UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Contest! With Prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiCeruS

Sorceror
Re: A Contest! With Prizes!

Continuing from the first post...

Overview: UODemise is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Demise allows you to choose what sort of profession you want to be in, and also enables you to customize every single one of your skills! You can train your skills of prefence such as archery which you can use your excellent marksmanship skills to aim the bow and arrow at your foe. Long-range attacks mean that you are less likely to get hit! If you are training archery you are more likely be a Bard, Bard Guildmaster, Bowyer, Mercenary, Ranger, Ranger Guildmaster. Or if you want to interact with players, such as PvP, you can create one of the most powerful Mage in existance. Interact with an incredible player base and make new friends, meet new challenges, and explore a variety of lands and dungeons. Wield powerful magic and slay your foes with a sword in hand, or even pilfer the possessions of unsuspecting passers-by and earn your living as an infamous thief! You could also raise your shield in defence of the land by becoming a paladin, perhaps whisper words of destruction as you journey down the path of necromancy, or you can become an infamous assassin called a ninja. You can also buy a plot of land and design your own house from top to bottom – then fill it with a collection of rare items and decorations.There are limitless possibilities with only your imagination to bridle them – so take hold of the reins and choose your own destiny! If you want to have fun, join in the UODemise Family and experience this wonderful community where you will have the best time gauranteed! UODemise is a third-person/isometric fantasy role-playing game set in the Ultima universe. It is also known for its extensive timing-based player versus player combat system. To maintain order in the online community, there are gamemasters who resolve player disputes, police the shard for terms of service violations, and correct glitches in the game. Several expansions have been released, but its aging game engine and graphics make it fairly outdated compared to competitive, new massively multiplayer games. The original Ultima Online sequel, Ultima Worlds Online: Origin was to be set in a world where the Past, Present and Future of Sosaria were merged together by a mistake made by Lord British while attempting to merge together the shards of the Gem of Immortality, it was described by some as the first attempt at a Steampunk massively multiplayer online game. Todd McFarlane was hired to design original monsters and regions for the game, as well as help shape the story. Unfortunately it was canceled before its release citing the competitive nature of the massively multiplayer online gaming market, Electronic Arts feared that the sequel would harm UO's subscription numbers and vice versa. Some of the monsters and art made for UWO:eek: were later used in the Ultima Online expansion Lord Blackthorn's Revenge. A new sequel entered development called Ultima X: Odyssey, which was to bring together the stories from Ultima IX and Ultima Online, it was cancelled as well in order to focus more on other Ultima titles being made. The number of subscribers achieved by UO was surpassed by EverQuest in 1999.

· The Second Age (October 1, 1998) Featured a new area of land called the Lost Lands, along with an in-game chat system and new creatures. Also known as T2A.
· Renaissance (April 3, 2000) The world was doubled in size, as there were literally two copies of it. The worlds were called Felucca and Trammel, after the two moons in Ultima's Britannia world. The Trammel world did not allow player killing, while the Felucca world did. Felucca also adopted a darker, more foreboding look.
· Third Dawn (March 7, 2001) The major change was that this expansion included a 3D client, no doubt to compete with 3D MMORPGs like EverQuest. Also, a special Third Dawn only land was created, called Ilshenar. It was accessible only to 3D clients until the release of Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.
· Lord Blackthorn's Revenge (February 24, 2002) Brought "a dark new world based on new characters from Todd McFarlane" to Ultima with improved game AI, in-game help, and improved character creation.
· Age of Shadows (February 28, 2003) Brought the landmass of Malas with lots of space for new housing, two new character classes (Paladin and Necromancer) and the possibility to customize house designs.
· Samurai Empire (Forthcoming) Brings ancient asian mythology and folklore to the game, two new classes (Ninja and Samurai) and a new area to explore, the Tokuno Islands.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Mine:

Archery? Magery? Tamer? Lamer? If you use any skill in UO this shard is for you. Have you ever though of all the new cool creatures in UO you couldn't try because you disliked Aos and quit? Uo Demise is an One of a kind shard, it contains something for everyone, be it Role PLaying, Player versus Player Or even Player Versus Monster, Uo demise Has a L33t with two 33 ranked staff. They are the top of the top. With a great Server Computer it hosts this great server without any lag, has massive amount of items, Npcs, and other enviromentables that are possible thanks to a great pc. Demise is like taking Osi removing all the dumb people and adding nice and "elite" people into it. So if you are wondering if Demise is for you i have come up with ten questions to ask your self.

