UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Area Effect Spells

Are you in favor of the following changes?

• Yes

Votes: 307 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snommit

Wanderer
I am for the majority of the proposal with the exception of Energy Vortex, and Blade Spirits. I think that for EV and BS, they should attack everyone BUT party and guild and maybe faction. Everything else should be set as you stated in the first post.

Pandamonium

Wanderer
I liked explo pots because they were a way of catching someone who were a GM runner. Apparantly everything that stops runners are shunned on this shard by "eleet" pvpers. Bolas, explo pots and paralyse. But that put aside..

Im both for and against these changes. Im for them because then i'll run around on some lameass jacker whenever i need loot, with a GM made axe and wait for some unsuspecting noob to throw a field spell and then rape him hard and heavy.

Im also for em because they will remind me of UO as it was so long ago.

Im against them because they take away from dexers and i think they will hurt the shards population numberwise. It wasnt a problem on OSI where the flow of players were kinda high, many players left on a daily basis, but many players joined as well. I have no idea how these statistics are for UOGamers.com, im merely mentioning this so you can ponder about it in case you overlooked it.

Noobs already have a really hard time on this shard and many noobs are scared off. The five people ive reccomended this shard to have all left for the same reason "people are assholes here", but this change prolly wont do anything about it. It will make it easier for "vets" to slaughter nooblings without consequenses tho, and thats a sad thing imo. Just like children, noobs are the future :)

I have faith though, unlike many others (based on the posts in this thread), that you wont gay it up. I have faith that you'll think about what youre gonna do before you actually do it, simply because its been that way with all the other changes.

So consider this post both a rant (my bad : ) ) and a plea. If you are going to implement this change remember a few things. The fluxuation of player population, dexers chance for survival and (god forbid) chances of whacking a mage and last, but not least, noobs.

Thanks for reading my post, i hope you dont feel dumber having read it.

LordLardo said:
I'd like to say yes, but after thinking about it, no. If a innocent happens to step into my field, he can count me. If I accidently screw up a purple, I get whacked. If I EQ too close to a town, I get whacked.

So, don't be such a trammy. Who cares if you get a count, you should know where to field. If you chuck a purple pot and screw up, then thats your fault. Finally, don't EQ near towns.

JasonU

Wanderer
Im all for the changes. Only one thing comes to mind though. Fielding inside a faction base during sigil guards and sigil defends is a big part of offence/defence. If I remember correctly, on OSI we had some trouble with faction spys who would run through our fields and die to give counts to the field casters.

Thats the only thing I'm worried about, but of course there are ways of taking care of Spys. Muhahahha

JasonU

Wanderer
Mount Fatigue was put in to stop the Brit to Trinsic horse races. Armor ratings will get a serious drop, and weapon damage will be more effective. Those are the fixes that Melee chars needed in an effort to balance things out.

There is no need whatsoever for a heat seeking ranged weapon that has no max range, takes off 35 damage a pop, can be used on the run all while equiped with a weapon.

Now you want the ability to have such an elite weapon.....fine, but it will now damage innocent players in the area as well. Risk vs. Reward

Thanks for reading my post, I'm glad that people took the time to read it and agreed with what I saw. Sorry for the long windedness of the post too :p

But I've gotta comment on a few of the things that have been said about the changes, so *cracks fingers* here I go.

Anyone who agrees to this is a trammie. End of discussion.
Hardly a trammie. The style of play currently in use right now is actually not as old as you would think.

Pot throwing wasnt even used at all on regular OSI shards except by the VERY few before publish 16 for two reasons. One, alchemy didnt give a damage bonus right up until pub 16, so there was no reason to waste your potions for what little damage you would get. Second, potions, like all other area of affect spells, harmed the innocent, just like on regular OSI shards, right up until, i believe publish 14 or so. So those who agree with this, are calling for a reversion to pre publish 16 styles of playing which is hardly the playstyle of a trammie.

The next complaint will probably be remove magical weapons from the game, because 'mages have no true protection against it'.
Invulnerability armor, end of discussion.

Im against them because they take away from dexers and i think they will hurt the shards population numberwise.
Take away from dexers how...? As to the shard's numbers, this shard is built on the pre-AOS ideal: survive on your own, with your own skill. Don't rely on a publish to make the game an easy ride for you. Those who do need to play elsewhere anyway.

