UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Balance Updates

Elendili!

Knight
Re: Balance Updates

lets compare pvp to an egg, you just took the egg and threw it at a wall, now you are trying to glue the peices back together

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

These are the best fixes ever.

Couldnt be better tbh, well MB should do more damange against an unbalanced person tbh

Wanderer

Asharru said:
True, it doesn't. But I can't stop and use a skill to regain all my stam (and have it working passively too). Yes, there are Refresh pots, but as I said in my last post, those should have timers on them.

As for the cost of regs... It costs more to regear a melee char after a death than it does a mage. Our weapons and armor cost more than your regs. Granted, if we actually win the fight, our repair costs are less than your costs of restocking your regs when you win.

From this post I don't know what side you're on...on the melee side or mage side. Because if you put a timer on refresh pots then you'll render melees probably 85% useless and i wouldn't worry too much about armor seeing that with a good 2 hours of lich killing you have more than 1 good suit. I personally haven't tried out the new changes but i think they are a good step, except im a bit skeptical about the lighting dmg...

excelr

Wanderer

lol 10 hp for popping a pouch wtf midas well put a timer on pouch popping while your at it make it 20 seconds between pouches and see how many mages we have runnin around compared to dexers

Str0ngold

Wanderer

Ok im ready to bet that people that cry about dmg are pretty good are people that simply dontk now what is pvp and always get ganked,

Here a reason why change aren't good (well the one that turned into Gambling pvp) on of my friend just finished magery eval int med and resist, me and another wich are 7x (hes a tank im a sunt/alch) just did Explo poison / Explo fs and he Could stay alive WITHOUT pots wich is totally stupid
he only pre casted cure then he did mini heal and he had 53 str and 70 life and he could resist. same with explo eb with is g heal up since when 2x eplo eb wouldn't kill someone with 70 hp if he only cast g heal without heal pots.

and if they make the time on cure with 20 second ill simply give money to my friend so he"d make a scribe and ill make a nox d explo fs / explo poison would be a total rip off.

maybe a timer of 5 sec on pouch would be good and for refresh pots WTF WHY WOULD WE PUT TIMERS !?!?!? id simply make a alch/dexxer with macing and rip ur stam out then start hitting you with vanq staff while throwing pots.

and for resist blocking spell no fucking way simply cuz you could resist 2 spells in a row...

coldblood

Knight

Asharru said:
As for trapped pouches and damage... they used to do more than 1 point of damage to you long ago, I think they should again. With them doing like 10 points or so, it would make you look at the situation before just popping a pouch to break para... Popping the pouch could be what gets you killed while not popping it could give you a chance to live... You never know :)
agree, but give para a less time then

PooSlap

Wanderer

Lets look at the facts of PvP.

Someone cried about spells taking reagents. Ebolt is 1 pearl and 1 nightshade and Explosion is 1 mandrake and 1 bloodmoss. Both having a total cost of (assuming you used faction vendors) 6gp each spell. Now lets look at a heal potion. A heal potion requires 7 ginseng if I remember correctly and thats 14gp for less healing assuming you aren't an alchemist. Lets assume you are. That means that there is a CHANCE you will heal as much as a mage can do in 1 ebolt. His 6gp for your 14gp. Even at GM alchemist you fail making a heal potion 1 in 10 times(90%). So you can tac another 1.4gp onto that heal potion. Believe me, to sit and chug costs a lot more than casting the spells. So please learn some math and do it before speaking.

For the issue of equiping a dexer. Have you ever tried to kill someone with a generic GM weapon? Its not horribly effective. I don't feel like looking up the damage numbers for a long or short spear but most times if the mage is wearing his standard GM leather armor he can drink a heal potion or mini heal through an attack. Not to mention he can simply put Reactive Armor on or protection. At this current moment a dexer is not superior to a mage with everyone using GM made equipment.

