UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Contest! With Prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

A Contest! With Prizes!

Okay, this is a contest. But with a twist! You see, for your services, we will provide you with a bonus! Like... Red War. Except War is inside Red. Maybe I should call it a... reward? Ree-ward. I like that word.

Anyways, the ree-ward will be a random ToT (both lesser & greater). Random as in, in-game dice. With weight given to mid-range tots. If I use what you provide, as well as someone else's, or, your entry is just perfect and exceptional, the weight will be shifted either way.

Now, how to get this reward you say? That's easy. So easy that it's difficult!

You see, you need to write. Err, Type. Tappity Tappity Type Type. With the keyboard preferably, but we accept those using Character Map Or copy and pasting single letters from other web sites - Ransom Letter Style, but that's time consuming. We reccomend using a solid, normally plastic, board with many buttons on it, buttons commonly called keys.

With this keyboard, you need to write a bunch of words. These words are for an 'About' page for our website of the bestest shard in the world. You need to provide, in plain text with your board of keys, a good about page for Demise. Something that'd inform people viewing our website what demise is and stuff about it, and make them go 'Wow! This sounds cool, I'm gonna try it!'

If I use your entry, or part of yours, you will get a ree-ward! See above regarding how the reward will be weighted.

This contest ends ...kinda of... whenever I think it needs to end. But don't take terribly long to post it. Maybe a week at most as a rough estimate. Remember that this is something that's supposed to give information about Demise, ie, on our website, that will be enticing to potential new players. It should be more than a blurb - enough to get it's own page.

Dinnin

Wanderer
Re: A Contest! With Prizes!

Having your In Game GM's running around requesting to open this thread up in our browsers is a bit intrusive and not to mention rude. I see a gm asking to have me open a web page I assume it is about some game critical issue that we should be aware of in order to prevent loss of data/charactors/items/or privalige to log in, not some contest that I personally can find out about on my own.

Also, why bother giving ToT's as a one time reward? From what I understand you have to have several to turn in to complete them and they no longer drop as loot. Sounds more like a bad strip tease.

And perhaps your post above could be more clear? I am sorry but it looks like a 3 year old typed it, or perhaps some one with alot of beer in his system. Either way it is difficult to follow to say the least.

Lord_Zero

Sorceror

hmm here it goes, purely improvised atm :)

" An amazing free shard, UOG:Demise offers the players all they need. Should you want to be crafter, an full OSI-clone crafting system awaits you. Warriors will find paradise here as all faccets are completely spawned. Mages and all other classes, even the nasty rogue too have their place in the world, be it the player vs. players battles or taking on the Champions of Evil.
UOG:Demise is a densely populated shard with a player-run economy, yet many landspots await their first owners. Why not one of them be yours ?"

A

ASayre

Dinnin said:
Having your In Game GM's running around requesting to open this thread up in our browsers is a bit intrusive and not to mention rude. I see a gm asking to have me open a web page I assume it is about some game critical issue that we should be aware of in order to prevent loss of data/charactors/items/or privalige to log in, not some contest that I personally can find out about on my own.

Also, why bother giving ToT's as a one time reward? From what I understand you have to have several to turn in to complete them and they no longer drop as loot. Sounds more like a bad strip tease.

And perhaps your post above could be more clear? I am sorry but it looks like a 3 year old typed it, or perhaps some one with alot of beer in his system. Either way it is difficult to follow to say the least.

Oh, you mean an [online ob by myself is having the staff run around targeting people? You do have the option to click 'Cancel'.

They're NOT a one time reward. There were months previous where you could get a virtually unlimited amount given enough time. And, if you'd read the post, you'd see that I offer BOTH lesser & greater as part of the reward. And even then, the lessers still have quite a bit of value.

The original post is INTENDED to be silly and light-hearted. This isn't some legal page where I need 20 pages worth of 'this contest only open to those not affiliated with Demise INC, over 18 and living in the continental US void where prohibited, bla bla bla.'