Noobs already have a really hard time on this shard and many noobs are scared off. The five people ive reccomended this shard to have all left for the same reason "people are assholes here", but this change prolly wont do anything about it. It will make it easier for "vets" to slaughter nooblings without consequenses tho, and thats a sad thing imo. Just like children, noobs are the future :)
If this is a hard shard to play on, then I dont know what is "easy". Even regular OSI shards are easy to play on, and they are infinitely harder to survive and thrive on than here. Also, assholes are everywhere, its kind of like saying they left because "there are reds here", its no big suprise that they exist, you just have to learn to deal with them, and survive despite the situation.

Only one thing comes to mind though. Fielding inside a faction base during sigil guards and sigil defends is a big part of offence/defence. If I remember correctly, on OSI we had some trouble with faction spys who would run through our fields and die to give counts to the field casters.
If I'm not mistaken, all factions are considered at war with eachother, and therefore anyone who is in factions will flag orange to another faction player, meaning no counts are given to eachother. So based on that information, I dont see how it would be possible for a non-faction member to enter a faction base, when you are blocked off from entering those areas where sigil defenses would take place and only non-counting faction members can enter. There may be more to it that I dont know, because my participation in factions was rather limited, but this is what I see.

And the last thing, for those who keep dilligently defending potions to have no area of affect damage, that is the least valid of the arguements to be fighting for, and if you would like my reasoning on that, just take a look at the other longest post in the thread :p. But in any case potions are the most obvious of the changes that would need to be put in.

Whew ok thats it.... and again I suceed at throwing togeather an all too long post. Sorry bout that :/

micheal

Sorceror
Raven Lockehart said:
I would like to take this chance to say that faction traps should also hurt all other players as well, including the person who placed the trap.

Well, doasnt that defeat the person of the term "Faction Trap" I mean most faction fights occur in town why would you make it to where all ppl other than factions can be hurt by a damn "Faction" Trap which is made for "Faction" Players and im emphasizing the word faction to stress the point. That if a faction crafter is the only person who can make the trap why should affect anyone other than faction player.

VileStyle

Wanderer
Basically let me sum up explosion pots. If you are running threw a crowded area, dont use em. 90% of the time when your chasing someone, there are no blues in the town.

I dont understand all the bitching

An Old Lady

Wanderer
how about lowering the damage of explo pots to 20 points each, anything. This will basically elminate pot throwing altogether. All people have to do i walk near a pot and turn around and attack you which im sure will happen. Alchemy damage bonus has no point now. Your basically eliminating a template to please those who can not time explo pots. I think template diverity will be hurt as alchemy will no longer be a pvp skill..

Alchemy wasnt meant to be a pvp skill in the first place, the bonus to alchemy was taken out with AOS and therefore existed for one patch. Alchemy shouldnt even be considered for a pvp skill, much like fletching, blacksmithy, or tailoring arent considered pvp skills, but mule skills.

k since there was so many post before mine i would like to say to lardo and the other person who said they would get gaurd wacked casting like ms and e near town and i think he said in town. but you must be fucking retarded thinking you can cast shit like ms and ev in town cuz you cant and so stop bitching about how this will get yo ass guard wacked and now that i think of it you should be guard wacked over and over for being a moron god. :mad:

P

Phooey-hybrid

I vote yes and if I could more than once, I would. This would be a huge change for PvP on the shard, and, in my opinion, would improve it tenfold.

Son Goku

Wanderer
that way when the house hiding griefers hide we cant eq ms there house without them putting blues in there to count us and put everyones orange into the red...

lordmatt

Sorceror
These changes are for the best. They will benefit the shard by providing what the shard is supposed to provide... a pre-Pub16 environment.

If you want your nooblet, Trammie playstyle, go join a Trammie shard. We will be taking OUT a Trammie template and Trammie playstyle. If you can't deal with that, then, like I said before... Go somewhere else.

In layman's terms, we're going to play a more realistic game, and if you don't like it, shut the fuck up.

Duckling said:
Well, doasnt that defeat the person of the term "Faction Trap" I mean most faction fights occur in town why would you make it to where all ppl other than factions can be hurt by a damn "Faction" Trap which is made for "Faction" Players and im emphasizing the word faction to stress the point. That if a faction crafter is the only person who can make the trap why should affect anyone other than faction player.