Now lets look at a Supreme Vanq spear. Now you have the edge on a mage, you can accualy kill him in 3 hits given a good para blow and max damage hits. This causes him to be more defensive. But how much does a supreme vanq go for these days? Answer: More than restocking reagents 10x. So unless you can kill 10 people with your dexer, the weapon alone outweighs the cost. Not to mention armor and potions and whathaveyou. Then even WITH that expensive weapon, reactive armor can still stop its damage cold.

I tend to agree with people saying resist needs to be fixed. Because it does. Its not horribly unbalanced at the moment but It needs some increases in resist chance.

What I didn't quite understand is that the resistance chance for flamestrike would be higher than it had been before. You already pay out the ass for a flamestrike in Mana. Assuming you have 100 int thats 40% of your mana GONE. Shouldn't flamestrike have a chance to do a lot more damage anyways? At GM magery you can still fail. It costs 2x the mana and I believe takes longer to cast?

Im not on either side of this debate I'm just presenting the facts.

Ophidian

Why shouldn't Resist allow you to resist a spell completely? You can resist my sword (Wrestling), why can't I resist your spell (Resist)?

im sick of hearing dexers cry about them not being as good as a mage, one you risk less two it requires alot less skill, if you wanna be on an even playing field create a mage and have some fun.

guid to being good dexer:

resist,swords,tactics,lumberjacking,healing,alchemy,magery--if you wanna be reall annoying take away lbj and replace it with inscribe.

90/100/35

1. begin attacking mage
2. once he gets off first explo take off running, chugging, using aids, toss explo potions..this will stop him in his tracks to start healing.
3. rinse and repeat and you wi

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Ophidian said:
Lets look at the facts of PvP.

Someone cried about spells taking reagents. Ebolt is 1 pearl and 1 nightshade and Explosion is 1 mandrake and 1 bloodmoss. Both having a total cost of (assuming you used faction vendors) 6gp each spell. Now lets look at a heal potion. A heal potion requires 7 ginseng if I remember correctly and thats 14gp for less healing assuming you aren't an alchemist. Lets assume you are. That means that there is a CHANCE you will heal as much as a mage can do in 1 ebolt. His 6gp for your 14gp. Even at GM alchemist you fail making a heal potion 1 in 10 times(90%). So you can tac another 1.4gp onto that heal potion. Believe me, to sit and chug costs a lot more than casting the spells. So please learn some math and do it before speaking.

For the issue of equiping a dexer. Have you ever tried to kill someone with a generic GM weapon? Its not horribly effective. I don't feel like looking up the damage numbers for a long or short spear but most times if the mage is wearing his standard GM leather armor he can drink a heal potion or mini heal through an attack. Not to mention he can simply put Reactive Armor on or protection. At this current moment a dexer is not superior to a mage with everyone using GM made equipment.

Now lets look at a Supreme Vanq spear. Now you have the edge on a mage, you can accualy kill him in 3 hits given a good para blow and max damage hits. This causes him to be more defensive. But how much does a supreme vanq go for these days? Answer: More than restocking reagents 10x. So unless you can kill 10 people with your dexer, the weapon alone outweighs the cost. Not to mention armor and potions and whathaveyou. Then even WITH that expensive weapon, reactive armor can still stop its damage cold.

I tend to agree with people saying resist needs to be fixed. Because it does. Its not horribly unbalanced at the moment but It needs some increases in resist chance.

What I didn't quite understand is that the resistance chance for flamestrike would be higher than it had been before. You already pay out the ass for a flamestrike in Mana. Assuming you have 100 int thats 40% of your mana GONE. Shouldn't flamestrike have a chance to do a lot more damage anyways? At GM magery you can still fail. It costs 2x the mana and I believe takes longer to cast?

Im not on either side of this debate I'm just presenting the facts.

Ophidian

Those weapons can be obtained by killing 3-4 lich lords, which takes maybe 5mins.

Dexxer can use bandages which are FREE if Im on a dexxer you can run away and still die, if someone runs and NEVER stops a mage will not kill them.

