UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

About Stat Loss (re: Demented Jesters thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

About Stat Loss (re: Demented Jesters thread)

I'm not one to typically get involved in discussions like this but I have to stand up and say it, because frankly I think the majority of the players on this shard are pure bred pussies. It's not just because that’s the way they are it’s partially our fault, we've catered to the players so often that they've become expectant of it. It's part of the reason why UO Gamers is so big, and its part of the reason why its so rampant with fuck heads because some times, no not all of the time like some of you whiners like to say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

PK'ers on this shard are not die hard PK'ers they are the pussies that cannot stand to play where there is a consequence for their action, social rejects if you will, that like to go around thinking they are hard asses because the kill a miner who's wearing no clothes and has only ore in his pack and a pickaxe in his hand. They don’t do it for the profit or sport; they do it out of spite. The population of this shard is huge, and it used to be very diverse but now we are running into a situation where only the assholes will survive.

To be honest I would implement stat loss tomorrow if it wouldn’t result in 50% of the people that play this shard quitting. No one wants to work for anything any more, no one plays this game for the FUN that a previous poster mentioned they play this shard because they cant hack it on shard's where skill gain is harder, or where stat loss exists. We are the biggest shard, but in my opinion we are no longer the best shard.

I love and miss what UO Gamers was two years ago, but now I am stuck with this mess of player base. Don't get me wrong, I am making sweeping generalizations and I know that. If you want to complain about me doing it, you will be doing so on deaf ears. I don’t care about complaints any more. I've gotten to the point where I cannot stomach checking my email because people want to whine about the skill gain increases, the reds in town, these things that really have no affect on them, its just that they like to whine.

I proposed a change a few months ago, almost a year ago to introduce stat loss to the shard. My idea was to take long term and short term counts, and cut them in 1/4th. Meaning Short is one hour and long is eight hours. At this point if you are a murderer and you die, you get punished. Of course everyone here freaks out when it comes to being held accountable for their actions. If you go out on this shard and you kill someone, you should make the decision when you see them "is this person worth killing". You shouldn't be killing people on this shard like they are a hind in the woods, because that's not going to keep people around, regardless of how easy it is to go restock, because for them it just isn't any fun.

If you guys actually loved this shard, you'd be cheering for stat loss. It seperates you pussy PK'ers from the PVP'ers. There is a real distinction that exists there, but we don’t have it on Hybrid. If you want to PVP, you should join factions or order/chaos. If you want to PK, you should know you have a shot at getting your ass handed to you for doing so. Implementing stat loss should encourage players to group up, pk's and blues rolling together, order/chaos rolling together and factions rolling together to kill the enemy, be it whoever that is. You guys that are red and are bitching are the people that are NOT PK'ers and are the people that are PVP'ers, but don’t have the self control or skill it takes to join a faction or order/chaos.

Order and Chaos and factions are setup for the people that just like to fight other people to be able to do so without a punishment, which is where the line is drawn.

So my challenge to all of you who are saying that stat loss is bad in this thread is to shut thy mouth and join a faction for unhindered PVP. It is time to separate the men from the boys. Either man up or shut up, I am tried of you people complaining.

In the end, this shard is designed for fun and that means fun for everyone, not just the PVP crowd. As it stands you think everyone can have fun but you a re not accounting for the guys that are miners who get *pwnt* 24x7 by "pk's" that are just trying to have "their fun" and conversely ruining the game for others. We have to find a balance, and wherever that balance is we shall see, I am not saying in this post that stat loss is coming, but I am saying if you want instant gratification my suggestion is find a new shard or go play Guild Wars because eventually this shard will not be the place for you. UO Gamers is about fun, not just for PVP'ers and PK'ers but for everyone. This is not trammel but this is not Quake either and in the coming weeks months you will see a balance coming into play.

Vote here about stat loss being bad or good:

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33579

R

Ryan

Re: About Stat Loss (re: Demented Jesters thread)

Btw, that fucking censor bullshit is gone.

I see what you mean ryan and i totally agree with statloss...and removing the censor bullshit ^.^

I just wish there was a better way Ryan.

But there is a big problem. Statloss discourages things like events for Evil RPers - or just blue vs red pvp in general - because you can't trust ignorant kids not to give counts when it's just reds trying to have fun. It was why GUL (Guardians of the Undead Lords) nearly collapsed on napa when they put in statloss (later they made their own player run shard). It's hard as hell to throw a shard-wide event red evil rp guild vs everyone because you're going to have to macro for a year by the end of it.

Siege had the same problem, you know - certainly IPY did too. Too many pks. You simply CANNOT SOLO without getting ganked - there is no real way to stop that. Putting in statloss would force PKs to always move in ganksquads so that they don't die and risk having to macro - and so they can red heal and save counts.

