UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see updated skill systems?

Would you like to see updated skill systems?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trios

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see updated skill systems?

Ok... I voted yes. However I'm not interested in any skill buffs. I think the odds of making items are good the way they are. Making it easier to craft stuff will just bring the value down.

Adding things like ancient tmaps and sos I agree with. I do not agree with runic tailor kits as that would lead to runic leather armor which would indeed effect PvP. Adding items that don't effect PvP to the crafting tables would be good. Getting a little more variety in our furniture etc.

As far as making skills useful... making spirit speak do anything not speach related is stupid. If you want to add features to it, make them have some of the AoS benifits such as people being able to understand you when your dead and that at GM you can auto hear what ghosts are saying. Make forensic eval not only tell you when someone is a member of the thieves guild but if he has stolen recently. Make herding work for untame pets/monsters. That would be great for bards/tamers.

Phyrex

Page

Heck yes :)

Explainatory Edit:
This server is very PvP orrientated, as what it has been created for.
Although, many various type of players have gathered here, ranging from Crafters to Roleplayers, to Player Killers. It would be a nice addition to keep both parties happy by creating a skill system less dull then the current one.
As non of this interfears with the general PvPing, then it's a win win situation.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Rather than tweak skills, how about making some of them worth more. For example, how about adding my fishing system to improve the benefits of having fishing skills? It's built specifically for UOG.

[RunUO 1.0 MarcusO's Advanced Fishing System - RunUO Gaming Network

Note: The Supremely Accurate Fishing Rod is not part of the system...I just changed the name on the item on my server to look cool :)

Attachments

• MarcusO_Fishing_Monsters.jpg
    MarcusO_Fishing_Monsters.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 78
  • FishingLoot.jpg
    FishingLoot.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 77

Ozzy

Sorceror

MarcusO;1439930 said:
Rather than tweak skills, how about making some of them worth more. For example, how about adding my fishing system to improve the benefits of having fishing skills? It's built specifically for UOG.

Note: The Supremely Accurate Fishing Rod is not part of the system...I just changed the name on the item on my server to look cool :)

I gotta admit that would kick ass, fishing now is dull doesn't matter how many fishing nets you got, anyone can kill the krakens and sea seprents that spawn from it... And by everyone i mean every template... someone with Forensic eval, anatomy, eval int, arms lore, animal lore, tasting id, item id would've have managed to find out a way to kill them...

Nicolai;1437827 said:
Well I suggest they make it so that instead of using it to commune with the dead make it so that it can be used on a ghost or pet to res them. Make it so the skill level is the % chance of succeeding.

Your magery and healing or vet already dictate success levels of res.

It must be something more, like how compassion res's with HP, the higher your spirit speak, the higher HP you res the person at or something of the sort...

Would pwn in both pvp and pvm groups...

Nicolai

Sorceror

The 4 Star General;1440878 said:
Your magery and healing or vet already dictate success levels of res.

It must be something more, like how compassion res's with HP, the higher your spirit speak, the higher HP you res the person at or something of the sort...

Would pwn in both pvp and pvm groups...

Well it wouldnt be hard to make spirit speak have an effect on the res spell and bandages. I could probably script it myself and if not my brother could.

Trios;1439163 said:
Ok... I voted yes. However I'm not interested in any skill buffs. I think the odds of making items are good the way they are. Making it easier to craft stuff will just bring the value down.

Adding things like ancient tmaps and sos I agree with. I do not agree with runic tailor kits as that would lead to runic leather armor which would indeed effect PvP. Adding items that don't effect PvP to the crafting tables would be good. Getting a little more variety in our furniture etc.

As far as making skills useful... making spirit speak do anything not speach related is stupid. If you want to add features to it, make them have some of the AoS benifits such as people being able to understand you when your dead and that at GM you can auto hear what ghosts are saying. Make forensic eval not only tell you when someone is a member of the thieves guild but if he has stolen recently. Make herding work for untame pets/monsters. That would be great for bards/tamers.

Good ideas, be a bit more open minded though. If we both shoot ball on a crate for a rim, neither has an advantage, or disadvantage... we all have access to the same tools, and I don't think anything effects pvp.

Real pvpers, old schoolers (been in UO 10 years now), we find a way to win no matter what the hack, tweak is, advantage. I say let it all hang out, at least in a test shard like many other shards do.
:p

Elendili!;1438911 said:
If ancient SOS's were in game, I would defently remake my pirate.

Herding was abused to the max as well, the second you got off your animal it was already being lured away, worst skill in the game probbaly.

Herding should be brought back with flag system in place.

Herd a blue, go gray, herd a red, no effect, herd a gray no effect. What about that? P

Begging should be used to beg ones way to an advantage like beg an untamed pet ot let you ride, beg npcs for items and regs, beg monsters to not attack you.

You should lose huge amount of fame for begging of course, and the better your karma and compassion, the higher your success rate and higher reward with blue chars and neutrals whereas if you are a red beggar, or low karma beggar, you have more success with monsters that attack.

If you successfully brg an attackin player then they cant harm you for a certain time frame ONLY if they attacked you. This would level out pking for those who like to pvm. Begging will be something you must focus to do like meditation maybe.. I think that mixes things up quite a bit. :p

DejaVu-Staff

Wanderer

As long as the skills do not interfere with PvP. PvP is suppost to be old skool, so we dont want anything interfering with that. As for Mule skills, sure! bring it on! would get people more motivated to play on mules.

duxwig

Wanderer

Vote for an increase in Forensic Eval usefulness.
Possibly add in a 10% chance to succeed a steal attempt at GM? Aka - 1% per 10 skill points.

Milli420

Wanderer

Would be a good idea, give people things to do, and more people for me to kill :p

Definitaly would love to see dungeon chests added in. I found it bizarre how there weren't any when I started playing here, but yea adding in stuff like this and helping out with the fishing skill as well as others would be a great thing.

I'm in favor of it.

Countessa;1436639 said:
yes
changes that dont directly affect pvp will increase shard activity and interest

dungeon chest spawns
ancient sos
carpentry bod system and/or new items in the menu
npc pirates with loot in their hull
cooking additions
smith bod system overhaul
tailoring bod changes in items/colors

Changes like this would be really really awesome! give something new to explore without changing too much.

nassiruo

Wanderer

id like to see this. pure white, neon pink etc... lots of pretty colors to be used.

I like the sound of a lot of the updates but runic leather is pushing it. People that have full invuln or close to it already my my tank mage useless i think the armor is at a good balance as is.

GradGT

Sorceror

I would like to see anything that makes it possible to earn decent money by actually playing the game and working hard instead of just playing poker.

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

MarcusO;1439930 said:

i really like that idea......... should be implemented!!! however the just is almost the same than there in UOG

Zoeuo

Sorceror

I agree with Countessa-
carpentry bod system and/or new items in the menu

we_R_DNA

Wanderer

Please update the difference between Exceptional Iron Plate and how it compares to Exceptional Dragon Scale armor. Both do the same exact stat loss and AR gains. There is no significant difference between the two pieces.

Please refer to this detailed thread I wrote about it Plate ARmor vs Dragonscale ARmor

Also wind chimes make no noise :( I'd really like them to make noise and i've seen some on this shard that do. Those would be special addons to houses.

Also perhaps some champion spawns might be at hand.

Just my two cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.