UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Auto Cure... Auto Heal... Auto Delete...

Chaotic

Wanderer
Re: Auto Cure... Auto Heal... Auto Delete...

can we use if hp < 50 walk south x2 then apply bandaid wait 11sec?
or is that illegal?

ploki

Knight

X-Halio-X;1079799 said:
those rules are not very clear to me...
if i have a macro running in razor that heals me when i dont have full hp or cures me when im poisoned, thats illegal even when i PVP with that? (because as soon as i get 1 damage it would cast grt heal and thus i cant pvp at all)

extremely illegal

Raab Himself

Sorceror

Is a macro in razor that's like:
If poisoned
drink cure

what ever, is that a auto cure?

shaded death

Wanderer

-Covenant-;1139910 said:
Is a macro in razor that's like:
If poisoned
drink cure

what ever, is that a auto cure?

err isnt it no? As long as you have to press a button to run that macro, if your running round with that macro on loop then it is yes

How are you soppose to report this? I fight people that use it everyday... I cant really stop and page a gm in the middle of a battle...

I think its sorta weird that the mods are saying stuff like "so you need this spelled out for you". well DUH Id like it spelled out because Id rather not get deleted. What better place to ask Q's than the forums? Better to get the info here than AFTER getting deleted. My Q about auto heal or cure is for training. Sparring or Poisoning, as these get you hurt and need heals and cures to keep training. Spell it out for me please.

Kakarott

Wanderer

saul;1080254 said:
thank you very much. i did in fact need it spelled out since staff has never given me an answer before on these questions in the threads ive created about it. since razor was revamped recently why didnt they just take this autocure out of there? is that just so you can use it on other shards? my only concern is for new players that dont know this is illegal and see the little box that says autocure and check it.

There is no little box that says 'autocure'; someone has to consciously create a macro that will be constantly running, that if they ever get poisoned, or ever drop below a certain amount of HP, that it will perform an act.

As for your question as to why this capability wasn't just removed from Razor;
there are a number of reasons. The first and foremost, is that you can use the 'if poisoned' operand legally here, you just can't have it on a looping macro. Razor is also used elsewhere, where such rules are non-existent.

AllAboutDaU

Wanderer

so basically this means that..to prevent from useing auto cure or auto heal...you must hit the button to do either cure or heal?

correct?

It's not a good idea to set cure pots to your scroll wheel either, I know a few people who've had a public beating over that.

Kakarott

Wanderer

AllAboutDaU;1141093 said:
so basically this means that..to prevent from useing auto cure or auto heal...you must hit the button to do either cure or heal?

correct?

Correct

MarcusO

Sorceror

I'm all for punishing the auto-heal and auto-cure folks, but I'm against the auto-delete for several reasons...

1) It's not a slam dunk to detect...there's a chance the GM will get it wrong.

2) Some infractions *might* be worse than others (e.g. macro-bandaging a pet while farming a lich lord...which is illegal now as I understand it, but in my mind it's not as serious as auto-heal/cure during pvp)

3) New players that don't know the rules will be auto-deleted before they get first 7x char.

I've suggested that staff try jail and account notes for the first offense, and then do something harsher for repeat offenders, but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

There needs to be some kind of "due process" that includes a chance to appeal "in game" at the time of accusation. With the threat of "instant" deletion of an account, without the chance for appeal, without "due process" prior to deletion, donations *could* be scared away.

Lynyrd

Knight

lol i didn't realize this was so confusing for people

anything that cures for you automatically is illegal. quit trying to get around it.

Siccx

Wanderer