You don't have to participate in the contest, nor did you have to click 'Okay' on the gump.

malakhi

Wanderer

Dinnin said:

fyi. asayre8 runs this shard. dont be rude. and the webpage request box is nothing new. what an ass.

I will attempt to get a sentence in while its still a new thread.

If your looking for a highly competitive pvp shard that is better than your tradional OSI shard, give UODemise a try. This ML OSI clone shard is run by the RunUO development network which speaks for itself with the many contributions to the UO community.

Sintoo

Sorceror

ASayre said:
the bestest shard in the world.
Aww that's so cute :eek:

The reason why though is a given fact *drumroll* Because of the playerbase. main reason why I stayed on demise when starting to play UO again after finding out that you could actually play it for free (yay) Was because I could ask people about stuff without getting a f*** off fa****, drop dead NOOB as a reply (first shard i tried was hybrid :rolleyes: ).

Moving on the technicalities. The simple fact that there is both a trammel and felucca give people a wider range of thing's to do. You can go to fel and do your PVP thing or stay in trammel and do the see monster kill monster adventure. Also I personally think the PVP system here is one of the most balanced one's I've seen in the shards I've tried (unfortunatley item's decide the pvp here).
So ofcourse that it's supposed to be an OSI clone make's it the next best thing compared to the real deal(with the good and the bad that comes with that).

Just my thought's.
The people make this shard.

Oh and I vote for Dinnin as winner :p
"Sounds more like a bad strip tease." Made me laugh.

SiCeruS

Sorceror

Here goes mine,

UO Demise is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Demise allows you to choose what sort of profession you want to be in, and also enables you to customize every single one of your skills! You can train your skills of prefence such as archery which you can use your excellent marksmanship skills to aim the bow and arrow at your foe. Long-range attacks mean that you are less likely to get hit! If you are training archery you are more likely be a Bard, Bard Guildmaster, Bowyer, Mercenary, Ranger, Ranger Guildmaster. Or if you want to interact with players, such as PvP, you can create one of the most powerful Mage in existance. Interact with an incredible player base and make new friends, meet new challenges, and explore a variety of lands and dungeons. Wield powerful magic and slay your foes with a sword in hand, or even pilfer the possessions of unsuspecting passers-by and earn your living as an infamous thief! You could also raise your shield in defence of the land by becoming a paladin, perhaps whisper words of destruction as you journey down the path of necromancy, or you can become an infamous assassin called a ninja. You can also buy a plot of land and design your own house from top to bottom – then fill it with a collection of rare items and decorations.There are limitless possibilities with only your imagination to bridle them – so take hold of the reins and choose your own destiny! If you want to have fun, join in the UO Demise Family and experience this wonderful community where you will have the best time gauranteed!

imaquin

Wanderer

UO Demise from the famous UO:Gamers network is the best UO:ML shard online! with a huge player base averaging between 450-500 people at a time you'll never be short of a friend or 50.

Features SE and ML features as well as most of the other features that OSI has to offer. Balanced mix of PVP and PVM across the differernt facets, so every can feel welcome to play the way they want wheather that be a player killer or a crafter everyone is welcome. With friendly staff and mature players you will never be short of good advice or help.

Good luck and welcome to possibly the best shard online

Soad

Wanderer

Well.. worth a try right?

-----------------
UOGamers: Demise, the only real OSI clone out there, we have a working stable shard.

We are the largest AOS/SE/ML shard out there, and we will gaurantee you will have a great time. Make friends, bring friends and have fun, that's what UOGamer's: Demise is all about, having a great time!
We have the best non tweaked pvp out there and it's taken too the extreme.
Do you feel lonely? We don't, our player base is 450+ and we have players from all around the world.
So, how about clicking on the UOGamer's: Demise buttom on UO Gateway and join the fun!
------------------

Good or no?

