UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Area Effect Spells

Are you in favor of the following changes?

• Yes

Votes: 307 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazybone

Wanderer
Vile Style said:
Basically let me sum up explosion pots. If you are running threw a crowded area, dont use em. 90% of the time when your chasing someone, there are no blues in the town.

I dont understand all the bitching

Alright, I know ive been posting alot, but ive been gone for a long time :)). As a UO beta vet I just have to say Explosion pot revisions, WHAT THE FUCK WAS OSI THINKING! Ok if they made it attack innocents too then WAM its fixed. I remember playing back in the day when even your horse wasnt flagged crim when your fighting somone. So when i had a pot thrown at me, which was once in a blue fucking moon, old trick DISMOUNT! hahah and then the magic words G U A R D S !

mattfoley

Sorceror
Southern Comfort said:
I know this is a pre aos shard and all but if ur a party member ur supposed to be allied and i dont see why u would want to attack ur party members? I know this is a good uor feel to the game but just doesnt make too much sense to me (Maybe because i was playing uo at publish 16 I dont know all the greatest part of the game)

ok in real life if you are in war and you throw a grenade it would hit everyone in the blast range

yes

same w/ purple pots its like throwing a grenade except you dont have to be careful about blowing up innocents

omfg people will actually have to be careful and think before casting eq or ms or throwing a grenade at an orange in the middle of 50 blues :rolleyes:

krazybone

Wanderer
Ryan said:
These changes were my idea, and the last thing I am, is a Trammie.

GSODNMF

good day.

Ya Ryan im loving the revisions you are thinking of making as of lately :). Btw I dont know how flagging for pets is outside of factions, which i know flags ur pet as faction too. But be carefull of non faction people or maybe guilds fighting and explosion pots, I believe if it was like very old school osi, what i used to do was just hop off my mount and call the guards when one was thrown at me. GL with shard

krazybone

Wanderer
Uchiha~Sasuke said:
tamers are fine...you just gotta learn how to fight em

Ok son.................. You show me how you take down a tamer with two seven time gm mares sir. Ill watch itl be fun watching you die within two seconds. Taming is way out of controll!

M

Mark

SIN said:
Ok son.................. You show me how you take down a tamer with two seven time gm mares sir. Ill watch itl be fun watching you die within two seconds. Taming is way out of controll!

Easily: use a paralyze field, the paralyze spell, or bring a few dexxer friends. Most tamers don't have wrestling to make room for veterinary, and now that melee damage is doubled against NPCs, it should be fairly easy to take down a tamer and his pets. Casting invisibility also causes pets to lose focus and ends their attack.

Broken said:
Hah. OK, I am with Some Dude. I even made a post against his earlier on, but now I see what is going on. I haven't been too much about exp potions anyways, but I guess that if someone throws a grenade, it's not going to just miss all thier friends and hit the enemy. Keep in mind, this is a GM Alchy talking :) Yay for the patch!!
Thanks for the support on the issue, Broken. Truthfully, it is a matter of opinion on the matter, but if you are like me, and you wish for a balanced playfield, then the hard facts of the balance of risking the attack to reap the rewards of sucessfully executing the attack cannot be overlooked.

I would like to note however, that we are not going for a sense of "realism" with the spells and potions, but we are simply trying to create a balanced gameplay using the rules of D&D (Dungeons and Dragons for those not familar with the abbreviation). Basically anything not considered under the control, and directed by magic, is assumed to be under the influence of the natural laws, which include explosion potions.

I vote yes, the closer u get to pre:uor the better. Plus it will actually make people think twice before casting a shitload of fields/expots, etc. I do enjoy seeing a red cast an EV on me and then it turning around and giving him prostate cancer.

(sorry I have no idea how quote works on this forum)
Easily: use a paralyze field, the paralyze spell, or bring a few dexxer friends. Most tamers don't have wrestling to make room for veterinary, and now that melee damage is doubled against NPCs, it should be fairly easy to take down a tamer and his pets. Casting invisibility also causes pets to lose focus and ends their attack.[quote\]

That is all good except for the invisibility thing, if a red attacks u with a pet, u will go grey if u cast invisibility on it, due to the fact that invisibility is considered a positive buff.

