UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

*Wonders if critical strikes will ever be fixed...that's right, FIXED.*

kazzz

Wanderer
*Wonders if critical strikes will ever be fixed...that's right, FIXED.*

(1)How many hit points do most players have?

(2)What's the most damage a spell can do? (3)How long does it take to cast that MAX DAMAGE (7th or 8th circle) spell?

I have these answers, I ask them rhetorically (answers at bottom of post)... since I know a lot of morons are about to post under this thread in defense of the 50+ point critical strikes (currently possible).

(4)How quickly can a player fire the Dryad's Bow? (5)How fast can someone swing the Sword of Stampede?

Today, I realized after almost a month and a half of playing on Demise... just how BROKEN critical strikes REALLY ARE.

I wonder if they will ever be fixed the way they should be (max 35 pts per critical strike). Gosh, it would sure put a lot of balance back into the game.

Answer key:
(1) An average of 100 hit points, most have a few less than 100.
(2) Flamestrike (40 mana) at max spell damage, with inscribe does NO MORE than 38 damage and is EASILY interruptable.
(3) 2-3 seconds to cast a 7th circle spell at 2/6 casting, 3-4 seconds for 8th circle.
(4) 1.25 seconds
(5) 1.25 seconds

The facts are clear... there's no balance in the situation we have here on Demise with respect to critical strikes. There's no valid argument against these facts... it's just NOT BALANCED AT ALL.

Tragic Magic

Wanderer
Re: *Wonders if critical strikes will ever be fixed...that's right, FIXED.*

Aaaaagreed. No way in hell should 2 archers be able to insta-kill someone with 100 str.

dimitrii

Wanderer

Its a small shard ( compared to OSI ) you wont see any flood of dryads. Your concerns are valid but you should archive this thread and bump it or repost it once ML bows and new ssi items are in the game.

By the way im impressed nobody has throw the inevitable "OSI CLONE!" line yet.

xaxas

Wanderer

Ill afford myself to make some corrections in your post, kaz.
1. with curse FS does 40-43 damage
2. one can swing the dryad at 1.25 only if he has more than or at least 170 stamina. and even one expo lowers this stamina, bringing him back to 1.5 swing delay.
3. In case you have forgotten to mention it: arrows miss, while spells dont. If an archer hits in 1/2 of his shots a mage-s spells do damage 100% of the time.
4. Criticals are nerfed already. Go whine at OSI (yes, Ill throw the "OSI Clone" this time) about perfection in PvP. Without perfection critical strike dmg is capped at 35
5. Just dont get me started with the stupid AI nerf because if one has 150 dex and a composite bow with 30 SSI he swings at 2 secs. AI costs 25 mana. On the other hand the 1-st circle "Heal" spell costs neglectably small amount of mana, casts at 0.5 secs delay and heals 10-15 dmg. At the moment archers are extremely underpowered compared to mages and everybody knows it. While all other templates got extremely nerfed some are left to prosper.

Now, as a conclusion - if these archers are sooooo good go make one & play with it.

roly

Wanderer

Xaxas said:
Now, as a conclusion - if these archers are sooooo good go make one & play with it.

there is a difference between "sooooo good" and "sooooo lame" ... these cars may be overpowerd, but you won't see me, or any of my guild mates for that matter, rushing to macro a template that exploits a PROBLEM in the game. with 40+HCI, your arrows don't miss ENOUGH to compensate for the fact that they are doing 40-50 points PER HIT. if you miss 1 out of ever 4 shots, even shooting at 1.5 second delay, that is.. lets see.

6 seconds of game time + 40 dmg per hit (i'm being generous for the sake of argument) = 160 max damage, with one miss factored in, that's 120 dmg in or less than 6 seconds.

now as a mage, the only way to keep up with that kind of damage output is to cast 3 or more 7th circle flame strikes..

6 seconds of game time + 40-43 dmg per hit (2 flamestrikes with a curse beforehand which is another 2-3 seconds of game time) = 86 max damage.

i believe you can see the broken math here....

xaxas

Wanderer

Now insert in these calculations the chance for a critical strike when using LS (not more than 30-35% at 120 bushido), also this totally excludes the use of special moves.
No, somehow I dont see anything broken here

*edit*
Oh, and also bear in mind that after honoring you your opponent has to hit you 10 times to achieve the full perfection bonus, and even 1 miss gets him at the bottom.

dimitrii

Wanderer

120 wrestle and 45 dci

vs

120 archery and 45 hci

=

50% chance. If you have parry its

50%*70%= %35 chance of actually dealing any damage

If you are getting hit too much:

a) Get more weapon skills and dci
b) Consider using parry
c) Your attacker is using hit lower defense
d) The RNG hates you and you should just quit for a week or until your luck gets better.

Xaxas said:
2. one can swing the dryad at 1.25 only if he has more than or at least 170 stamina. and even one expo lowers this stamina, bringing him back to 1.5 swing delay.
3. In case you have forgotten to mention it: arrows miss, while spells dont. If an archer hits in 1/2 of his shots a mage-s spells do damage 100% of the time.
4. Criticals are nerfed already. Go whine at OSI (yes, Ill throw the "OSI Clone" this time) about perfection in PvP. Without perfection critical strike dmg is capped at 35
5. Just dont get me started with the stupid AI nerf because if one has 150 dex and a composite bow with 30 SSI he swings at 2 secs. AI costs 25 mana. On the other hand the 1-st circle "Heal" spell costs neglectably small amount of mana, casts at 0.5 secs delay and heals 10-15 dmg. At the moment archers are extremely underpowered compared to mages and everybody knows it. While all other templates got extremely nerfed some are left to prosper.