1. Would i like to fight new monsters?

2. Free osi ? Holy Schnaps

3. L33t, Nice, players? WOW

4. No lag ? No lag at all :D

5. Role Playing? AYE M'LORD

6. Pvp? EXPLOSION EB !

7. Taming? Yeap you know it, you love it, you do it. PERIOD

8. Player versus Monster? Yea thats right now you can get even with that chicken that over ran britannia fel gate when you were a newbi :D

9. Items? Yes there are alot of items

10. Something for everyone? HELLZ YEA BABY, be it love, be it taming, be it pwning, be it stealing, be it trapping annoying people so that they can get killed by the mongbat in the island. Its all here and its free!!

WOOO DEMISE ROCKS BABY!

SiCeruS

Sorceror

Khaos said:
Nice plagarism skills there slick

ASayre said:
You see, you need to write. Err, Type. Tappity Tappity Type Type. With the keyboard preferably, but we accept those using Character Map Or copy and pasting single letters from other web sites - Ransom Letter Style, but that's time consuming. We reccomend using a solid, normally plastic, board with many buttons on it, buttons commonly called keys.

Please read before you flame someone or if you prefer do you want me to put the references for you?

imaquin

Wanderer

lol my god can you not read?

"You see, you need to write. Err, Type. Tappity Tappity Type Type. With the keyboard preferably, but we accept those using Character Map Or copy and pasting single letters from other web sites - Ransom Letter Style, but that's time consuming. We reccomend using a solid, normally plastic, board with many buttons on it, buttons commonly called keys."

hes talking about copying 1 letter at a time as an joke (RANSOM LETTER STYLE) hes not saying go to www.uo.com and copy there about section you clampet.

Please if your going to try and defend yourself in the future by using a quote read it and make sure you fully understand it before you post it, as you now look like a spoon and we dont want that :)

how reds your face now boy ?

SiCeruS

Sorceror

To Irishbob,

Asayre is stating that its okay to copy and paste from other website. not necessarily in a joking way. that was the whole point. please in the future dont read between lines, understand it :)

huh

Wanderer

SiCeruS said:
To Irishbob,

Asayre is stating that its okay to copy and paste from other website. not necessarily in a joking way. that was the whole point. please in the future dont read between lines, understand it :)

Irishbob is right

Asayre8 said:
Or copy and pasting single letters from other web sites

read it carefully, it says copy and paste single letters from other websites, not the whole page. bob didnt read between the lines, he read the line. and yes it was a joke. If you were trying to be funny by posting the UO about stuff then you should indicate so as none of us can find the humor in it, other than it makes you look silly.

imaquin

Wanderer

:D im always right yeah whos the man .... w00t w00t

(and for the roleplayers) "hark, i art the winner. please surfs do not bowth at my feet, i knowth I art the master"

Ok look...Im not very good at UO just yet...but im learning. Some may call me a noob, but im a very experianced person at online gaming, and i know the UOGamersDemise is a good place to start to learn how to play UO. Demise has many people playing (500+players) and some are very helpful. How do you say that helps? It helps you know how the community will react to what you have or how you talk or what you need. Demise is set up so when you walk outside you house you dont get gang-raped by some pvps. It is all based in Trammel (but before you get mad and quit reading) there is also PvP in Felluca too, so you get the best of both worlds. I think Demise is a good sever to start out on and a good sever to stay on. It has a moderate stat and skill gain (just like OSI), and speaking of OSI..if you cant pay for you OSI, Demise is just like OSI, so join now! Demise will only grow from now on, and you should join the fun with the many people who already play, but hey I am only talking from a so called Noobs stand point. If your a vet play this is a good place to settle down if your sever is getting choppy, or full of idiots or lagging up. Demise is ran on a very good system and never lags for me (and i run D-up, and everyone knows how gay that is) Demise is set up almost the same as OSI, so if you looking for a good time then join Demise, probly the best sever out there in my opion. Why wait join Demise Today!!!
Check us out on the Web, www.uodemise.com