Ok all i have to say is this: 1 yes i think the way it is going here is all about mages everyone is winning about the crap and changes i have a mage a dexxer and an axer.... i agree something should be done and changes should be made but i get the feeling that its mainly mages doing the changes and wanting the changes done this is how i see it:

Mage:
protection
reactive armor
invulnerability armor
med regen so quickly
3 ways to heal
gm all skills only miss last 2 circles

Dexxer:
resist
refreash pots
2 ways to heal
gm all skills still miss

FLAME AWAY

Just my thoughts :D

zZZzzZ

Wanderer

Trusoldier626 said:
Ok all i have to say is this: 1 yes i think the way it is going here is all about mages everyone is winning about the crap and changes i have a mage a dexxer and an axer.... i agree something should be done and changes should be made but i get the feeling that its mainly mages doing the changes and wanting the changes done this is how i see it:

Mage:
protection
reactive armor
invulnerability armor
med regen so quickly
3 ways to heal

Dexxer:
resist
refreash pots
2 ways to heal
gm all skills still miss

FLAME AWAY

You can get protection/reactive armor with a dexer.
You can get invulnerability armor with a dexer
You cant regen mana but you dont need it so doesnt matter
You can have 3 ways to heal in a dexxer too

fucking retard

------

i want the proposed algorithm

Slopko

Wanderer

Trusoldier626 said:

Mage:
protection
reactive armor
invulnerability armor
med regen so quickly
3 ways to heal

Dexxer:
resist
refreash pots
2 ways to heal
gm all skills still miss

FLAME AWAY

Wait earlier when i said my brain hurts... I was wrong. Now my brain hurts.

I cant belive you whine about dexxers doing to much damage or having any kind of advantage. mind blast takes like 80% health away the only reason we hear all this is because everyone is a mage and like people say the only way to actully win in PVP is to be a mage. why dont they just get rid of warriors alltogether. I pesonally dont really care because I have fun with my dexxer and sometimes I win 1vs1 but mostly I use him for pvm and I could care less about anyone who wants to flame what Im saying so go ahead. A true dexxer has no chance pvp in most situations unless they are fighting a noob mage. Its getting to the point where I am forced to play a mage to compete on this server but it has always been like that in UO as far as I can remember so I am not complaining I just hate when I hear a mage say a dexxer has an advantage of any kind because it is far from true.

Tetsuo

Sorceror

Aoxomoxoa said:
I cant belive you whine about dexxers doing to much damage or having any kind of advantage. mind blast takes like 80% health away the only reason we hear all this is because everyone is a mage and like people say the only way to actully win in PVP is to be a mage. why dont they just get rid of warriors alltogether. I pesonally dont really care because I have fun with my dexxer and sometimes I win 1vs1 but mostly I use him for pvm and I could care less about anyone who wants to flame what Im saying so go ahead. A true dexxer has no chance pvp in most situations unless they are fighting a noob mage. Its getting to the point where I am forced to play a mage to compete on this server but it has always been like that in UO as far as I can remember so I am not complaining I just hate when I hear a mage say a dexxer has an advantage of any kind because it is far from true.

hmmm.... i consider myself a good dexxer.....and usually its the opposite for me... if i see a mage 1v1... the result is me easily killing them? But in uogamers today... you rarely find anyone 1v1 because it is all based on 3+ people group fightings.The easiest way to kill a mage on a dexxer is to have alchemy ..... this is my opinion but it is highly effective ;/

I was just thinking about adding alch to me dexxer today but how do you survive a mind blast and still have time to heal? maybe we can go out together and do some pk hunting with are dexxers - sounds like I could learn a thing or two from you - im me sometime [email protected]

RenegadePeon

Wanderer

Osiris said:
im sick of hearing dexers cry about them not being as good as a mage, one you risk less two it requires alot less skill, if you wanna be on an even playing field create a mage and have some fun.

guid to being good dexer:

resist,swords,tactics,lumberjacking,healing,alchemy,magery--if you wanna be reall annoying take away lbj and replace it with inscribe.