1.i have 120eval 100scribe 140int and only do about 38 damage fs while the target is cursed.
2.exp has a 3 sec timer on it. First shot is instant so 3 shots later the exp still isnt off, and if all three hit ur dead. First hit para, second mortal, third 60 damage crit all before that 30 damage exp goes off.
3.how many mages have 120 weapon skill and 45 def to make u only hit 50%
4.OSI fixed the issue with crits and honor a week after they release the first pub. Ands its not just honor becuase i was hit for 55 damage vs a red bushido archer using dryad. I would hardly call this server an osi clone.
5.it is possible to 1.25 second swing with a 30ssi composite bow on demise.

xaxas

Wanderer

Volodya said:
d) The RNG hates you and you should just quit for a week or until your luck gets better.

Lol I tried it, nothing helps. The damn random thingy screws me up all the time:cool:

kazzz

Wanderer

Xaxas said:

Xaxas, either you're illiterate, or you're trying to change the subject... that is critical strikes. Or perhaps you're missing the fact that this isn't OSI? Or maybe, just maybe... you're one of these players abusing the obvious flaw.

But probably all of the above.

In any case, I'll handle your comments one at a time:

This one bothered me the most, as it's a blatant untruth...
They aren't nerfed. You know it, I know it... the rest of the non-ignorant shard population knows it. But do you want to admit it, is the question... perhaps you're in denial, wanting to believe that some of those kills you're getting are actually a result of your own player skill (not necessarily the case). Whatever the truth may be, the fact remains: critical strikes hit for well over 50 points of damage with the mentioned weapons and proper equipment.

This may be true with 120 eval, GM inscription, max item SDI and max SDI from INT bonuses. Now show me a screenshot of a player actually doing 43 points with a flamestrike. :/

In other words, most Dryad users are only swinging around 1.5-2 seconds for 50-60 or so points per hit? Oh... well that does seem a lot more balanced than I thought it was, now that you mentioned it... (noted sarcasm)

You're right, I must have forgotten to mention that. Sorry it slipped my mind in all my explaination. I guess it doesnt matter (as I did previously mention) that those spells your talking about are easily interruptable. Can we say, for the fun of it, that a mage casts FS and is interrupted by a 55 point critical mortal strike? Can a mage honestly cast against an archer with 45% HCI, with only two seconds between swings? What if there's someone on the archer's team casting weaken over and over on the target mage? Can you interrupt arrows?

This isn't about armour ignore... and also, I didn't take the time to read past that first sentence of this excerpt. Ignorance is bliss....

dimitrii

Wanderer

EDIT: An edit that somehow got reposted. To recap the edit: with 120 bushido 120 weapon skill 120 parry and 45 dci your oponent will deal damage only 30% of the time.

roly

Wanderer

Volodya said:
EDIT: An edit that somehow got reposted. To recap the edit: with 120 bushido 120 weapon skill 120 parry and 45 dci your oponent will deal damage only 30% of the time.

what mage in his right mind can fit 120 bushido AND 120 parry into his template? oh well, guess i have to drop resist and wrestling..

yes but unlike osi u need 80 dex to get the full effect of parry, this was canned on osi for a reason, along with the 2/6 cap on chiv if you have magery.

roly

Wanderer

prohunter33 said:
yes but unlike osi u need 80 dex to get the full effect of parry, this was canned on osi for a reason, along with the 2/6 cap on chiv if you have magery.

*thought the cap on chiv was 4/6*

kazzz

Wanderer

Resist and wrestling? Naw man, I'd drop Magery TBH...

Cause bro, they those archers can't hit me AT ALL!! LOLOL!!

YEAH!!!

xaxas

Wanderer

prohunter33 said:
1.i have 120eval 100scribe 140int and only do about 38 damage fs while the target is cursed.
2.exp has a 3 sec timer on it. First shot is instant so 3 shots later the exp still isnt off, and if all three hit ur dead. First hit para, second mortal, third 60 damage crit all before that 30 damage exp goes off.
3.how many mages have 120 weapon skill and 45 def to make u only hit 50%
4.OSI fixed the issue with crits and honor a week after they release the first pub. Ands its not just honor becuase i was hit for 55 damage vs a red bushido archer using dryad. I would hardly call this server an osi clone.
5.it is possible to 1.25 second swing with a 30ssi composite bow on demise.

About statement 1. totally impossible. Just do some tests with a guildmate or check the stratics spell dmg calculator. It clearly says "39-43" on 60 fire with exactly these skills in eval & inscription & 15 SDI. Either you dont have SDI or the target wasn't cursed.
about 3. And how many archers have 120 archery? I think they are even less in amount.
And last - how the hell did you deside its possible to swing at 1.25 with a 30 ssi bow on demise? Sure you can, if you have 210 stamina, which is surrealistical

And, just to respond to kaz about the "What if someone casts weaken": well, what if someone heals you with Gheals on 2 secs for 50+ dmg.