UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Red]vs[BLCK] battles and results

Two Wolves

Knight
Broken means, unfair in this context. Scrolls are allowed for several reasons. One reason is, it is hard to police. Another reason is, we want people to be able to use existing characters.

Thank you for your interest. No. It is not fair. But, being mass combat and not 1v1 duels, teamwork turns out to be the key factor, that and superior numbers, from what we have seen in over forty battles.

Americana

Sorceror
Sub-70s resists vs full blown power scrolled chars...

"broken" = an aspect of a game that is unequal to other aspects. By the same token, I would assume that requiring zero scrolls would be equally unfair...I just wasn't sure how it's played out in application...it appears that there are some rather high damage spells being delivered in the PvP videos.

My intention was not to be critical; merely to understand prior to investing and/or starting to participate.

Two Wolves

Knight
"Sub-70s resists"
#1 Yes. With low resists, you will suffer horribly.

"My intention"
#2 Very good. My intention was to explain game lingo to Frasier in familiar terms.

"investing"
#3 Great. We have a few RoE legal suits already made, to loan out for people who join up on the day. (see #1)

Two Wolves

Knight
Current Strongholds: Age of Darkness
1 | Britannia Prison | Orcs
2 | Yew | Orcs
3 | Yew Forest | Orcs
4 | Orc Fort Forest | Orcs
5 | Blighted Grove | Crusaders
6 | Flower Grove | Orcs
7 | Snake's Pass Forest | Orcs
8 | Wrong | Crusaders
9 | Wind | Orcs
10 | Compassion | Orcs
11 | Skara Brae | Crusaders
12 | Minoc | Crusaders
13 | West Windemere Wood | Crusaders
14 | Covetous Forest | Orcs
15 | Vesper | Orcs
16 | East Windemere Wood | Orcs
17 | Cove | Orcs
18 | Bog of Desolation | Crusaders
19 | Britannia Forest | Orcs
20 | Crimson Plains | Orcs
21 | Britain | Orcs
22 | Ranger Hut Forest | Crusaders
23 | Forest of Spirituality | Orcs
24 | Fens of the Dead | Crusaders
25 | Destard | Orcs
26 | Trinsic | Orcs
27 | Southern Jungle | Crusaders
28 | Jhelom | Crusaders
29 | Southern Islands | Orcs
30 | Buccaneer's Den | Orcs
31 | Serpent's Hold | Crusaders
32 | Occlo | Crusaders
33 | Magincia | Orcs
34 | Fire Temple | Crusaders
35 | Nujel'm | Crusaders
36 | Dagger Isle | Crusaders
37 | Moonglow | Crusaders

jkvc2003

Sorceror
Following the humiliation of the loss of Britain, Orc Hordes ransack the city and take hostages back to their lands, to amuse themselves with. Red crusaders are forced to fight amongst themselves until the last man standing, and he then faces the torment of the orcs.
RvB2.jpg

But the orcs, drunk with power and ale, are cut down by the desperate last crusader, resulting in many deaths on both sides. But the orc horde is like a rat plague, there will always be more!
RvB1.jpg

mantorras

Sorceror
This looks pretty interesting, I am thinking in making a character, what would be the faction has less players atm?

Two Wolves

Knight
This looks pretty interesting, I am thinking in making a character, what would be the faction has less players atm?

That question is actually hard to answer. There is no telling who or how many are going to show up on the day of battle. For example in this last battle we had a thin turnout on the Orcs team, to avoid a 4v2 situation one of the Red players switched to make 3v3. Just as we got started another Red joiner showed up making 4v3. Orcs managed to stay together. This is characteristic of the side that is currently winning and crates strong vicious-cycle for the other side.

If it was not for the flexibility of some players willing to leave the side with superior numbers, things would have ended up 5v2. Not to say that we would no go ahead with that, as one or our principles is, "fight with the army you've got."

What you should decide for yourself is, if you are an Orc kind of player or a Crusader type. We can also use a few turn-coats to help even things out till we get up to the 6v6 and 9v9 levels, then it will not be so critical.

What I can tell you is, Orcs have had a pretty good run so far this year and Crusaders are in need of some moral, if not material, support.

Enaruki

Traveler
From what I can tell.. All these happen on Sunday. @.@ Me and two other people that wanted to participate in this work on Sunday... 24 Hour station shifts. Has there ever been a case where this doesn't occurred on a Sunday?

Two Wolves

Knight
First, thank you for your interest.

About a year ago now, these battles started on a Saturday. At that time they where being held two times a week. What started as strong momentum crashed. We had to reorganize and the result was, one per week at a regular time.

Daytime on a weekend was chosen because it is the only span that positive and negative GMT zone players are both awake. What in particular makes it a Sunday, I am not entirely sure. Sundays are 90% more available for myself.

People who make up RvB type characters could spar or war each other any time they can arrange a fight. 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 battles that run 45 to 50 minutes seem to be the most feasible.

Could something be arranged for a Saturday if 4 to 10 players where available, yes - and I could make you Warlord to make it happen. Will the battles switch to Saturday or alternate, no - probably not.

My advice for this is the same as my advice for a lot of situations; join RvB, invite your friends. The more involvement and player interest that is generated, the more things we can do with RvB.

Frasier

Sorceror
I agree with T.W.

And when we are in alliance, we can get members from both sides to spar or war each other.