UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

9/11

Rasah

Sorceror
Re: 9/11

What's sad is even if the government were to come out tomorrow and say "We did 9/11.. Haha, you fucking idiots. Oil and Greed ftw!" the people of this country wouldn't come together and do a damn thing about it.. We are crippled by the current system in place and I hate it everyday. And all the places that have the same percs as America also have the same ass-backwards systems. I'm here because it's the best of a lot of shitty options not cause I like it.

I just hope everyday that sometime before the earth is gone humans will learn to coexist peacefully with each other and nature.. I don't expect it to ever happen since we are a failure as a species but I hope it does.

Ezekiel84;2125711 said:
i bet if your mother had died in one of those towers you wouldnt have this way of talking.

for your thoughts on this post i suggest you just get the hell out of the country. your not a true american. i bet if we were invaded on foot you would curl in a ball in your room. i know you like to be a badass on the forums and have something shitty to say on everyones threads but damn SHOW SOME GOD DAMN RESPECT YOU PEICE OF SHIT. people like you dont have a place in america.

9/11 is a lot less tragic then many other world events. Why do you give it more attention then anything else? I don't have the time/energy to pray(or whatever) for the people of all world tragedies so I'm not gonna pick my favorite and send a shout out to those who were lost and their families... and if my mother died in the towers I'd be talking this way...

Also, no way in hell I'd die for this country. AND, you have to deal with it because that's part of what America stands for (the freedom to believe and say whatever you want). Since you seem to cherish America so much you should show some respect by respecting people with different opinions then your own.

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

Rasah;2125714 said:
What's sad is even if the government were to come out tomorrow and say "We did 9/11.. Haha, you fucking idiots. Oil and Greed ftw!" the people of this country wouldn't come together and do a damn thing about it.. We are crippled by the current system in place and I hate it everyday. And all the places that have the same percs as America also have the same pathetic government.

I don't know man. I think they would probably need martial law to keep everyone in order after that. I would be the first one in line throwing rocks at tanks. I couldn't imagine it would be anything less than anarchy. Even then, how could they use martial law, when the people most effected by the news would be military.

At the very least, it wouldn't ever be the same country again. Think about all the people who have lost their lives in the war already. Could you imagine how angry you would be, if your son got killed for someone elses greed?

In my opinion, it would undoubtingly be the end of America. Theres way too many countries who have stake in our success to ever let anything like that happen.

Rasah

Sorceror

I just have a lot more faith in the amount of control the system has over us than our power to unite and start a much needed revolution. Other countries probably would come to our aid, the world economy needs us, America can't fall apart without devastating worldly consequences.

I probably should have worded it better.. Of course I would expect public backlash and I would be right there supporting it but I don't think we have the willpower/desire to endure the long battle and have a successful revolution. At the end of the day most people are content with their lives and don't want things turned upside down just because our country did something evil yet again...

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

Rasah;2125740 said:
I just have a lot more faith in the amount of control the system has over us than our power to unite and start a much needed revolution. Other countries probably would come to our aid the world economy needs us America can't fall apart without devastating world consequences.

I probably should have worded it better.. Of course I would expect public backlash and I would be right there supporting it but I don't think we have the willpower/desire to endure the long battle and have a successful revolution. At the end of the day most people are content with their lives and don't want things turned upside down just because our country did something evil yet again...

Yeah, but in a larger spectrum. This would go down worse than Saddam gasing his own people. Its all speculation. I can't imagine everyone going back to their 9-5 after hearing that kind of news. Thats just me though.

Rasah

Sorceror

Don't you think ultimately the current power will get shuffled out of office/repremanded and then "they"(UN/whoever took charge in damage control) will filter in new capitalist/democracy friendly representatives with little to no real difference much like the candidate elects we have today?

I'm not gonna bicker with you I respect your opinion if you disagree.. just wanted to be a little more descriptive of how I see things playing out.

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

Rasah;2125757 said:
Don't you think ultimately the current power will get shuffled out of office/repremanded and then "they"(UN/whoever took charge in damage control) will filter in new capitalist/democracy friendly representatives with little to no real difference much like the candidate elects we have today?

I'm not gonna bicker with you I respect your opinion if you disagree.. just wanted to be a little more descriptive of how I see things playing out.

More than likely, after giving it thought. I'm sure they could convince 90% of the US that all is well. I'm not sure though, its really hard to say.

Sirkah

Sorceror

i personally like the idea of small, centralized govts.

more power the the states, less to the federal.

Rasah

Sorceror

I've actually never given it much thought. I only have the complaints not the solutions. :(

I think ideally I would like anarchy (if humans were fit to govern themselves..ffs UO proves they aren't haha) but since it's not realistic I don't know what I find the best.. I think communism would be great if we could actually rely on the government to do what's best for the people/environment (but that's out). Perhaps democracy without the capitalist pull and smaller centralized governments (as Sirkah stated).

wkstrm

Lord

Rasah;2125802 said:
I've actually never given it much thought. I only have the complaints not the solutions. :(

I think ideally I would like anarchy (if humans were fit to govern themselves..ffs UO proves they aren't haha) but since it's not realistic I don't know what I find the best.. I think communism would be great if we could actually rely on the government to do what's best for the people/environment (but that's out). Perhaps democracy without the capitalist pull and smaller centralized governments (as Sirkah stated).

