UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

a loller

Wanderer
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Peniku said:
hOW MANY DAYS TO BE ABBLE TO USE Ethereals!?

It would be nice if you read the thread before asking questions that were already stated.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

110% agree, itd be nice to see people who are actually more vet get something...Altough when I moved away for a bit and all my chars were deleted my accounts age started again [e cry now it kinda sucks lool

a loller

Wanderer

Oh and I agree with the changes, the system suck right now, and the new one sounds great :)

i vote no cause i dont care about new items and what not i came to this shard cause u could get ethys at such a young age

i dunno about u all but i waited for 3 fucking years on osi (and i know this isnt osi but still) to get my ethys and then i got fucked by aos and quit just shortly after i got them i dont want to have to wait for ever on here to get them to

and if they are deleted will i get a point for ever reward i have or will i just get a points for the age of my account? in this case im getting fucked out of alot of ethys and robes that i have spent more than 5k on some of them were like 3 to 6k each and after about 20 items thats a loss of gold when u have no way to farm gold

Janus

Wanderer

The etherals should still be available for newer players, it really helps them get around and play much more stress free.

Shadow772

Sorceror

I'd like to see what the in-game poll results look like.

Edit: Voted yes.

a loller

Wanderer

Janus said:
The etherals should still be available for newer players, it really helps them get around and play much more stress free.
Yea, after rethinking it, Maybe for newer players there should be only one ethy available, maybe a horse or ostard

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

DONATION ITEMS ARE NOT GOING TO GET WIPED

joey2ultima

Sorceror

When I first heard about the changes I made a couple uneducated guess's as to the real reason...

Ryan you make it sound like we are going to trade ethys or soemthing...or robes? Doesn't make sence since you can only use them if you can get them. Hence you wont need to buy anything but a vet account.

Why buy a vet account? So you dont have to buy a horse EVERYTIME you die..EVERYTIME. Reds will have to go to blue towns? sicne there wnt be enough mounts.....

But this does mean one thing...EVERYONE that hasn't been here for a year will have to donate..

It's pretty simple.

Fain

Sorceror

joey2ultima said:
But this does mean one thing...EVERYONE that hasn't been here for a year will have to donate..

It's pretty simple.

He just said you can use ethys at 6 months. Not one year.

Countessa

Knight

joey2ultima said:
I don't like this idea because I do not know how to play UO

fixed

Amusing how people like you ignore the fact the player base has been asking for something like this for awhile. But I'm sure you are right, Ryan's in it for the big bucks.

Siccx

Wanderer

I voted no... due to the fact

1. would screw all those new players waiting to be able to ride an etheral
2. would only discourage many players pvp wise (horse killing) "bolas"
3. would only make people have to donate to be able to compete ( guess that benefits the shard costs)
4. The robes, dyes, etherals, statues as rewards don't hurt anyone, does it really matter.
5. Theres other things to fix on the shard besides rewards.

Phooey

Knight

You have no idea how happy I am to, first off, see this thread, and secondly see that "YES" is the leader by far!

Siccx said:
I voted no... due to the fact

1. would screw all those new players waiting to be able to ride an etheral
2. would only discourage many players pvp wise (horse killing) "bolas"
3. would only make people have to donate to be able to compete ( guess that benefits the shard costs)
4. The robes, dyes, etherals, statues as rewards don't hurt anyone, does it really matter.
5. Theres other things to fix on the shard besides rewards.

qft

chelon

Sorceror

THE ANSWER IS A BIG N + O . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THE reason is simple I join the shard because it doesnt have all the fucking lame shit that osi has. and its EASY TO CATCH UP with the easy skill gain and i be able to ride an ethy within 3 month. IF you punish the new players from making new accounts, while the old players farming vet rewards with their god knows how many old blank accounts. It will definitly make new comer think twice before joining hybrid.

I know majority of the uogamers on hybrid is fucking hardcore UO lover, but you do need new population to keep shard going. You have to get 1 thing straight you wont have tooo many people that is fucking dedicated enough to wait 6 month to just ride the ethy and i assume you have to wait a much longer period of time to claim the new mounts that just introduced like polarbear/dragon/wolf. UO is pushing 10 years old. The fan base is getting smaller and smaller.

Maybe you should consider rewarding new comer for joining hybrid. Instead making obstacles.