UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

One mistake I made long, long ago when launching this shard was setting the veteran reward timer to 1 month.

I'm willing to with the support of the shard take the necessary steps to correct it.

I'm fully aware guys that this is a game changing move by even offering the idea and some of you are going to be unhappy with it and I realize that but please hear me out before you just blanketly say "no".

Right now Veteran rewards are useless and without question completely worthless. The aim of revamping the veteran rewards system is not to remove items from the world or any of that crap its simply to reward the veteran players of Hybrid and allow them to have some cool items in the process.

The proposal is to wipe all veteran rewards on the shard, and repopulate your accounts with points to claim veteran rewards.

The veteran rewards themselves will get a change also. We will be adding new items and mounts to the veteran reward system. This will give you some incentive to say "yes". Not only do you get new items and mounts but it also provides us the chance to add yearly or however often we see fit, new items. Right now even attempting to add new items to the veteran reward system is useless.

The end game goal of doing this would be to make Veteran rewards worth something again. Make them something people want to have and something people will buy, sell and trade! I know you guys are worried about losing your pixels but isn't it worth it to get better pixels? ;)

The proposed solution would change the current vet reward period to 6 months. So in essence you'd get 1 year's worth of credits for 6 months.

EDIT: We'd make ethereal steeds available @ the 6 month mark.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ajax

Lord
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

FIRST POST, yes I think so 3 years and I am running out of space to keep all of my lizardmen statues!!!

edit: what about people farming accounts for veteran rewards? I think that will in turn make the whole new reward system not as great as we all hope it would be. There are plenty of accounts out there that are 3 years old and have been kicked around by newb gold farmers for years.

Jaltos

Sorceror

I was sceptical at first, but reading your post made me vote yes.

Now I'm going to throw myself in a big bonefire.

Lint

Wanderer

Yeah I just wish my account wouldnt have gotten deleted with the away time :/ As u can see I've been here since Dec 2004 on forums and only 1 month on accounts right now :"( . But yeah new rewards sounds good I hope u guys get something badass and cg on being part of this shard for the extended period of time.

Liscious

Wanderer

from a pvp standpoint I disagree, some newer players to the shard play to pvp and having to buy horses for 6 months sucks when you can train to 7x in a week. otoh this would improve donations. keep the 3 month ethy rewards and change the rest imo.

Ajax

Lord

Liscious said:
from a pvp standpoint I disagree, some newer players to the shard play to pvp and having to buy horses for 6 months sucks when you can train to 7x in a week. otoh this would improve donations. keep the 3 month ethy rewards and change the rest imo.
Horses are about 402 gold, I don't think it will be an issue. Heck go to delucia there is a spawn there of about 50 ostards

inferno0261

Wanderer

Liscious said:

Bond your mount.

MiIk

Wanderer

Normally I would say no to this for selfish reasons. Getting made dead and then losing you horse sucks ass. But because one can buy a donation ethereal mount, I voted yes. New items would be awesome, plus its somehting to look forward to.

MiIk

Wanderer

Enrique Shanaar said:
Bond your mount.

Good idea, but theres nothing worse than walking around with a dead horse following you asking a bunch of dickhead, bank sitting tamers to rez.

coldblood

Knight

MiIk said:
Good idea, but theres nothing worse than walking around with a dead horse following you asking a bunch of dickhead, bank sitting tamers to rez.
making a gm vet takes like 30mins tbh :(