you will have again mana full even if you wear armour. dont you like med slow? then wear leather invul or dont cast spells but dont come here to complain with stupid arguments

fag

First: Dexxer's generally don't have the Med skill noob therefore, 30 Int, full armor, 0 Med Skill equates to 0.2 mana regened per sec. That's 150 sec (or 2.5 minutes for the mathmatically challenged) to regen that 30 Mana, I don't know many mages that wait 2.5 minutes between their dumps, so please stfu.

Secondly: Try following the chain of messages before coming here and making yourself sound like an idiot with messages that take people 3-4 times of reading in order to decipher. I was responding to someone who said dexxers don't need mana, you come here and bitch to me telling me how a dexxer should use mana, hence proving that I was right originally, dexxers do need mana....

fag

Asharru said:
First: Dexxer's generally don't have the Med skill noob therefore, 30 Int, full armor, 0 Med Skill equates to 0.2 mana regened per sec. That's 150 sec (or 2.5 minutes for the mathmatically challenged) to regen that 30 Mana, I don't know many mages that wait 2.5 minutes between their dumps, so please stfu.

Secondly: Try following the chain of messages before coming here and making yourself sound like an idiot with messages that take people 3-4 times of reading in order to decipher. I was responding to someone who said dexxers don't need mana, you come here and bitch to me telling me how a dexxer should use mana, hence proving that I was right originally, dexxers do need mana....

fag

Dexxers don't have the med skill? Wow. Simply wow. And your calling me a noob?

Lesabre

Sorceror

Many people use a dexer/med template. And the whole point of the 30 mana without med is to survive a mages first dump then after that hes outa mana and its your show from there on out.

Like I said, get a good dex template and LEARN how to play it and you'll stop talking.

Nephtyes

Sorceror

I Think a lot of the problems that the warrior crowd has is that they like to play a pure warrior template, I personally have a hybrid that I use a lot but I also see the point in the fact that you should not be required to have magery on any warrior template to compete. It has gotten to the point where magery is required for every character template in the game. But thats the way that UO has always been since the day I first played so, learn to adapt or maybe pick a new game because UO has always catered to magery.

terathan33

Wanderer

Nephtyes said:
I Think a lot of the problems that the warrior crowd has is that they like to play a pure warrior template, I personally have a hybrid that I use a lot but I also see the point in the fact that you should not be required to have magery on any warrior template to compete. It has gotten to the point where magery is required for every character template in the game. But thats the way that UO has always been since the day I first played so, learn to adapt or maybe pick a new game because UO has always catered to magery.
pure warrior templates rock.

Lumberjacking, swords, tactics, anatomy, healing, resist, alchemy will own almost any mage 1v1.

crbentle

Wanderer

I mainly play dexxers and I don't think there is much of a problem with 1v1 balance.

The reason it seems like dexxers are underpowered to me is because dexxers go solo a lot more than mages. I'm not big into PvP and fights don't usually come my way unless its 4-5 mages on a PK run. And in this case its not supposed to be balanced.

PooSlap

Wanderer

crbentle said:
I mainly play dexxers and I don't think there is much of a problem with 1v1 balance.

The reason it seems like dexxers are underpowered to me is because dexxers go solo a lot more than mages. I'm not big into PvP and fights don't usually come my way unless its 4-5 mages on a PK run. And in this case its not supposed to be balanced.

Wow you don't watch many tournaments then. If its a 7x standard tourney a mage or hybrid almost always wins. I say almost always because I haven't seen EVERY tourney but every one that I HAVE seen, they win.

Now lets look at a 4v4 tourney. One took place uhh not long ago. After the balance changes occured. Dexers don't stand a CHANCE 4v4 on mages. A good group of dexers can survive the initial barrage of spells with the limited cross healing you can do with 30 or so mana. But the advantage goes back to the mage after that simply because they can put up reactive armor and wait on the mana regeneration while one or two of the mages cross heals any extra damage done by the dexer group. The dexer group I mention was not crap by any means, they were decked out in vanq or better weapons and most had invul studded leather for the minimal(for a dexer) loss to natural regeneration of mana as well as dex loss.

1v1 against a mage.. Dexers are annoying. Thats all they really are. Mace dexers are more annoying because you have to drink a lot of potions if you wanna ever get a stun off. I have an alchemist/stun mage that ruins most dexers though. There is a simple method to beating them. You just have to understand that they rely on bandages for a lot of healing. So you mentally keep track of the bandages in your head and when you know its comming soon, poison them. It generally throws them off track or you can even throw magic arrows for "Your fingers have slipped" so they get a minimal ammount of health back. In conjunction with stun and explosion potions, dexers aren't that hot.

The only dexer I have any luck with is my semi-hybrid dexer. I only call him semi-hybrid because he has a bit more mana. I can survive the 1v1 dumps of most mages with a potion or two and some greater heals. I don't even need to rely on bandages. He used to have inscription which was funny because most mages don't expect that and when they catch an explosion ebolt back to themselves and then a paralyzing blow, they hit the ground a lot. I make up for his loss of dex by keeping him amped on str and dex potions. I admit though, hes an expensive character to keep running. Between the constant potion chugging and the fact that I keep a deadly poisoned weapon on him plus his spear, I get like 8 miles to the gallon on him at most.

The words above are the opinions with some fact of,
Ophidian

Children, please don't try this at home.

A

AllasPancakes

Im still against this change almost every single player on this shard use pots and most off the warriors that know what they are doing use magery (not gonna argue about warriors and magery)(magery>hiding)

i had no problems surviving vs mages with my dexxer with and with out med.
chugg aids and "magery" for emergency siuations. (bandages and pots does the trick most off the time combined with the disruption and spec blows)

This change will only benefit group fights and dexxers vs mages.
as i see it magery had low chanse off getting the job done with chuggers before now im pretty sure this shard has turned into a wonderful invulnerable 1vs1 chuggers heavens.

if this is how its gonna be make chugging fizzle spells. casting a greater heal and chugging a cure half way trough it is some lame sh*t who ruins pvp alot.