Come one come all to Demise , a free Ultima Online shard where you can choose to be anything from little Bo Peep herding her sheep to Merlin the Mage who is to be the lands greatest sage . We have hundreds of players using their slayers for the good or the bad of all who reside in the world known only as Demise , come join the 1000's of players who currently play here may they be alchemist,bard,bowyer,cook,carpenter,farmer,fisherman,miner,mage,necromancer,poisoner or warrior and many other things as well.
I have played this game from the begining and this is the best shard I have ever played .
Many events are provided from the staff with almost no downtime , come join us in the what I think is the best online experience out there.

I am know by many names here so come make a name for yourself of your own choosing here at DEMISE(best free uo there is)

DRBROKENSPLEEN

xaxas

Wanderer

Tired of your old shard with its 30 players online? You want your shard to be uo-to-date, with all the latest expansions? You want responsible and helpfull staff that will take care not only of the server, but you too, so that you can have fun? And you want it free!

Then UOG Demise is the place for you - 350-500 players on the average, features AoS/SE/ML and is hardly left with no staff member online. Running on a state of the art Dual Hyperthreaded 3.2 Ghz Xeons, with 8 GB of Ram, Raid 5 of 15k rpm Hard drives, and a gigabit connection to the internet. Literally the BEST of all the free shards out there.
Warriors, mages, crafters, tamers, virtually everyone have their place in Sosaria. There is a place for you too! Do not hesitate, join us now, and you'll stay for life.

doa

Sorceror

Here's my go short and sweet gets to the point just like an advertisement should

OSI the real thing Demise the free

You all know about OSI you all know about its good points and the only downfall that its not free, well dry your eyes ladies heres the best shard ever and its just good old OSI with one little twist its FREE.

UO Gamers Demise, OSI But free

Vin-demise

Wanderer

Tired of the shard where it seems like no one is talking to you or willing to help? Tired of the shard where you are insulted with racist and sexual comments non-stop, and you can’t do anything about it? Tired of the shard with only PVP features, where your miner or lumberjack gets killed every time they go out for resources? Tired of the shard with an all-powerful GM that plays around with your character like a puppet? Tired of being left behind by the awesome updates of OSI? Well, being tired is a thing of the past!

Demise is a shard that could answer all your needs! In Demise, anything is possible! Want to become a crafter but scared to play because of those player killers waiting to kill you outside your house? Demise offers facets which are safe from those player killers. Demise has lands such as Malas, Tokuno, Ilshenar, and Trammel for all your safe crafting journeys. Are you a blacksmith who is tired of crafting medieval looking items, or a tailor tired of crafting those dull ranger leather armor? Well, Demise offers a wide range of new craftable items such as samurai armor, and cool ninja gear. Demise is a crafter’s haven.

Want to become a player killer? Want to try your skill against other players? Demise not only has nice perks for crafters but it also has perks for player killers or those who want player versus player combat. With numerous PVP guilds, your blood lust would be quenched once you step in Feluccia. Want to war old school, then join a faction! The faction system in Demise works perfectly. You could be part of the True Brittanians, part of The Shadow Lords, part of Minax, or part of The Council of Mages. Demise also holds a daily server war where you could duel it out with everyone without the fear of losing insurance money or your items. Champ raid anyone?

Want to play a warrior or a mage but don’t want to go against other players? Demise also caters to players who want to adventure the lands of Sosaria and fight the evil creatures of the lands. With fully spawned facets, Demise is a dream for those who want to PVM (player versus monster). You could go duel with dragons in dungeon Destard, fish up and slay Leviathans in the waters of Sosaria, battle an ancient dragon called the hiryu in the lands of Tokuno, fight Paragon creatures in the mysterious lands of Ilshenar and try to score a minor artifact, go against the vicious Gauntlet bosses and have a chance to get yourself a doom artifact, or even slay some birds for feathers. Sky is the limit! Go anywhere you want, and slay anything you like.

Are you a pet lover? Demise has a wide range of tamables, which you can get for yourself. Command them around to kill other monsters, or use them for your other needs (e.g. holding items, smelting ore, mount). Your pets are at your command 24/7.

