UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Romey

Sorceror
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

i think its a good idea, i'd like to see ethys have an insta remount though.

Flipper

Knight

HELL YES!

Also, make warhorses bondable without having to own a town, because we wont have ethy's at first!!

good updates, looking forward to see what rewards will be up for grabs :) would be nice to have alot of variations, not just like robes or items of diff color. and also uselful items, like lets say u can get a poket loom after a year which allows u to get yearns without going to your house/tailor (not really realistic, but just an idea i though id toss). but yeah, its cool updates

Kenshin-

Wanderer

i think it should be rrevamped....but like the person who posted first said...people will jsut farm accounts for vet rewards again and they will eventually become completely worthless.....yes accounts get periodically deleted....HOWEVER that does not stop people using dial-up or dsl from creating new accounts....i think if this happens then the 2 account per rule should be enforced. i remember back on osi when ethies were like 6-700k per......money actually meant something =( good days.

quietusbr

Wanderer

NASTY_DEVILx-hybrid said:
good updates, looking forward to see what rewards will be up for grabs :) would be nice to have alot of variations, not just like robes or items of diff color. and also uselful items, like lets say u can get a poket loom after a year which allows u to get yearns without going to your house/tailor (not really realistic, but just an idea i though id toss). but yeah, its cool updates

yea great idea u have too, but realistic? kal vas flam is not realistic also :D lol just kidding

Bobby McPrescott said:
Tbh it sounds like you just don't want to lose your ethy - which is the mentality we don't need in this thread.

Tbh it sounds like you have problem with reading comprehension.

Ides of March said:
I’ll fully admit to being a bitch about it but I just don’t give a shit about keeping up with a bonded horse or even hitting the stables…by the time this would go in I will be at 6+ months so it won’t really be a big deal …[i.e. personally this wouldn’t prevent me from using ethys]

Thus why I brought up how it might affect new players and the shard as a whole. It’s novel that you don’t think people shouldn’t give opinions other than incessant cheerleading or, God forbid, constructive criticism in a thread asking for it. The point of looking into this is to be sure it is implemented in a way so as to improve the shard as much as possible. But whatever dude, I’m not hardcore for either option, and certainly not enough to argue the point with a shortsighted zealot.

aemneuspeed

Knight

if you cant wait 6 months for an ethy then dont play here! i say do it do it, make the changes.

quietusbr

Wanderer

i dont know why ppl still love those ethys they are just :gay: and ghostly so to me its fine :D

Moosebish

Wanderer

I do think that the vet reward system should be revamped, but...

Now here me out on this one...

I don't think that the vet rewards should be anything that give you an advantage over other people. Over monsters? sure i don't care. But this server is so PvP happy that anything that gives you a little boost becomes the standard and without it you'll do worse than everyone else. My main example is ethereal pets... They are used by EVERYONE. The people that don't use them get their pets killed when the die and have to get them rezzed or buy a new one. Most people who don't ride ethy's in PvP ride mares and have an ethy in their pack for if they die.

I say change up all the vet rewards, make some sweet decorations or armor dyes, i don't care. But I think that there should be like a mini quest in game for a horse ethy or you should be able to buy them from a special vendor. So that at least everyone can have a horse ethy. You can make llama and ossy vet rewards. But make it fair for everyone to have the chance to ride an ethy during PvP.

And since all donation items are being deleted... do we get anything back for them? Maybe like a clean up britannia type thing and then if we don't throw em away then they get deleted.

Ethys actually are a disadvantage in PvP - they have a long mount time, meaning if you get bola'd, you're fucked.

So your paint is not valid :(

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

I'd just prefer it if the rewards were useable by anyone even if you're not able to claim that reward for yourself yet. The people that could claim them would only be able to sell them for more in that situation. Therefore the goal of making the things more valuable would be reached.

(My account age says 3 months. I'm just waiting for the ethy ability to kick in now... figures.)

Edit: I'd make an exception for ethys though. If they were useable by anyone at any age, it'd sort of ruin the donation ones.

Patheasy

Sorceror

In my opinion.. etheys are not very good for pvp. With all the bola tossing in pvp I would much rather ride a swamppy or a beetle. Ethys are the worst pvp mount you can have, sure they are great for back up but.. I guess it mostly my opinion.

As long as super vets get somthing noticable. Those who have been here for 2 1/2 - 3 years, Thats a true vet imo. And osi didnt even come out with good vet rewards unless you were 2 years +

Ringo-hybrid

Sorceror

Questions since I just read this thread
1. Will I get to keep my 2 donation ethys as I paid well for them?

2. Do all accounts start over or does my tenure count toward the new rewards

Countessa

Knight

One-use bottles of dye (random color chance) for deer masks and bear masks, pls?

Snowman87

Wanderer

Build an account. Build a character. Let the account sit for 6months while u play a dif shard and come back problem solved hahahha