UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

About Stat Loss (re: Demented Jesters thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-mart

Wanderer
Re: About Stat Loss (re: Demented Jesters thread)

implement statloss, when i played OSI and there was statloss on real pkers remain and to the thing that ryan said we would lose 50% of the population is not true, because skill gain was so easy everyone has every type of char imaginable soi think it would only weed out the shitty pks and leave the pking elite to battle it out

markw2499

Wanderer

How bout making dungeons and mines non pvp areas?
Wouldnt that benifit everry one

Twisted Arm said:
Are you fu<king retarded?

Statloss was never Implemented on OSI severs, It was always there.

Wtf You smoking?

Some of us that played before your time little boy, will remember a time with no stat loss.

OSI's solution to random killing was to implement stat loss which turned almost every red in a pot chugging, running little whore!

Dracnon

Wanderer

MemphisWade said:
when reds see factioners they recall instantly, and they are very skilled at recalling too, they do it a lot

..which is exactly why ryan made this thread.. pussification

Ive never seen any YES outside of guard zone except maybe BGY and Del Pond.... and when you do see them outside of GZ..they are NEVER alone... if a good red recalls from ur guild...its cuz they're outnumbered..u would do the exact same thing facing double ur numbers in impulse, pud-nation, or 2D.

Koor-hybrid

Wanderer

Do you guys not know how statloss works? You just stay dead and let the time hours roll off your logged in ghost until you can rez without loss of any skills.. and if its only an hour a short, then unless you have a crapload of shorts you can just leave your char logged in overnight and rez him in the morning.

Demitri said:
No, does anyone remember what happened after OSI implemented stat loss??? All the fucking reds turned into big pussies that wouldn't fight anyone capable of defending themselve for fear of dieing and going into stat. Most pkers turned into dump and run bitches.
First off, the important word is "Most" pkers turned into dump and run bitches. Those are the same PKers that, on this shard, will drop out of being red, and take the faction reprieve to get into some faction action. Reds are mercilessly res-killed and dry looted as it is, and that will definitely increase, but that will make it more difficult to find a res as a red and will further encourage only those truly willing to take that path, to stick with it.

I loved Siege. But mostly because it was a veteran's shard. Like, I would say, UOG: Hybrid was originally. "Made for the people that love UO, by the people that love UO." Now though, UOG: H is fucking huge. There are true newbies, players that have never played UO before, coming here and learning the game first hand.

The implementation of statloss will guarantee more reported murders, guarantee more blue versus red mentality, guarantee more cooperation among PKs and blues in general, and more action in factions.

On the topic of the bounty boards, it would be pretty neat just to get them implemented on here just for shits and giggles. It would probably be abused, PKs would probably claim their own bounties, but as on OSI, some wouldn't, and those few would gain respect on the field and be more avidly hunted by the blues. The only stipulation to that, I would propose, would be that the same IP cannot issue a bounty a bounty to itself, so people don't just report themselves for 2 million and sit at the top of the bounty board measuring e-peen all day.

Damn, I still have like 5 more hours of work and all this talk makes me want to go PK so badly, hehehe.

e-mart

Wanderer

markw2499 said:
How bout making dungeons and mines non pvp areas?
Wouldnt that benifit everry one

that is the most trammy thing ive ever heard EVER he wants to make a mini trammel inside of fel and this wouldnt work cause if u wwere say pvping brit gy u could just run to the mine and be sife. stupid idea./

Chicka

Wanderer

Koor said:
Do you guys not know how statloss works? You just stay dead and let the time hours roll off your logged in ghost until you can rez without loss of any skills.. and if its only an hour a short, then unless you have a crapload of shorts you can just leave your char logged in overnight and rez him in the morning.

I have Never Herd of that.... If that is the case this isnt so bad.....

e-mart

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
guarantee more cooperation among PKs.

AAMMEENNNNNNN being red was like being in a guild back in they day. enough with the reds killing reds bullshit.

Chicka said:
I'll Tell ya what i PLAYED OSI---Grate Lake's FOR 6 Years Stat Loss has Not, I repeat NOT all way been there, I was implemented CUS OF PUSSY ass blues bitching JUST LIKE TRAM!!!!!!!!!!!
That was so long ago... like pre-T2A. It was implemented on shards very early on because the staff noticed that it was difficult for new players and concluded there should be a penalty for being a murderer other than not being able to go in town or use the bank (if you got the worst level of karma).

On that note, why the hell can you still use banks on here when you have the lowest possible karma? That should be implemented as well: NPCs won't serve you if you're an Outcast. Just give us some notice so I can clear out my PK's banks, hehe.

aliger

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
On the topic of the bounty boards, it would be pretty neat just to get them implemented on here just for shits and giggles. It would probably be abused, PKs would probably claim their own bounties, but as on OSI, some wouldn't, and those few would gain respect on the field and be more avidly hunted by the blues. The only stipulation to that, I would propose, would be that the same IP cannot issue a bounty a bounty to itself, so people don't just report themselves for 2 million and sit at the top of the bounty board measuring e-peen all day.

Damn, I still have like 5 more hours of work and all this talk makes me want to go PK so badly, hehehe.

Only problem with that is, Guild memebers would be able to collect the bounty, then give the money to the pk.

Dracnon

Wanderer

Thats why I was saying its stupid to implement...all it means is that my char that just killed 24 ppl cant be used for a day IF he dies......so i log onto my other account and kill u tram fags on that account instead?

oh...noz...

Is this will happen, soloing will be completely useless on this server and if you don;t have 10 friends, you cant faction. Here is why, you see an entorauge out solo, you attack um, booooooommmmm, 15 more show up, you cant recall, since it is factions, and you get para ganked for the lose. The only way to solo on this server is too pk, period.

Demitri said:
Some of us that played before your time little boy, will remember a time with no stat loss.

OSI's solution to random killing was to implement stat loss which turned almost every red in a pot chugging, running little whore!

Wow, you've played a gamer longer then me, congrats!

but Ive played since the release of T2A, don't talk down to me.

aliger said:
Only problem with that is, Guild memebers would be able to collect the bounty, then give the money to the pk.

Well ya, there is always a way to abuse the bounty system. But it is still a cool aspect to the game, and a roleplay factor for PKs that like to roleplay as an honorable murderer.

Everyone against it needs to keep in mind what Koor said. If you die on your PK, you just macro all night long and get res'd in the morning. Your stats stay where they were, you stay red because you have hundreds of Long Terms, but your Short Terms will be reduced to 0, thus no statloss, thus you can res.

aliger

Wanderer

I'm for the bounty system.. I used to play way before T2a even came about, Always enjoyed pking, and yes... i always collected my own bounty. It was a fun aspect of the game. I agree to both, statloss and bounty system. but would be just happy with statloss. I'm a big boy.:p

I remember there aALWAYS being statloss, it was part of being red.

It still should be.

Bubbster

Wanderer

Remove murder counts on top of that then.......And how you referred as all the pks as "fucking pussies", made me kinda pissed with that ignorant comment.

I PK for profit and to PvP, not to grief.

Kenrick said:
This is what testicles look like. Take notes, Impulse.

Good Job captain dipshit for making the most useless post ever, but I understand this is an obvious out cry from a person who just gets owned daily, it's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.