Worried about corrupt staff, or being someone from another country? Do not worry! Demise is run by staff members that are friendly yet firm, meaning that they can be friendly but if you disobey the rules, you could be punished. Are you from a different country like Brazil, Finland, Netherlands, Philippines, China, Germany, and Africa? Do not worry! Demise is a shard composed of different races living together in harmony. Racism is not welcome and you are assured that this will be taken care of by the staff. Do you speak a different language? Having troubles with English? Staff can’t help you because they don’t understand you? Well, Demise has translators for different languages that could help your every need. No more worries!

In Demise, you are never alone! With players averaging around 400 players online, you will never become lonely. What? 400 players? That would make me lag badly. Not! Demise has state of the art equipment to handle a lot of players and a lot of items. What more can you ask for?

These are just some of the examples of how great and fun Demise is. The degree of fun you will be having is up to you. Be creative and have the freedom to become whatever you want to be. You can be a bard singing songs and poems in the streets of Sosaria, You can become a tamer with strong pets at your disposal, You can become a paladin and battle evil with your powers of light, You could become a necromancer and summon powers from hell to become more powerful, You could become a warrior and battle foes with a wide range of weapons, You could become a samurai and live up to the code, You could become a ninja and use your skills to move around unnoticed, You could even become an elf! Be anything you want to be, or better yet, be yourself! Did I mention that all this is FREE? Yes it’s true! You could have all these features for FREE!

They say that Demise is the closest thing to OSI. Well if you ask me, Demise is the closest thing to home. Become part of the best free shard. Join now and have the best uo experience ever.

Do you enjoy playing Ultima Online? Of course you do, otherwise you'd be looking at some other webpage. But, since you're here, why not stay for a while and see all that UO Demise has to offer.
Now, if you're looking for a "Classic" shard where you can play and feel "old school", this isn't it. Think of this shard as a Porsche compared to other shards' "Model T". Yeah, it's that good. Why, you ask. Well, for all the new gadgets and doo-dads, this is the place. UO Demise is the most stable, fully updated (Think "SE and ML") shard on the interweb. I know some other places may claim to be up-to-date, but Demise has fully tested each and every feature that will come your way, meaning you can spend less time squashing bugs and more time doing what you came to do: play the game.
And who does all this testing? Some of the same people who are dedicated to bringing you the most enjoyable UO experience out there, Demise's friendly and dedicated staff. There are very few shards (if any) this large that carry such a group of visible and interactive staff who want nothing more than to run this shard in the best manner possible. And they succeed way more often than not.
Who gets to reap the benefits of this? Why, you, dear player. There are already over 400 players enjoying this amazing shard, why not add yourself to the number? And don't worry about lag, we've got that covered. Believe me. Here, you can find a way to entertain any play-style. From a fully functional BOD system to a better than OSI PvP ruleset, we've got it all. Champs, Gauntlet, Paragons, and last but not least, events, both staff- and player-run. That says something about the players of a shard that they are hosting events for other players.
So, what are you waiting for, come on in, and find your UO home right here at UO Demise.

Noxtragg

Wanderer

A mighty warrior ducks for cover as flames flow rapidly around the boulder he is hiding. A group of archers let loose a barrage of arrows into a Dark Fathers back. An old man walks alongside a mountain tapping the rocks with his pickaxe in an attempt to find a good vein. Yelling and the sound of nonstop hooves as merchants attempt to sell their wares, while others stand around the courtyard in their best equipment in an attempt to impress the others. A group of murderers headed deep into the ground of the dungeon Despise in an attempt of receiving the riches that lie within.

Welcome to UOGamers: Demise, a shard ran on the RunUO server software and based on the more recent additions in the Ultima Online world. A place where any character you can think up to make has its place and where at any place in demise you have the chance of making a friend for life. Demise is run by a reliable and courtious staff who do anything in their power to make sure your experiance is as enjoyable as possible. A player-base consisting of many overly nice and caring individuals, you are sure to find a friend through the confines of the shard, and with the average players online being in the hundreds, you are sure to never feel like you are on a shard that is cold and empty.