(hmmm Vin's is great...but is people seriously gonna read though ALL that?...)

heres some just for jokes...(put those torches away!!!...)

/comedian self on

"Demise: Almost like OSI, Minus the leet-pwnzor kiddies...."

"Demise: Family Friendly. infact, we got several Grandpas playing here. heck, bring the whole family."

-Verison two.... dont kill me..
V2. "Demise: Family Friendly. Infact, is safe to bring your mother here! heck, bring the whole family. "

"Demise: where potty mouths are rare due to our extensive soap program..."

"Demise: Where the GMs wont kill you.(outside of server wars...)"

"Demise: Where pks are nice people. (mostly)"

"Demise: 550 avg on and going up!"

"Demise: Thanks to the server, most of us dont know the meaning of Lag."

"Demise: dont want pvp? a ticket to a fully spawned trammel/malas/tokuno is only a moongate away!"

(well some parts are still missing..but "meh")

"Demise: Like Pain? take a vacation to fel!~...remember to pack bandages!"

"Demise: Want to Learn another language while playing UO?... Play Demise!!!"

/comedian self off

(but yeah, Vin's is still the best though...maybe condense it Vin?)

(hmmm maybe we need a "babes" of demise calender series.......argh I been around Marketing/Bussiness Students too much...)

But yeah.. thinking back to 500 ish+ days ago...the reason I joined are these words

OSI Clone
by Runuo Team
Test Platform

ASayre said:
Okay, this is a contest. But with a twist! You see, for your services, we will provide you with a bonus! Like... Red War. Except War is inside Red. Maybe I should call it a... reward? Ree-ward. I like that word.

Anyways, the ree-ward will be a random ToT (both lesser & greater). Random as in, in-game dice. With weight given to mid-range tots. If I use what you provide, as well as someone else's, or, your entry is just perfect and exceptional, the weight will be shifted either way.

Now, how to get this reward you say? That's easy. So easy that it's difficult!

You see, you need to write. Err, Type. Tappity Tappity Type Type. With the keyboard preferably, but we accept those using Character Map Or copy and pasting single letters from other web sites - Ransom Letter Style, but that's time consuming. We reccomend using a solid, normally plastic, board with many buttons on it, buttons commonly called keys.

With this keyboard, you need to write a bunch of words. These words are for an 'About' page for our website of the bestest shard in the world. You need to provide, in plain text with your board of keys, a good about page for Demise. Something that'd inform people viewing our website what demise is and stuff about it, and make them go 'Wow! This sounds cool, I'm gonna try it!'

If I use your entry, or part of yours, you will get a ree-ward! See above regarding how the reward will be weighted.

This contest ends ...kinda of... whenever I think it needs to end. But don't take terribly long to post it. Maybe a week at most as a rough estimate. Remember that this is something that's supposed to give information about Demise, ie, on our website, that will be enticing to potential new players. It should be more than a blurb - enough to get it's own page.

i could not understood all the post, is there any portuguese translator to help in this please ;)
until i understood..
lesser and greater tots will be veteran rewards? o_O
nice :)

If you think every PK is a cry baby, thats because youve never played on Demise.
Demise: the only choice for the elite.

What is UO: Demise?
Demise is an Unofficial server ("Shard") for the MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Plaing Game) Ultima Online.
Ultima Online is, and has been for close to a decade now, the best, most sophisticated, fastest growing and evolving online role playing game. And now, thanks to Demise, you can take part in this amazing world - for free.

