UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

2008 Ultimate Raffle

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
2008 Ultimate Raffle

We are proud to present the ultimate Hybrid raffle!

As many of you are aware we recently moved into our new colocation facility. This facility has a substantially smaller cost basis from our former hosting situation however I had to purchase 10 servers, a router and all the misc items that go along with it. The total cost of this build out was astronomical. We are hoping to recoup some of that cost through this raffle, thus we've made it a knockout!

This raffle will have 1 grand prize winner as well as 10 runner up prizes!

The grand prize winner will receive the castle you've all been talking about! This castle is located due west of Lord British's castle. It can be found by following the blaze colored signs located at the West Britain Bank.

The Castle itself has a few surprises. First and foremost it has access to it's roof via a custom set of stairs in the center! It has two flags on each tower which are completely unique to the world. We've put in a nice table for players to sit around and chat and share a cup of ale! We also have put in a custom duel pit with it's own ladder (meaning it does not count toward the global duel ladder but only to your own ladder) for you and your friends to use. The castle (over time) will be filled with many goodies. Some unique... some not. This will make the value of the plot skyrocket and make the winner ultimately the richest player on the shard.

The castle is located atop of the mountains and has a set of stairs built into the hillside to access it. The entrance looks like this:

These stairs will take you right up to the top of the mountain where a plot has been laid out with a stone wall surrounding it. The castle has a custom staircase to access the roof as you can see here:

To top it all off we've given you a dueling arena with your own dueling ladder!!!! This is an extremely unique prize for you and your guild mates to share. As you can see here the dueling arena is quite nice:

The custom table for you and your guild to share can be seen here:

The 10 runner up prizes will be one million gold, a clothing bless deed, a skill ball, a stat ball, and a blue ball of forgiveness: all in a specially hued and renamed bag.

The Details
  • Tickets may be purchased from the store for $1 each. https://www.uogstore.com/hybrid/
  • Tickets may be purchased for gold while in game for 200,000gp. To purchase one say 'I wish to purchase a raffle ticket'.
  • Tickets may not be traded between players or placed on vendors for sale.
  • The winning tickets will be randomly selected at the end of June.
  • All tickets will be removed at the end of the raffle.

We hope that you will find the ability to donate to the shard to help us with the costs but we hope even more that you'll find joy in the chance to win this once in a life time raffle. I can't imagine giving out any better prize than this castle...

Thanks,
Ryan

CapLoD

Sorceror
Re: 2008 Ultimate Raffle

"filled with unique goodies"....really fucking awesome man!

I cant wait to win this. :p

LockHeart

Sorceror

Is this rigged in any way? How do we know its not rigged and that an actual random winner will be picked.

CapLoD

Sorceror

can the commands (i wish to lock this down, remove thyself etc.) only be used in the castle itself or in the entire area?

LockHeart;1686496 said:
Is this rigged in any way? How do we know its not rigged and that an actual random winner will be picked.

francois!;1686498 said:
yeah, i mean, with recent events, we have no real assurance this will be fair.
I'm quite sure they are above fixing a raffle...

bobdool81

Wanderer

You think we would fix it? Get serious, we aren't children. We work very hard for you guys to have fun. Doing something like that would be absurd.

Mark

Knight

LockHeart;1686496 said:

I wrote a command that randomly selects a raffle ticket from the pool of raffle tickets on the server. Ryan will be running this command once for the grand prize, then 10 more times for each runner up prize (or more than 10 if he decides to add more runner up prizes).

The command that selects winning tickets simply displays a ticket number and the ticket's serial number.

I'm not sure how Ryan will go about contacting the winners but I imagine it will be something like the following:

The winning numbers will most likely be announced on the forums and the winners will probably be asked to page in or otherwise contact Ryan to redeem their tickets for their prizes. If after a reasonable duration of time a winner fails to comes forward I would imagine he would use the ticket's serial number to track it in game and determine a winner by possession of the 'physical' ticket.

Ryan and I will not be participating. Ryan loves you all equally and I am an indifferent jerk, so neither of us really care who wins.

The tickets aren't staff creatable (they are not tagged [Constructable], for anyone who cares), not even by an Administrator. Only player accounts can purchase the tickets for gold.

If you already have doubts, I doubt this post will make a difference to you. If you don't trust us, don't buy a ticket. You probably won't win the raffle. You will probably think we cheated when you don't win.