M

Mark

That is all good except for the invisibility thing, if a red attacks u with a pet, u will go grey if u cast invisibility on it, due to the fact that invisibility is considered a positive buff.

I meant cast invisibility on yourself, it will make the pets forget about attacking you ;p

krazybone

Wanderer
Mark said:
Easily: use a paralyze field, the paralyze spell, or bring a few dexxer friends. Most tamers don't have wrestling to make room for veterinary, and now that melee damage is doubled against NPCs, it should be fairly easy to take down a tamer and his pets. Casting invisibility also causes pets to lose focus and ends their attack.

Mark mark mark............. :) these are feeble attempts to stop a tamer, and you know it. All a tamer needs to do if hes in a guild and factions is caste ma on his pet, even so casting a field spell while being attacked by two mares is hard enough despite the fact that he probably wont send his animals into it. But yes, dexers/ malee characters do have a chance, but not that great of one. Taming has just too many trammy osi revisions here! cmon mark, you of all people should know that trammy revisions vs. old style pvp- the trammy aos shit will win every time.

PS- its not that it isnt impossible to kill a tamer, its just way too unbalanced, and this is an intelligent comment coming from someone whos sole purpose was pvp in uo since beta for five years. BTW: once you kill the tamer and his pets, he just re reses the freaking things :( pet bonding in factions and combat is just retarded.

OH btw.... the offer still is up for you mark! you take down a tamer single handedly and ill give you the props you deserve. And thats a pvp tamer! not some trammy retard.

krazybone

Wanderer
Something that you might find interesting

Mark said:
I meant cast invisibility on yourself, it will make the pets forget about attacking you ;p

Something you might find interesting Mark.

I pvped on UO since beta on up for five years during all the good times and revisions, thanks god! And in doing so I would like to think i pioneered grey pking in town on GL. To my knowlege i was the first one to actually start doing it. Well i figured some tricks out while doing that. One that isnt great and because of noto timers is much easyer to pull off now is this one. You go grey, time it down to about thirty seconds before you go into town and go blue so you dont get ganked to high heaven, Say there is a tamer in town, and when I used to do this it was way back in the day before anyone could hope to beat a tamer with a white wyrm, nor did pets bond what so ever. So you get the tamer to attack you, hopefully with his character and not with his pets. Run away until you are blue, but of course you know there is now a combat timer with him. Now come back and all this tamer sees is that you are grey. He will most definately give the all kill command, then you type those speciall words G U A R D S ! sit back relax and watch him and his pets get guard wacked. I used to do this non stop on Great lakes and tamers didnt know wtf was going on. Boy those were the good old days, when pvp was at its best and new shit was being found out every day.

Just thought that you might find that shit a lil funny.

sly969

Wanderer
I vote hell the fuck yes. This should cause a lot more people to be more careful with what they use especially all the excessive pot throwing!

I say yes. I've seen too many pkers on this server rely totaly on meteor and EQ, it would be nice if their constituents took some dmg as well. This might make a 3v3 fight, lets say, more fair. Not to mention I loved everything about the old days, and It's nice to revert (or else I'd be playing real UO i guess). my 2c