Who's Behind UO: Demise?
Demise is owned and operated by UOGamers, the gaming face of the RunUO - the world's most popular free server emulator (essentially meaning other servers run on their software!). Because of that, Demise has the benefits of running on the second most powerful server in the world, having the most up to date content and the largest player base for a server of that Era - The new Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy - and in fact for any server running the Age of Shadows Era or newer!

Why UO: Demise
  • The Content - Demise is the only server providing you with up to date game experience, closely following in Ultima Online's official servers' (OSI) foot steps. All the new worlds, characters, monsters and items appear here first, allowing you to enjoy the newest Ultima Online content and a game experience close to, if not better than, the official Ultima Online servers.
  • The Server Support - As we've already mentioned, Demise is being supported by the largest most advanced server emulating group. That means that in Demise, unlike in other server, your character is here to stay! Whether you're into socializing and crafting ("roleplaying"), monster hunting ("Player Vs. Monster" or "PvM") or looking to fight some willing player opponents ("Player Vs. Player" or "PvP") your hours spent will not be for nothing, as your character data is saved and backed up, and you will make the most out of your game time with our strong, reliable server.
  • The People - Face it, the best thing about Online Roleplaying is that you get to do it with a lot of different people from around the world, and here on Demise we know that too. That's why we take pride in our larger player base, from all around the world! Infact, we also offer increasing support for different languages, with forums and in game assistance in many languages already provided. Let us help you get started - in your own language and with your own friends.
  • The Staff - With UOGamers' support, Demise is being operated by a very dedicated staff. In game assistance, support forum moderation or server updates - the staff is there for you, doing what they do not for money but for pure love of the game. So come, lend a hand, and contribute as well to making this great server amazing!
  • The Events - The Demise staff not only makes sure that the normal game experience is as good and as authentic as possible, but they also set up special events for the players to take part in. Tournaments, Capture the Flag ("CTF"), Lotteries and many more give you a chance to win great prizes - or just prove once and for all who's the top dog in the yard!
  • The Price - And what it all boils down to is this - Demise is FREE. That's right. All the content, all the people, all the bone crunching teeth clenching action, all of this great big world comes to you courtesy of Demise for free. It's not a trial period, not a beta version, this server has been up and running for quite some time and has always brought you the best game content for a price anyone can afford. Not even OSI can say that ;)
So join us today - you're only a few clicks away from the Demise community. What are you waiting for?

Demise - Keeping our fingers on the pulse of Ultima Online

Tinfoil

Wanderer

UO: Demise!!! Need I say more? It is the greatest free shard out there. I played UO (OSI) for 7 years. I was so tired of paying my hard earned money to play that I sold everything I had and called it quits. I was done then a friend told me about the free shards. I was blown away. I hit UO Gateway and found to my surprise hundreds of free servers. I started trying them all. Servers that had all GM characters to modified land mass with role playing. I missed the game that stole all my time like an evil rouge in Felucca. I wanted check that needed to find a server that I could get the OSI feeling without the OSI drain on my check book. I found it. UO:Demise!!!!!
UO: Demise is the game that I always wanted a try clone with all the fluff and necessities that made OSI famous in the first place. Demise has a dedicated staff that is willing to help anyone that needs it. They are trying diligently to get the ML content up and running. Just to let elves like me craft those amazing new arties.
If you are looking for a new home that stays try to the game you must try UO:Demise. Try it and you will be hooked. UO: Demise is the last free shard you will ever need to try.

dead-eye

Knight

yea irish bob is right. and sic u wont win with that anyways so stop trying to defend ur plagerism :)

sandblaster

Wanderer

since all of you have said most of the nice things on demise imay be abble to add one phrase, " demise rocks, amen"

pbguy434

Knight

Demise: The only shard where the Guardsmen of Yew were over run a squad of two pirates!

Status
Not open for further replies.