UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

L%C Auction House.

Indika

Sorceror
Greetings citizens of Demise,

I am happy to announce the newest inclusion to the L%C player ran events, the L%C Auction House! Seeing that it has been a while since the last time we organized an event like this, we felt as if one was long overdue. I will be going over the details of what to expect from the Auction here, and it will be considered an ongoing discussion, as well as a work in progress. Once the final finishing touches have been drafted, we will be sure to include that information.

We are planning to have up to 2 in-game auctions per month, preferably every 2 weeks on the weekend. We will be aiming for 7-8pm CST (Central Standard Time) and we will do our very best to make sure the auction doesn't take more than 1-2 hours total time, that way we don't keep people here all day and they can get back to their regular guild functions, as well as allowing a reasonable enough timeframe to allow everyone to see all the items that sold in the auction. We will be conducting no more than 50 sales per auction. And expect a few moments in between each sale.

I, Indika, will be acting as Senior Auctioneer for this event, and all of the items will be handled through me. There will not be an NPC vendor at this auction, the winner's of each auctioned item will be required to meet me in a designated area inside the auction house where the purchased items will be exchanged via a normal trade window with myself. I will be logged in on my main character Indika[L%C] and all exchanges will be made through me personally. I will be speaking with the server staff to see if we can reserve a banker for the duration of the event as provided before.

This will be the ongoing thread related to all announcements regarding the L%C Auction House. We will be bumping this thread regularly with relevant information regarding the auction and feel free to communicate any questions, comments, or concerns in this thread and we will work to address it within a timely manner.

Indika

Sorceror
Auction House Rules:

These rules will be enforced by auction staff at all times. There will be an issued warning, then removal from the auction house entirely for refusal to reasonably adhere to all auction house rules.

#1: No Spamming. This is left vague for a reason. Don't repeatedly spam your bid. No unnecessary talking while an item is being auctioned off. Leave all other discussion until after the auctioneer has declared the item was sold. We suggest being in party while attending the auction to talk with friends in party chat. This is to prevent the journal from getting spamming while an item is being sold, which can result in bids being missed.

#2: Once the auctioneer declares the item is "Sold" the auction is over, and that price is the final price. (Unless declared otherwise by the auctioneer.)

#3: No Trading, Buying, or Selling items during the auctions. You will have plenty of time to do that before or after the auction.

#4: Once a player wins an auction, that player must immediately meet with the auctioneer at the designated "pick-up" area of the auction, following directly after the item is declared sold, to purchase the item. I suggest everyone to have your bank checks on the character you plan on attending the auction on for convenience.

#5: The auctioneer and assistant's word is final. Sometimes things happen or can be missed. We ask for patience from all auction house patrons, and also for your cooperation during the auction.

#6: No casting spells. I understand this might happen accidently due to keybindings but there is a function in Steam and Razor that will allow you to enable/disable keybindings. I suggest everyone have one of these hotkeys prepared before the event to keep from accidently casting spells!

If you find yourself removed from the auction house, this is known as a warning. You will be allowed back into the auction house, but realize that your next removal will be an immediate ban for any rules infraction. Depending on the rules infractions/degree, there is no guaranteed warning before being banned completely from the auction.

We ask that everyone act respectfully during the auction and we will continue to work hard to make this a regular event.

The auction house ban list will be refreshed for every auction, allowing people to attend future auctions.

These rules will be enforced to insure the auction to move as swiftly as possible, as well as making it a good neutral event for everyone to participate in.

*These rules are subject to change at any time, with or without warning. Please keep an eye out on this specific post for possible future changes in the rules.

Last edited:

Indika

Sorceror
To many untrustworthy people. And its a hassle to organize.

I think we have a virtually flawless plan regarding the auction house, trust isn't going to be a problem because the items will all be traded via a trade window, similarly with a regular sale/trade. If someone bids and then doesn't purchase the item, they will simply be banned from the Auction house and the item will be auctioned off again. An auction house can be a hassle to keep organized, but we will have a few security guards on duty at each event :p

The only person you really need to trust is Indika. If you don't trust him, you don't have to participate.

Worded better than I ever could :')

L%C will also be providing corrupt GM services, through one of it's most prominent members.

Me.

I thought we had agreed to keep the corrupt GM services limited to L%C members only :p

Loler

Page
I didnt say indika was untrustworthy. I was merely mentioning why there hasnt been many auctions lately. they are a hassle to organize and too many people are untrustworthy.

What

Sorceror
I'm glad to hear an auction house is coming! I've always enjoyed them.
...but isn't this how all auction houses work when you submit an item? "I think we have a virtually flawless plan regarding the auction house, trust isn't going to be a problem because the items will all be traded via a trade window, similarly with a regular sale/trade".........

Bama

Bug Huntress
...but isn't this how all auction houses work when you submit an item?

Yes ..........................but if I want to have an item sold at the auction but I can not attend I must.............
................. Indika (and I do) ........................ (same for @TheRealPhil @Lead44 @MadeInQuebec and a few more L%C)

........................that he auctions it off for at least the minimum (reserve) which he will then trade ..................

via a trade window, similarly with a regular sale/trade".........

Vander Nars

Sorceror
Most auctions on atl just put the item on a vendor at unreasonable amount so everyone knows whats being bid on and once bid is over its relisted on vendor again and the winner buys it in the rare chance someone buys the winners item they are banned from the house but that was rather rare on atl when I attended auctions. Demise may not be as truthworthy so you may be require to do the trade window.

Indika

Sorceror
I guess I still don't understand how trust is really a factor at all when you will simply just be buying items as you normally would, there will just be a different medium as far as the actual sale is concerned. (I'm not going to let you bid on an item and then not deliver it in front of the entire server... that'd be dumb...)

None of you have items in the auction so I don't see how any of you have the possibility of getting scammed?

This is what happens every time someone tries to get a player ran event going or something of that nature, it gets blasted down on the forums.

Tell you guys what, this auction house will be happening with or without you, and it will definitely be happening without your items, so you can either show up and have something to do, or you can let the opportunity pass you by. No one is forcing anyone to attend or participate here.

My one, simple request is to please stop trolling this thread as we are legitimately trying to get a useful event organized here on Demise. You don't have to participate if there is a problem. People who know me will trust me to handle the auction accordingly. If you don't know me, and you don't trust me, then you don't have to participate :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Akka

Sorceror
Yess. Finally i can have a chance to get my hands on something epic with my litle gold stash. I knew doing nothing will pay off!