UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see updated skill systems?

Would you like to see updated skill systems?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesD

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see updated skill systems?

iizylosii;1437105 said:
off topic but what about glacial staves with no charges.

Mythia Jhengli;1437485 said:
I want. :>

*Cough Cough* If you're going to spawn more trammie items, can you please fix the stealing system then? Edit the % Chance of success or GuardWhack, so some of us HONEST businessmen, that make a living with our own two empty hands rather than our pets or our words, can have a crack at some of the items in this game!

JamesD

Wanderer

nassiruo;1437574 said:
runic hammers should be blessed tbh

Yah, and so should my Reagents, Potions, Armor, and Bandages... NOT! Go to Divinity if you want to get everything blessed. Don't try to trammify this amazing shard! It is already hard enough to steal items in guard zones, and you dont need to make RUnics in towns unless youre in factions. And if you're in factions, then get a protective squad. Let me fill you in on a little secret: the more people in a 5-7 tile radius from you, the more likely the thief is to get caught in the act of stealing. If you want to make expensive stuff, make it with people you trust around you, and make sure enemy faction doesn't know about it... My friend and I got a Gold Hamer full of charges the other day off some lonely Minax Smith... Poor GUy!

pbickerd

Wanderer

Stop complaining about stealing its fine as it is. I have 2 thieves and have great success on both. Why? Because i dont steal in TOWN!. Stealing in town is really lame. Make a thief template that can escape a gank and steal from reds / factioners / blues that are fighting. With healing / hiding / stealth / magery (for reflect) you can escape most situations. You will find that you can get some really nice stuff this way. My thieves have banks full of vanq/power weaps and my mage/inscribe thief has never had to buy regs. he also gets some nice kills as people really don't expect that much reflect on a thief.

Ok im done de-railing now.

JamesD88;1437580 said:
Yah, and so should my Reagents, Potions, Armor, and Bandages... NOT! Go to Divinity if you want to get everything blessed. Don't try to trammify this amazing shard! It is already hard enough to steal items in guard zones, and you dont need to make RUnics in towns unless youre in factions. And if you're in factions, then get a protective squad. Let me fill you in on a little secret: the more people in a 5-7 tile radius from you, the more likely the thief is to get caught in the act of stealing. If you want to make expensive stuff, make it with people you trust around you, and make sure enemy faction doesn't know about it... My friend and I got a Gold Hamer full of charges the other day off some lonely Minax Smith... Poor GUy!

Countessa

Knight

Azaazel-hybrid;1437055 said:
I tell ya what would be nice is some kind of runic Carpentry tools. I'd definately be doing BODs for carpentry. I'd love to make some Runic Staves. I've wanted that since they came out with runics.

My thought was a bod system that combines carp and tinker skill. I want a power scroll for tinker to increase the success rate when crafting bolas. :D

JamesD88;1437579 said:
*Cough Cough* If you're going to spawn more trammie items, can you please fix the stealing system then? Edit the % Chance of success or GuardWhack, so some of us HONEST businessmen, that make a living with our own two empty hands rather than our pets or our words, can have a crack at some of the items in this game!

stealing
honest businessmen

:confused:

Try moving away from Tram Central Station aka WBB and you may find your luck increases.

nassiruo;1437574 said:
runic hammers should be blessed tbh

oh noes!! bad idea :sad:

Nicolai

Sorceror

It would be nice if every skill was useful in some way. Like make taste identification add a bonus when making potions or cooking food, and make it so spirit speak increases your chance of ressing. Maybe give armslore a bonus to blacksmithing.

I just think its silly to have all these skills yet have them be completely useless.

wkstrm

Lord

JesseJane;1436698 said:
ive heard of runic items for tailors, what does that consist of, and would it be associated with this change?

do you mean something along the lines of OSI runics?
tailors who is able to make magic leatherarmour?

idk.. would maybe be worth something. for me who mostly is a tailor it would. :D

oh, and I'd love to see some love for the thieves as well. :)

wkstrm

Lord

btw, could we do something usefull with spirit speak?

Nicolai

Sorceror

euphorbia;1437821 said:
btw, could we do something usefull with spirit speak?

Well I suggest they make it so that instead of using it to commune with the dead make it so that it can be used on a ghost or pet to res them. Make it so the skill level is the % chance of succeeding.

JamesD

Wanderer

Countessa;1437767 said:
stealing
honest businessmen

:confused:

Try moving away from Tram Central Station aka WBB and you may find your luck increases.

oh noes!! bad idea :sad:

Yah, thats why i steal at IDOCs and I don't steal that often. And in all seriousness, learn to take a joke. I dont try to make a living off my thief!

wkstrm

Lord

JamesD88;1437975 said:
Yah, thats why i steal at IDOCs and I don't steal that often. And in all seriousness, learn to take a joke. I dont try to make a living off my thief!

I do and I have a decent living. :)

JamesD

Wanderer

Nicolai;1437800 said:
It would be nice if every skill was useful in some way. Like make taste identification add a bonus when making potions or cooking food, and make it so spirit speak increases your chance of ressing. Maybe give armslore a bonus to blacksmithing.

I just think its silly to have all these skills yet have them be completely useless.

That's what Im trying to get at! Everyone wants more rewards for fishing or stuff like that, but how about make people want to try something new by throwing in something attractive to the less than normal skills of Hybrid! Begging, Herding, SpiritSpeak, Remove Trap (useful on a faction char or TMAPer), ArmsLore, Forensic Eval, Taste ID... Mind you, I have none of these skills, but if there was more of a use for these, I'd try them out for sure!

wkstrm

Lord

I got a char with SS and begging... have him for.. uhm.. don't know why. but he's fun to play. an island of its own in my wellorganized UO-world. :D

JamesD88;1437985 said:
That's what Im trying to get at! Everyone wants more rewards for fishing or stuff like that, but how about make people want to try something new by throwing in something attractive to the less than normal skills of Hybrid! Begging, Herding, SpiritSpeak, Remove Trap (useful on a faction char or TMAPer), ArmsLore, Forensic Eval, Taste ID... Mind you, I have none of these skills, but if there was more of a use for these, I'd try them out for sure!

Herding use to be good but they nerfed it here on hybrid cause all the L337 factioners kept having their beetles full of faction vendor regs be lured away and killed.

Elendili!

Knight

If ancient SOS's were in game, I would defently remake my pirate.

Herding was abused to the max as well, the second you got off your animal it was already being lured away, worst skill in the game probbaly.

Megumi

Wanderer

Elendili!;1438911 said:
If ancient SOS's were in game, I would defently remake my pirate.

Herding was abused to the max as well, the second you got off your animal it was already being lured away, worst skill in the game probbaly.

My bad :(

Caz

Knight

Nicolai;1437800 said:

This idea is win.

Status
Not open for further replies.