This is why I urge for champ spawns. The only way to help the situation without putting in statloss or such is to force blues to travel prepared, in groups. I remember training my old trammel guild to come join my new friends in fel and do champ spawns - they friggin loved it. They must have pissed their pants the first time they saw a PK and ate dirt. The only thing is - what would we get out of the champs? I leave that to you.

Edit: I don't cheer for statloss because I don't have a problem with PKs. Recall is so freaking quick is impossibly easy to get off except for the occasional blindside by a pk/pk tamer. I rarely get pked - its just that all the kids that do also come here to whine about it to you.

Ryan said:
PK'ers on this shard are not die hard PK'ers they are the pussies that cannot stand to play where there is a consequence for their action...

Amen.

Vash said:
So do you only kill fucking miners?

ha ha, its not. i only go up there & kill them to draw out their alts for fights.

i never loot them & let them keep working after they rez.

bah, you edited your post...

Terron

Knight

Lythandesi said:
words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

the point of what you were saying was the point of what ryan was saying. read your own words.. you're saying its a bad idea because you can't solo PK.. whoop-de-doo? Going anywhere in UO, alone, is a very bad idea if you value your characters life and belongings. Champ spawns add an artificial grouping to UO.. they encourage temporary group-play that ends when all parties are bored or dead.

Well i think that to avoid those shitty miner pks, gms should make some places with safe mining, cause those miners are mining to actually supply themselfes to pvp, and those shitty pks make some good pvpers leave. cause honestly if i get killed while mining im not gonna mine again... and when there were alot of reverts on the server, i was making a char. i gmed it and the server crashed. after the revert, i never touched that char again. Many ppl are different on UOG. some like a great challenge by joining factions, some like to craft and sell stuff, some like to PvM and farm gold and banksit, but some just to piss off others. We cant change ppl, but the staff can do something to make it better for player that actually enjoy the shard without making fun of others.

Because we are loosing many new and old players. When i joined, i got killed in front of trinsic moongate. i just got uo so i didnt know wtf i was doing. if none of my friends played, i would never came back... and i made a miner. i remember getting the pure white forces sash and selling it for 50k. i got myself a 3wall house (woohoo) and was very proud of myself.

I just wanna say that UOG mush have a safe place for new ppl that are learning to play and are gathering ressources for their Pks

Terron said:
the point of what you were saying was the point of what ryan was saying. read your own words.. you're saying its a bad idea because you can't solo PK.. whoop-de-doo? Going anywhere in UO, alone, is a very bad idea if you value your characters life and belongings. Champ spawns add an artificial grouping to UO.. they encourage temporary group-play that ends when all parties are bored or dead.

Yeah I know I 100% agree with Ryan but statloss isn't the only option. But it *might* be the best. Was just offering some seperate thoughts on the matter - your criticism is right, you're asking to die if you go anywhere alone and champ spawns are one way (not perfect) of encouraging blue hunting/anti groups.

and btw, ryan, u should make the champion spawns so that blues regroup and work together to kill stuff and have fun. trust me, with the new server u guys got, it will bring alot of ppl here, cause some of my friends quit uo cause they didnt like much to pvp and other shards are shit... so champion spawns will make a great change. (my opinion)

and also ryan, u must do something for the house economy, cause houses are getting alot in value cause we got alot of players and no room, that means we need new lands for the server, again its my opinion.

aliger

Wanderer

Ryan, I couldn't agree more. Statloss ftw. Ill still fuckin PK. I suck at pvp right now, i don't care if i go statloss.. I've always enjoyed making characters. Statloss means shit to me. I say, go for it.

NASTY_DEVILx said:
and btw, ryan, u should make the champion spawns so that blues regroup and work together to kill stuff and have fun. trust me, with the new server u guys got, it will bring alot of ppl here, cause some of my friends quit uo cause they didnt like much to pvp and other shards are shit... so champion spawns will make a great change. (my opinion)

i agree... new really tough monsters would be nifty. i like to pvm as much as i like to pvp. but of course those spawns will eventually be taken over by the zerg guilds so whatever.

Shamino45

Wanderer

It might just be me but I think you're getting admin support on this one ryan, I was just sent a message in game with a link to this exact url, congrats...

you made a super sweet post...

and btw, I back the decision all the way!

aliger said:
Ryan, I couldn't agree more. Statloss ftw. Ill still fuckin PK. I suck at pvp right now, i don't care if i go statloss.. I've always enjoyed making characters. Statloss means shit to me. I say, go for it.

This is what testicles look like. Take notes, Impulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.