mordeth72

Wanderer
Please yes

This seriously needs to be addressed, There are ways to change exp pots and not nerf them, osi made this simple by making them area of effect, that way idiot dexers with alchemy can't run around doing damage literally faster then most people can greater heal...
So what if the majority of the server is mages? was this not the same with OSI? Nothing states that dexers are gimp, you just don't play one well. Dexers aren't Gimp by any means, you just have to learn the mechanics of fighting with one in field. Mages are by no means overpowered, and I've seen Exp pot mages too, infact thats how they began.. so to say that mages are already overpowered and dexers need exp pots to be even is bullshit...
Crushing blows from War Hammers can do 90+ damage... Axes can do 80+ with ease hell I've been 1 shotted by them before... Dexers are ANYTHING but underpowered....
90% of the other problem is that EVERYONE myself included will run during ganks, ESPECIALLY when lame asses like * wont mention any names IIIIIIIICCCCC Uses fucking Tamers and Bolas to kill in factions... Dexers Provide usefull things to guilds/gank squads just as mages, For some reason there is a negative conotation with the dexer saying that it is a no skill class, however in some instances such as field fighting a dexer can in times be harder then many mages *hence why people complain dexers are underpowered and need pots* There are ways to fix this problem, and there are ways to make it worse, no one has all the answers and fixing it one way ultimately offsets it and *gimps* or *nerfs* something in return. no pvp system is perfect and there are always ways to outsmart your enemy, however using scripts to throw potions, dump instantly and instantly bola/back on horse is not part of them... this is why OSI was against 3rd party software like this for so long... introduction of it is what killed OSI NOT a lack in player base or pvpers.... This issue and many others need to be addressed, its clear that players want this unfortunately, we don't always have the end saying in this.... We do however help to pay the bills, and without us there would be no use for staff.. so please lets do something about this, a poll anything lets solve this problem before we lose valued people to bullshit tactics just like osi did.

Booshnig

Sorceror
Betty said:
It took me 1 day to learn how to throw explo pots perfectly.

Or one day to set up the macro, having to compromise for server lag (which is way down, gg UOG Staff), and your own connection. But still, it took you a whole day? If I was a purple pot chucker, I'd have the macro in like, an hour tops.

My style, 7xgm dexxer madness. No fancy stuff. Simply GM halberd to face action. The way dexxers were meant to be.

My opinion on the whole 'friendly fire' thing for purple pots and AOE spells: Sounds terrific! Maybe now mages will have to think about more than pressing F2 F6 F5 F5 F3. Make 'em actually have to think of their feet.

Theres one thing id like to suggest which has nothing to do with area effect spells. When you open a container on a dead body in town you become criminal.. Whats the purpose of that? I think it would be better if you dont become criminal just for looking in the bag.

Roman-hybrid

Wanderer
i think the changes are a bunch of bullshit...As it is now there are only a a handful of useful spells...now there are less that can really be used for battle....Also they can no longer be used for sieges in faction bases because of the blues that will give counts.....how about a good patch that will address the abuse of tamers and mares....wtf thumbs down! I cant believe this was truly thought out!!! alchys can no longer fight in town, blade spirits evs and all fields are nearly out of the question if you dont want to go red..with all the multiclienting that goes on here if your a schmuck you could make people go red all day long ...bad bad bad bad patch.

Atriox

Sorceror
From experience, it is much better when AoE spells do not target innocents and friendlies. For a while on OSI they were like the suggested change, and it caused those spells to rarely get used in pvp. The only use they had was in pvm, and even then they were rarely used because they aren't that great.

Eventually they changed it so they it would only target enemies, and UO was much better because of it.If this change becomes true, you won't see many AoE spells used in group combat, like factions, anymore.

This server was based on PVP, not trammies, These spells will not affect any reds, many of all you blue newbs that sit at the graveyard in groups of 1000 waiting for 1 red to show up will have to use a little pvp now instead of alll casted meteor swarm, you might actually target your newb friends now, this is actually realistic now, if you cast an area spell, it cant just decide who is a nice person and who is a bad person or vice versa, it attacks the whole area period, if you dont like it either go red trammie dont use those spells...die trammie blues.....die....grave yard trammie blues....die

-Balir-

Wanderer
Some of the responses to this are just dumb. How is it trammel to agree to this? Removing the safety R-E-S-T-R-I-C-T-I-O-N-S. Safety restrictions = Trammel. Old lady, Everyone will just do GOD tactic now huh? Your tactic of stand around with your group until someone runs up and then chase them down with your uber dexxers and alchemy to win is just so much better ;p.

Status
Not open for further replies.