So in another words your saying that , just because it was made by someone in a faction, it shouldn't harm anyone but an enemy that walks over it?

That's not how it works. No matter who you are, if you walk over a trap you will get hurt, even the maker of the trap.

Everyone here has already made my argument for me with the potions. This is like saying that since you threw the potion, only your enemy should get hurt. That's just not how it works.

Well, faction traps made by somone who MUST be in a faction should only harm people in factions. There are no special requirements for you to make an explosion potions short of the regular requirements that everyone needs to meet. But for you to make a SL faction trap you MUST be in SL, so taking into consideration that special requirement of having to be in a faction to create a faction trap for the spicific faction that your in, special limiters, and in this case privelages of not affecting innocent players should be given. The entire idea of faction traps is spicifically geared to harming an enemy faction member and always has been. It was never intended to hurt innocent players from the get go, unlike explosion potions.

LongBullet

Wanderer
Hah. OK, I am with Some Dude. I even made a post against his earlier on, but now I see what is going on. I haven't been too much about exp potions anyways, but I guess that if someone throws a grenade, it's not going to just miss all thier friends and hit the enemy. Keep in mind, this is a GM Alchy talking :) Yay for the patch!!

krazybone

Wanderer
:)

I am strongly in favor of these changes. I know most of the players on this server are used to the easy way of playing uo because of AOS and the revisions before it, however I think this needs to change. I know the concept of making the game easy for everyone because this attracts players, and lets face it the shard would be nothing without players. I would love it if they whiped all acc and made us start anew with gain as hard as it was about five years ago, but i know that there needs to be compromise. Lets face it, I think that things such as super easy skill gain, and resing pets is good enough for these people. I dont know if some of you guys agree with me, but i feel like making the game soo easy is almost like insulting my intelligence. The point of a game is to be somewhat challenging, or so i believed. But however I have learned that making the game as hard as it used to be is too much for this new generation of retarded children with short attention spans. They want everything fixed in their favor, dumbing down the game and its enjoyability for players like me. I believe that we can compromise thoughh, especially now at a time when UO gamers is doing quite well and has a large population. So yes i believe that these field spells need to be changed as they used to be. Back to the old days of FS baby and skill with throwing explosion pots. Knowing when or when not to throw a field spell and so on. This would also help strengthen red players as well. Since red players really dont care about harming innocents, they would be able to throw exlosion pots left and right and caste field spells when they want, helping even out the red vs blue playing field. It would also give players a reason to play a red opposed to playing a blue. Lets start making this game challenging and rewarding yet again :).

krazybone

Wanderer
Pandamonium said:
I liked explo pots because they were a way of catching someone who were a GM runner. Apparantly everything that stops runners are shunned on this shard by "eleet" pvpers. Bolas, explo pots and paralyse. But that put aside..

Im both for and against these changes. Im for them because then i'll run around on some lameass jacker whenever i need loot, with a GM made axe and wait for some unsuspecting noob to throw a field spell and then rape him hard and heavy.

Im also for em because they will remind me of UO as it was so long ago.

Im against them because they take away from dexers and i think they will hurt the shards population numberwise. It wasnt a problem on OSI where the flow of players were kinda high, many players left on a daily basis, but many players joined as well. I have no idea how these statistics are for UOGamers.com, im merely mentioning this so you can ponder about it in case you overlooked it.

I have faith though, unlike many others (based on the posts in this thread), that you wont gay it up. I have faith that you'll think about what youre gonna do before you actually do it, simply because its been that way with all the other changes.

So consider this post both a rant (my bad : ) ) and a plea. If you are going to implement this change remember a few things. The fluxuation of player population, dexers chance for survival and (god forbid) chances of whacking a mage and last, but not least, noobs.

Thanks for reading my post, i hope you dont feel dumber having read it.

Well you know the reason why everyone is an asshole dont you? Its because everyone has the same skills, nothing is worked for and any nerd with a good computer and connection thinks hes a hard ass. Lets face it there are alot of insecure fags out there, or people that just wana be assholes like me. But im not a duchbag yelling i own you every time i win a fight and so on. But yes its lack of working for anything on this shard, not requiring anyones help and 7 time gming any character in less then two hours that makes the attitudes on this shard suck ass. Sorry its just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.