UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Skara Brae 3/27 3PM EST

MB

Knight
The war begins 3 PM EST on Sunday.

The Red Crusaders of Luna have made countless brave voyages thousands of miles to Britannia, in an effort to eradicate their holy land of Brittania from the scourge of Orcs. Centuries of turmoil have left the territories of Brittania in disarray, many Orc strongholds remain scattered through the land. A new crusade will soon be launched with the most valiant of knights pledged to once and for all purge the land from this dreadful scourge.

Larger map: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4278/publishone.png
publishone.png
Current Strongholds:
1 | Britannia Prison | Crusaders
2 | Yew | Orcs
3 | Yew Forest | Orcs
4 | Orc Fort Forest | Orcs
5 | Blighted Grove | Crusaders
6 | Flower Grove | Crusaders
7 | Snake's Pass Forest | Crusaders
8 | Wrong | Orcs
9 | Wind | Orcs
10 | Compassion | Crusaders
11 | Skara Brae | Orcs
12 | Minoc | Orcs
13 | West Windemere Wood | Crusaders
14 | Covetous Forest | Orcs
15 | Vesper | Crusaders
16 | East Windemere Wood | Crusaders
17 | Cove | Orcs
18 | Bog of Desolation | Crusaders
19 | Britannia Forest | Orcs
20 | Crimson Plains | Crusaders
21 | Britain | Crusaders
22 | Ranger Hut Forest | Crusaders
23 | Forest of Spirituality | Crusaders
24 | Fens of the Dead | Orcs
25 | Destard | Orcs
26 | Trinsic | Crusaders
27 | Southern Jungle | Orcs
28 | Jhelom | Crusaders
29 | Southern Islands | Orcs
30 | Buccaneer's Den | Orcs
31 | Serpent's Hold | Crusaders
32 | Occlo | Orcs
33 | Magincia | Crusaders
34 | Fire Temple | Orcs
35 | Nujel'm | Crusaders
36 | Dagger Isle | Orcs
37 | Moonglow | Crusaders

Rules of Battle: Violators will be removed from guild
Only store-bought potions will be allowed (Dexxers can't have greater than lesser poison on weapon)
No Mounts
No Monster Loot (Including jewelry; I will watch RPVs after the fact to check for jewelry used)
Only allowed armor or items are that which can be bought from NPCs or crafted by basic non-runic tools. No dragon scale armor.
No modded spellbooks equipped. (This may be altered depending on how mages fare in first fight)
No aggressive mage summons

During battle, newly ressed players still wearing death robe may not be attacked. Once the robe is off, they are fair game. Similarly, you may not attack while wearing a death robe.

Battles will last for a set number of kills or time limit. The victor of the battle will then control the territory and decide which territory they would like to attack on the next event.

Disallowed Skills
Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary
Ninjitsu
Necromancy
Stealth
Spellweaving
Bushido

If you would like to participate in Sunday's battle for Skara Brae, check out this thread:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/red-crusaders-red-guild-or-black-orcs-blck-guild.469450/
skara.jpg

P.S. there may be the occasional Free-For-All in Luna amongst the two guilds.

Sundoom

Sorceror
Tis vermin reeks of something most fowl... To think we Crusaders have let thou live for so long... Tis a mystery, but shall be left unanswered as we set sail to eradicate all who polute Britannia's beloved city of Skara Brae. To arms my brothers and sisters! Ready your armor, sharpen your swords, tighten the strings of your bows; for we march to take back our city!

Cornwallis

Sorceror
Oh my dear mate Muscly, I assume you never have heard of the powerful war tactic of Home Court advantage.

Well, my friend, we have this. We shall begin building up our defenses to prepare for your attack. Make sure you bring all your best jewlery and armor because we are going to mercilessly take it from you!

Bile

Knight
2 Orcs vs. 5 Crusaders .. . . what an epic battle!

You should compare the rosters and see whom is biggest

Marok

Squire
Make sure you bring all your best jewlery and armor because we are going to mercilessly take it from you!
Aren't jewels disallowed? This sounds like it's going to be a shit-fest once you try to get started because there will be those not knowledgeable of/within regulation.
And the guy that casts EO half way through the battle causing a slew of whining... You should link forum names to character names, so anyone caught outside of guidelines can be immediately removed from future events for their inability to listen/read. So much room for so much to go wrong, and the finger pointing will be hysterical.
I hope the best for your turn out Muscly.

Before Cornwallis thinks I'm targeting him saying he doesn't know the rules, I'd like to clarify I quoted it because it would be misleading to those who half ass read and see to bring jewelry.
I'm rather sure Cornwallis is aware of the guidelines.

and I'm only posting cause I like the idea and hope to participate once it's refined.

serotonin

Traveler
Jewels are disallowed. I will be wearing my best non-runic valorite platemail, with an order shield and a broadsword to boot :D

I think you're right though. For openness, I AM TRISTAN. I have no intention of breaking the rules. I am doing this for fun, not pride :)

Sundoom

Sorceror
I'm Novak [Red]

As for the jewelry post, it was a roleplay act. "Bring your gold, diamond, and gems, as orcs like shiney things" lol

He was referring to how they'd take that kind of "jewelery" from the corpses of Red Crusaders after the battle is over - presuming they won.

Skara in TRAMM... correct?

Correct - these battles will take place in Trammel

2 Orcs vs. 5 Crusaders .. . . what an epic battle!

You should compare the rosters and see whom is biggest

If one side is bigger than the other, a few of us have characters that can be transferred over.

Bribed Orcs or Traitor Crusaders can be guild swapped to even the odds.

Bile, you joining in on the killing? I bet you're the type who'd be an orc.

Bile

Knight
Bile, you joining in on the killing? I bet you're the type who'd be an orc.

hugoboss

Sorceror
Thanks for the info, will be looking for the recruiters at Luna soon.. btw it was mentioned 3pm (1500) EST / 2200 GMT... is this correct? with daylight saving etc... should it 3pm EST = err.. 2000 (8pm) GMT ?

silvertiger

Knight
I think Skara Brae should be a neutral zone on your map so that the turns can be determined strategically by the teams. That way the next few battles will be determined strategically.

hugoboss

Sorceror
Well done to the organisers, if this becomes a continuous war with these sort of rules, with strategic play to capture territory, i'm all for the war effort!

(yay Orcs! my house is in Orc held territory.. will raise the pikes with impaled red crusader helms as the new gruesome standard!)