UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Castle/Keep Staircase Deco

Castle/Keep Staircase Deco

Okay this a highly discussed topic among ALL Demise players. As you all are most aware, since Demise is NOT an actual EA server, it has different aspects to the game that can change it from being 100% the same. One thing is the goza mats, in EA servers you are able to increase or decrease them. This however, in Demise is not the case. You are not able to increase/decrease mats. I have made up the one and ONLY way to get past this problem. It is probably the hardest thing you can do when it comes to deco, but for all you UO house fanatics I decided to release it to the public.

Follow my instructions VERY carefully.

To get a snow piece on the blocking tile:

1. Find an area that is large enough to fit a keep(or castle).

2. Do not make a castle or keep yet, but instead make a 3-story house, make it up to the third story.

3. Take a spare character and log him off on the third story.

HINT: He has to be in the EXACT spot of where the "unwalkable" wall is.

4. Get on another character and demolish the 3-story.

5. Make a castle or keep.

6. Open it to the public so your other character will not fall to the entrace.

7. Log on other character.

Hint: It helps if he can gate to the entrance of the house so other characters can get on the "spot".

8. You must fill your backpack with 125 items.

Hint: I used 125 seperate gold coins.

9. Place a container on the ground.

10. Put a snow piece in it, from it being glacial or regular, it is fine.

11. Have the character with 125 items in his pack pick up the snow BUT DO NOT drop it, just drag it off screen then release, it will then "stay in your hand"

12. Switch to other character and put the container that was holding the snow in its backpack.

13. Switch back to the character with the snow.

14. Drop it in his backpack.

15. Now, if you have done everything correct, the snow should be on the spot.

HinT: You might need to use circle of trans for for this next part.

16. Lock it down then raise it where you can see it.

17. Now just make stairs from the top all the way so that you can step onto the snow.

To make stairs(Oaks guide):

1. Lock down snowpile.

2. Raise snowpile up/down where you want the goza.

3. Place rune on top of snowpile.

4. Lock down rune.

5. Target the rune with the goza deed cursor.

6. Repeat as necessary.

Note: this works for any house add on that comes in the form of a deed. However, an anvil takes just one tile, but a bed or abattoir can take up to 8 tiles and as such required 8 snowpiles/runes, one for each tile the add on covers. You'll need to line up the snowpiles at the correct height and target the right rune in order to place the add on.

This can be used for all kinds of stuff, including stacking player vendors or house addons on top of each other (have to make a goza staircase firs for the first option). If you remove the snowpiles/runes afterwards they float in the air, same goes for house add ons.

However, been trying extensively to get on my castle roof with a goza stair case and it just wouldn't work as one crucial tile near the roof blocks the placement of a goza, and you cannot teleport on top of the roof as far as i know.

I hope this helps you, it took me 3 hours just to get the snow ontop of that blocking tile. It took TONS of trial and error but it is finished. =)

Attachments

• majic.jpg
    majic.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 876

hugoboss

Sorceror
Re: Castle/Keep Staircase Deco

good. there are some websites out there, documenting step-by-step 'How To's' to decorating castles, keeps, pianos, fish tanks, lakes etc... if only i can find the link again..

hugoboss;530611 said:
good. there are some websites out there, documenting step-by-step 'How To's' to decorating castles, keeps, pianos, fish tanks, lakes etc... if only i can find the link again..

here you some sites:

Crescent Moon Interior Design:
http://deco.girlgamer.net/

Castles & Courtyards (archive):
http://www.girlgamer.net/teeshy/castlesandcourtyards/

UOCafeteria (japanese):
http://www.interq.or.jp/pure/uocafe/

Wolffang's UO page (japanese)
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~wolffang/

note: I collect also japanese websites because I have many japanese people in the guild... I wait them to translate these websites for me :)
And yes... I'm impressed how much good japanese websites are about UO

Oaks

Knight

Can you build a staircase from the middle big roof to the 4 smaller ones in the corner ?

gugutz

Knight

OMG. Didn't know i could add a stair to go to the top of my castle.

Thanks! :)

Oaks;530662 said:
Can you build a staircase from the middle big roof to the 4 smaller ones in the corner ?

Yes, however, it would take another 4 characters to log out on that "unmovable block" because I do not think there is another way.
----------------
Also, to anyone saying there was another way (to get to the roof), I do not think your wrong, but most other ways are for OSI and 99% of the time they don't work here on Demise.

Thanks for the encouragement people!!!

you can't raise-lower gozas, nor dye them. This is a feature I'd like to see in a RunUO update.

gugutz

Knight

You can only lift the snow pile up to 15 levels.
Thats as far as i can get to put the goza mats.

How did you manage to put gozas above the 15th level?

Im stuck at this.
I can't raise the snow pile any further the 15th level so i can go up in the roof:

View attachment 12573

Any help?

Attachments

• stairs.png
    stairs.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 211

You have to raise them up to the 15th then FROM the roof drop runes ontop of the raised snow. then drop ANOTHER piece of snow ontop of all the runes then place another rune. then place goza.

gugutz

Knight

In this tile where i made a red circle:

View attachment 12582

Is it mandatory to go through those first steps of removing the castle and putting again to place a goza there?

Attachments

• stairs2.png
    stairs2.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 210