Communism would never work as long as people have an ego or ambition higher than food for the day and shelter.

Mara

Knight

Pete Liv;2125685 said:
yea black ops weapons is only thing that keeps our cuntry safe for the moment no one knows what we might use next

You seem to do this after a lot of my posts man. Not so friendly.

Anyway, you can't claim to be about freedom, and then ostracize and devile anyone who demonstrates it that is not in line with your views. Part of what the movie, Easy Rider is all about. Everybody should be able to exercise the same rights and freedoms, not just the ones that are in the popular majority. Majority rule, without consideration for the protection of individual rights, is often a recipe for exploitation and censorship.

It's like saying, 'I am about freedom, my freedoms that is, at the expense of everyone else's'. Wrong as it gets.

Mara

Knight

Ezekiel84;2125711 said:
i personally lost 2 family members (no reason to say their names for the sake of you. may they rest in peace). the day isnt to remember specific people. its about remembering all of the innocent men and women who lost their lives while living a normal life. over 3000 moms/dads/grandparents/sons and daughters lost there lives. thats what you remember. i bet if your mother had died in one of those towers you wouldnt have this way of talking.

for your thoughts on this post i suggest you just get the hell out of the country. your not a true american. i bet if we were invaded on foot you would curl in a ball in your room. i know you like to be a badass on the forums and have something shitty to say on everyones threads but damn SHOW SOME GOD DAMN RESPECT YOU PEICE OF SHIT. people like you dont have a place in america.

You may have not understood the nature of what the guy posted. He's saying none of us care enough about what happened, and you turned around and called the guy un-American and wanted him to leave the country. It's not right man. This kind of reaction happens all the time, and is actually very un-American.

The founding fathers didn't unanimously agree about stuff. They argued about things like all hell, and they knew that was a big part of an effective society. They spoke their minds no matter how unpopular some of thier opinions were, because that is the only way to find the right answer to things.

If I had my way, the old men that vote to go to war would have to be on the front lines with their sons and daughters, paying a direct price for the decisions that they make. I would force every one of us to get a brand over our chest with the name of each person that dies out there in these conflicts until the pain is unbearable and the scar is an unrecognizable mess. These seem like radical ideas, but they are actually very practical. They force us to remember. You have to stop defending the actions of the old men that care nothing about you and your families, and see the bigger picture.

TOM12345

Wanderer

Sirkah;2124258 said:
back to my main point. without googling, name 3 people who were killed.

dude ur a joke. like stfu uo is one thing, 9/11 is another and if u got somthing to say u fucking u should say that shit to my face. ill be going to the middle east at the end of the summer of 2011

Mara

Knight

You just don't understand what he's getting at. He's not saying he doesn't care, he's saying as a nation we don't care enough, and it's a fact. Some of you have so much anger and hate, and it's so misdirected at this moment. I hope someday you will see what is really going on.

a lawyer

Sorceror

A close friend of mine was in the first tower and got out safely, minutes before it collapsed. The majority of her co-workers did not. I care.

But the guy is right, many don't. They care more about bullshit reality TV shows.

bk0811

Knight

TOM12345;2125990 said:
dude ur a joke. like stfu uo is one thing, 9/11 is another and if u got somthing to say u fucking u should say that shit to my face. ill be going to the middle east at the end of the summer of 2011

you have to make it through bootcamp first bro.
and on top of that, theres no telling where you're going.
hell you could spend an entire deployment on a ship

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

@TOM

bk0811;2126030 said:
you have to make it through bootcamp first bro.
and on top of that, theres no telling where you're going.
hell you could spend an entire deployment on a ship

This.

I do understand how you feel since you've made the choice to sign up and do something about it. I made the same choice, and 9/11 played a big role in that.

But don't talk about what might happen a year from now as credentials.

On a side note, when you do get your dog tags, tuck them the fuck in. They're not bling.

Rasah

Sorceror

TOM12345;2125990 said:

YOU signed up for it; why are you throwing it in our faces? I don't support you and it sucks you have to be over there risking your life for all the people like me but don't blame us (or anyone for that matter) for the decisions you made.

anon1

Wanderer

Rasah;2126242 said:
YOU signed up for it; why are you throwing it in our faces? I don't support you and it sucks you have to be over there risking your life for all the people like me but don't blame us (or anyone for that matter) for the decisions you made.

Yes, he signed up for it. He is fighting a war that has actually taken away more freedoms from American Citizens than any other war in American History, well, outside the drug war.

Code Blue

Knight

TOM12345;2125990 said:

You are a fucking idiot tom.