UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Official LC statement about "the infamous hammer" (epic length warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khephren

Knight
Re: Official LC statement about "the infamous hammer" (epic length warning)

My eyes hurt :(

But I still love you LC, you are the best !

[Drakull]

Knight

Well... I open the forums and find this... lol...
what to say, people should care less about other people's pixel's and care more about their own lifes.
About giving away the hammer, if LC has decided to give away a hammer, what's the problem?
Just a couple notes about your huge post, LC:
1) The calculations you do for the chances to get the valorite hammer, sorry, but are wrong. The chances to get it through BOD's are a lot worse. The only combination to get it is to fill the large platemail valorite 20 set (that's 7 bod's with a ridiculously low rate even at 120 bs with 3 accounts getting resets 7 times and obtaining the right combination).

2) When you say "a valorite hammer that ONLY had 10 charges", well, a regular valorite hammer ONLY has 15 charges, so 10 charges is 2/3 (not a despicable quantity).

3) We all love you anyways :)

Other than the notes, I see even having to give explanations about this just ridiculous. Guys, live and enjoy your gaming and stop just being misserables thinking on who can have more than you do.

dievas

Knight

gilgamash;517355 said:
Looks just like a hell of a buch is envying around again.

It was your decision and that's it. Donno what all the fuss is about. FCS, it's a game, and some people are sacrificing their spare time to make events possible.

Why not just enjoy it?

G.

becoze we spare more of our spare time playing. and when shit happens eweryone is pissed

Khephren

Knight

c'est drole mais ce sujet me passe a 100km au dessus de la tête.

why are people so concerned?

get a social life, this is a game !

I don't care about any stupid game hammer or whatever.... I just want a date with that nice blondie in the corner..... yes YOU there... come to papa ;)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Drakull-demise;517406 said:
1) The calculations you do for the chances to get the valorite hammer, sorry, but are wrong. The chances to get it through BOD's are a lot worse. The only combination to get it is to fill the large platemail valorite 20 set (that's 7 bod's with a ridiculously low rate even at 120 bs with 3 accounts getting resets 7 times and obtaining the right combination).
I do agree that the chances to get the BODs are crappy. I don't deny that one iota. However, a person who does BODs has the same chances every time they do BODs. My overall point is that the ratios involved in getting the hammer from the chest were insane and pretty much improbable to repeat (again, unlike the BODs - always replicatable odds as they are coded in)
2) When you say "a valorite hammer that ONLY had 10 charges", well, a regular valorite hammer ONLY has 15 charges, so 10 charges is 2/3 (not a despicable quantity).
The "only" was capitalized to emphasize that it didn't have 5K charges LOL Too soon for exploit humor? ;) I know a regular hammer only has a handful more uses but this hammer is still not full use thus decreasing the chances even more so on getting a good item from it.
3) We all love you anyways :)

Lippy

Wanderer

It is pretty clear .

LC is always right , and if you don't (or can't) participate in events , or if you simply disagree , then stfu and gtfo .

IMO FYI

The true rares LC speaks of on demise do not belong here because :

no one can get them by normal hunting or trading
they only benefit 1 person
they create threads like this

You should not give away Val hammers because :

people work very hard at smithing
people get pissed

This is why I play on demise in the first place , because I was tired of GM made items being given to certain people .
with no real hope of ever getting them

(Hooded "robe" (shroud) of Umbra)
(Tabulian sash , which WAS CURSED WHEN FOUND but then CHANGED TO BLESSED BY STAFF SO SOMEONE COULD BANK SIT and show off an item that no one can get )

Anyway what we really need are changes to about a million things in game , something that benefits the shard as a whole .

Maybe in a couple years .

Khephren

Knight

bottom line to the thread/bitchings....

don't whine.... drink wine and love LC and....

get a life !

;)

get a life is a good expression, I think ill put it in my signature.... lol

Achri

Wanderer

I'm staying in a hotel and there is a sign under the shower head that says, "Please place shower curtain in bath tub before showering." What is this world coming to?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Lippy;517416 said:
It is pretty clear .
LC is always right , and if you don't (or can't) participate in events , or if you simply disagree , then stfu and gtfo .
Allow me to reference your above and let you know what is correct and incorrect.