90/100/35

1. begin attacking mage
2. once he gets off first explo take off running, chugging, using aids, toss explo potions..this will stop him in his tracks to start healing.
3. rinse and repeat and you wi

Are you fuckin stupid?

As for the rest of the people claiming weapons are easy to get... hey, so are reagents. In fact, to get a few black pearl and some nightshade, I don't even need to risk the pk infested dungeons. I can go to my local friendly reagent vendor, safely guarded in town. I don't know, maybe you all know something I don't, but it takes a lot less time to run up to the vesper vendors than it does to run to the lich lord dungeons.

And it's sad that I even have to say this to you 4th grade educated dumbasses, but warriors generally don't have recall. So don't even give me this "just recall there" bs.

Most of you people have no concept of balancing... or math, which tend to go hand in hand. I've played both mages and dexxers on this shard. I'm sticking with magery. You get all the benefits, with very few downsides.

You can hide, reveal, heal, damage, poison. With 100 skill points. For a dexxer to do that, he needs Hiding, detect hidden, anatomy, tactics, weapon skill, healing, poisoning. 700 skill points to do the things I just listed. How is that fair? I'm not even talking about pvp balance. I'm talking about general game balance. You've gotta be out of your mind to NOT have magery as one of your skills. Because it makes no sense to GM 7 skills, when all you need to GM is one.

Never have I seen such a large group of morons. Just take out the melee skills. This is a mage shard. And that's fine. Let it stay that way. But stop trying to claim magery is anywhere near balanced. A warrior should be greater than a pure mage, because a warrior requires more skill points.

And let's not get into "player skill". It doesn't take any more skill to play a mage than it does to play a warrior. This is an RPG for christ sake. No skill involved. It's all about just pushing the right buttons at the right time. Unless you talentless hacks really call that "a skill".

Again, I am a mage and really don't mind the imbalance. But I'll call bullshit when I see it.

Asharru

Wanderer

johny[nad] said:
Already a ten second timer on heal pots which is pretty good. And I don't think I need to explain why putting timers on refreshes would be completely horrible.

10 sec timer on the heal pots is not enough though, it makes a heal pot equal to a bandage basically. If you keep heal pots at 10 secs and bandages at 11 secs, you can get a good 30+ heal every 5 secs, that's overkill.

Actually I think you should explain why refreshes don't need a timer. There should be a timer on all the refresh pots and it should equal out to what GM Med gives a mage, i.e.: if it takes a char with GM Med and 100 Int 10 secs to regen mana to full, then a Total Refresh should have a 10 sec timer. Timers for the lower refreshes would be shorter of course. Stamina is a melee's main stat, just as Mana is a mages, why should we be able to instantly refresh all our stamina over and over when mages can't refresh their mana the same way?

Asharru

Wanderer

~Silence~ said:
From this post I don't know what side you're on...on the melee side or mage side. Because if you put a timer on refresh pots then you'll render melees probably 85% useless and i wouldn't worry too much about armor seeing that with a good 2 hours of lich killing you have more than 1 good suit. I personally haven't tried out the new changes but i think they are a good step, except im a bit skeptical about the lighting dmg...

I'm on both sides. I mainly play melee chars, but most of my friends play mages so I know what their complaints are as well. I'm not trying to find a way to make the system better for one side, but balanced out so each side has an equal chance. Not to mention, you can't expect the entire community to side with you if you're not willing to give a little as well.

And a refresh timer will only render melees 85% useless if 85% of the melees on the server don't know how to play their chars very well... I carry 3-5 cures/heals/refreshes when I go out, Heal and Cure are set to hotkeys, refresh is not. Normally by the time I go home for the night I've still got 3-4 refreshes left in my pack because I forget to use them, but still manage to win or get away if needed... It's really not that difficult