From the mighty champion spawns and the dreadful Doom Gauntlet to the hordes of murderers who travel in the facet of Felucca, you are sure to find a playstyle that fits your needs, be it PvP, PvM, or both. So give demise a try, you are sure to not be disappointed.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

Created by a lot of people who really loves to play Ultima Online, and full of every play-style, this shard is for a Nerd's life.

Demise pwns asses

DEMISE ROCKS

--------------------------
My text is the best ever :D

LOL I will try something better later

comwiz72

Wanderer

-----------
Welcome, you are blessed to have found this site, blessed indeed!

You have managed to find one of the BEST Ultima Online communities, at the BEST price: FREE!

Demise is a modern, accurate, up-to-date clone of the official Ultima Online world, with dedicated staff members, enthusiastic crafters, deadly player-killers, righteous paladins, and many more!

Want to be a professional fisherman? A beggar? Want to slay some other players mercilessly? Well, NOW YOU CAN!
With us rapidly catching up on the official shards, you can access the most up-to-date weaponry, armour, and in-game items, such as samurai and ninja weaponry, elven items and abilities, necromancy spells, and much more, that you won't find on any other free shards.

Did I mention that we're free?

Own your own house, build it where you like, decorate it how you want. Open your own shop, or create a guild with your friends. Wage war on another guild or faction, kill dragons, collect treasures, become wealthy and powerful beyond your wildest dreams!

Lastly, we are free!

So, what are you waiting for? Join now!
<INSERT SIGNUP LINK HERE>

----------

Windows Dark

Wanderer

You wake up, 2:00 am...

Look around, no one. You feel your back burning with the fire of the hell, and all you have time to do is run.

You feel the power of the spirits around you, and decide to back and face that dragon which attacked you. Dead. You just killed it.

Continue walking around, see a bright red gate. Enter it. When your corpse moves throught the gate, You feel again the fire burning on you. Looking around, you see that you are also poisoned by the blade of a great warrior. You are dead.
Welcome to UOGamers, Welcome to DEMISE.

Dinnin

Wanderer

ASayre said:
Oh, you mean an [online ob by myself is having the staff run around targeting people? You do have the option to click 'Cancel'.

They're NOT a one time reward. There were months previous where you could get a virtually unlimited amount given enough time. And, if you'd read the post, you'd see that I offer BOTH lesser & greater as part of the reward. And even then, the lessers still have quite a bit of value.

The original post is INTENDED to be silly and light-hearted. This isn't some legal page where I need 20 pages worth of 'this contest only open to those not affiliated with Demise INC, over 18 and living in the continental US void where prohibited, bla bla bla.'

You don't have to participate in the contest, nor did you have to click 'Okay' on the gump.

The option to click cancel is moot when the request comes up over and over again till I clicked okay.

And for those that just started in the last few weeks the reward IS one time since they no longer drop as loot.

And for those that called me an ass or got mad due to my comments, hey thats cool. I think for myself. I don't "tow the line" like a good company man. I also speak my mind.

Aside from the incident last night that I went over already is the shard good? Hell yea. I've made some good friends already and am having the time of my life. But when I'm trying to do other things and something like last night occurs it becomes very annoying to say the least.

My post was not an attack on the shard. It was an attack on an action in game by a GM that I felt was incorrect. As for the contest, I was simply stating my opinion that the reward was not particularly worth while. If they still dropped then yes it would be. Why did you guys take them out anyways? From what I understand the oriental lands were well hunted when they were there, and now are nearly vacent now that they arn't. Seems like a waste of landspace to me.

Over all this shard is great to get started on so far as free shards go. Things are so close to OSI there is very little learning curve. The people can be friendly if you find the right ones. And the speed of gains means that you can start most any charactor out and beable to get trained in a reasonable amount of time. You still have to work to get good gear and to be viable in the high end spawns since your not simply given everything. Over all A+ for Effort, B+ for Execution (due to a few broken or missing features still, tho I'm sure you'll get around to it i.e. Evasion and Spellweaving), and an A for enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.