Incorrect "LC is always right": I am not always right nor do I claim to be but I do feel that a level of insane irrationality was achieved because of this event. I personally do not have to explain anything that I do as a staff member to the players but because I am CONCERNED about the hostility presented, I am opening myself up to players to vent, rage, hate, etc.... I am open to criticism and have not once closed myself off to any valid suggestions made by truly concerned, informed players. I believe there is a history of this on the forums to back these statements (requests for suggestions on improvements, etc)

Correct "if you don't participate in events then stfu and gtfo": While correct, there needs to be more clarificatioin ... People who do not participate and choose not to but still choose to bitch are not people I will bother listening to. People who bitch about everything tend to be irrational and will find something to bitch about regardless - so... why bother? Allow them to remain angry about the initial problem and save everyone time and effort. I also have a very low tolerance for people who choose to act irrationally, speak irrationally, and lash out at people who are not involved in any aspect of the situation.

Incorrect "if you don't (or can't) participate in events , or if you simply disagree , then stfu and gtfo": There are people who cannot participate in an event for whatever reason and have an opinion that I value. There are people who don't agree with what I do and can discuss the topic like a civil human - I listen to them. I also take value away from the opinions of people who participate in the events. Each of the people in these categories can come forward with some basis on which to speak and can sway my opinion on things because (back to point 1), I'm not always right.

The true rares LC speaks of on demise do not belong here because :

no one can get them by normal hunting or trading
they only benefit 1 person

You should not give away Val hammers because :

people work very hard at smithing
people get pissed

This is why I play on demise in the first place , because I was tired of GM made items being given to certain people .
with no real hope of ever getting them

(Hooded "robe" (shroud) of Umbra)
(Tabulian sash , which WAS CURSED WHEN FOUND but then CHANGED TO BLESSED BY STAFF SO SOMEONE COULD BANK SIT and show off an item that no one can get )
This is pretty much the best reasoning you have given thus far regarding what has happened and unique items like the robe etc.... However, what I must say is that these items were decided to be given out by admin as was the change from curse (to encourage the PvP aspect of the event so someone couldn't just insure it and run) to blessed (event was over and there was no reason to leave it cursed). These were not my decisions so I cannot take ownership of them; therefore, they don't really apply to my decision about the hammer.

Anyway what we really need are changes to about a million things in game , something that benefits the shard as a whole .
I don't think any one person would deny that Demise needs a lot of changes to move forward towards ML and with other fixes but again, this has nothing to do with events. If I could sit down and code the server overnight, I would... but I can't. I can only control what I was placed on the server to do.

Maybe in a couple years.
And this is the exact negativity that takes any valid points you may have made and makes people want to toss them to the side. Unfortunately, people will see you for your negativity rather than the valid points you did make.

Khephren

Knight

its funny how ignored I am... but I kinda like it that way... I can express my opinions clearly without having to argue...

fun fun.

Pont

Knight

Pontauban: Hmmm whats this? a valorite hammer with 10 charges?
What can I make with it? Armour? Weapons? "Bah, useless piece of junk!" :mad: *Tosses valorite poop hammer in the trash barrel*

Dexter-LoM

Knight

Wow this is the shit i have been missing this week ,, lol what a joke....
people why did you not all bitch about the shroud one of a kind its a fucking hammer that will moslty likely go to trash items.
people why dont you bitch when they give out brsk or tots lol
i do smithy i drea of having one but aint crying bout it
what is really not fair is people like paragon dancer oaks and FE that have all of a bunch of items .. why dont you all bitch after them oh wait probably cause they work and got to that point with hard working skills at this game... the persone who got the hammer did do the work to get that same shit different pile
on a another shut all your god damm mouth bout this and come get my insurance money now :)

Belldandy

Sorceror

Im suprised none of the poeple that blame lady crimson for the global cooling problem and all the new snow that has popped up everywhere have posted in here... they were on a hunger strike a few weeks ago i havent seen them since...

psz

Administrator

I read the first post and my initial reaction was

WTF?

Not because of the reward or the attitude... Because I was seriously "WTF?"

I don't even know what event happend, or who got what.

I really don't care. I've more or less ignored the rest of the thread to sum something up:

LC held an event and gave a prize was given away.

And people BITCH about having the chance to get something they maybe normally wouldn't?

Ok, so my initial reaction is still valid:

WTF?

(And people wonder why I retired :-P)

Status
Not open for further replies.