UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Where's the RP?

Fencermonkey

Sorceror
Where's the RP?

I've only been back for a little while but I'm having trouble finding any RPers about. I know about RPring and such but last time I went there, the latest posts were from a long time ago. Are there active RPers on Demise? Any of you play in Felucca or would be interested in it?

Two Wolves

Knight
Re: Where's the RP?

RP Day will resume on Saturday March 27th at Noon cdt. These meetings used to take place every week in the Heart Shaped Grove between Grazilda and the Litch ruins near Yew.

Pirates o' Minoc Bay, State of Yew and Undead are actively recruiting. With any luck they will send representatives to RP Day.

The new layout of RPRing has the link to latest posts conveniently located at the very bottom of the home page.

Today's active content

As you will see, there may not be new posts every day but there are a few posts every week if you know how to find them.

Luck to you sir.

Sintoo

Sorceror

Come down to Yew, have a drink, have a laugh....pay your tax!

The Webbadresses in those are wrong, but you get the picture...Yew is where it's to be had.
HUAH YEW! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Attachments

• recruitmentbannerx.jpg
    recruitmentbannerx.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 217
  • recruitmentbannerundead.jpg
    recruitmentbannerundead.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 212

Sintoo

Sorceror

I was thinking more in the line of our forums at State of Yew forums
And our webpage at State of Yew rather than the RPRING one.
But they're out of date, and need to be "repaired" and fixed up again.
That forum is getting on my nerves, lacks a sticky thread option and I can't seem to figure out how to add it.

Xej

Sorceror

i remember europa.. its good to see rp'ers here. i've played in BoC for years. also have an orc name xukruk.. thanks

jeremymcc

Sorceror

Hi,

I'm newish. I've actually got a pretty old account but never bothered training a character until now. Working on a paladin I might role play with. Which brings me to the title question. Where's the RP?

BrotherDon

Sorceror

Have people made a new alliance or something? Im fairly active on my character in the evil guild which is or was in an alliance with pretty much all the rp guilds and i never hear anyone talking anymore.

oh I see the alliance changed and Im allied with orcs now!

Selkie

Sorceror

I made a pirate guild about a year ago and had some good times with the Wolf Clan and Drow and some others, but it seems like recently none of them play anymore.

I've seen some recruitment attempts by Yew and saw an Evil guy on the other day. I frequently stop by the old RP zones (the RP meeting house by the orc fort in Yew and the pasture that used to be Drow/Wolf), but it seems to me that most of the older RP guilds are gone.

I would love for more RP activity to pick up and for things like RP battles and RP scenarios to come up again, but all of that requires people and interest, two things that either don't currently exist on Demise or are at least not blatantly present.

Catnip

Sorceror

I would like to see more activity as well. I've stopped by the grove a few times. Never anyone there. I'll keep watching to see if anything starts up again.

WarUO

Sorceror

The little bit of us left are still here and active. The major hit to the alliance was nobody could respect each others ideas. The State of Yew is active and getting new members fairly often.

BrotherDon

Sorceror

I was probably the evil guy you saw, that character is Manic Monday, though I left since no ones in that guild or alliance anymore.

Were you the yew guard I met at luna gate earlier today?

Is there a new alliance or is it just basicly yew has its own guild? if possible would be nice to be able to be in an alliance where I could see whos online, but whatever

Catnip

Sorceror

WarUO;759085 said:
The little bit of us left are still here and active. The major hit to the alliance was nobody could respect each others ideas. The State of Yew is active and getting new members fairly often.

Could you or someone post when people are on and where they are? That has been the biggest challenge.

Catnip

Sorceror

BrotherDon;759148 said:
I was probably the evil guy you saw, that character is Manic Monday, though I left since no ones in that guild or alliance anymore.

Were you the yew guard I met at luna gate earlier today?

Is there a new alliance or is it just basicly yew has its own guild? if possible would be nice to be able to be in an alliance where I could see whos online, but whatever

Create your own guild, then make an alliance.
I'm thinking about making a guild for that very reason. Just so I can be in the alliance and see when people are on!

jeremymcc

Sorceror

Do you guys have some kind of council that decides on rules, events to be played out, scheduled events, settle disputes, etc?

Selkie

Sorceror

That would be really nice if we did.

For a long time Two Wolves (leader of the Wolf clan, if you couldn't tell) sort of ran everything, including rpring.com, and he was incredibly dedicated the RP community. I haven't seen him around or heard from him in awhile so maybe he finally succumbed to inactivity.

As it stands, however, just having several events and activities for people to get involved in might be worthwhile and would pique interest in RP here on Demise again.

A lot of the older RP guilds took the stance that GM armor and weapons only were allowed, thereby outlawing arties and powerscrolls in an attempt to make RP an easier arena for newer players to become involved in. While that's a great idea, I fear that by doing that, the RP characters were then unable to do PvM to a great extent. But as to the solution to that, I'm not sure.

Like I said, I still have a Pirate Guild and while I seem to be the only active one in it anymore, I'd be more than willing to quit its current Alliance and convert it to a newer RP Alliance if anyone is willing to create it and/or newer, more active RP guilds.

Once again it seems like there's interest from a few of us, but it all depends on if we're even on at the same times of day and if anyone wants to roam around in character in populated areas and hosting events like duels (the RP grove has a nice dueling pit, by the way) and scheduled, RP-appropriate battles.

My first experience with Demise RP was witnessing (from a stealthed character) the battle between the Drow and Wolves at Skara Brae over a year ago. More activities like that would be great.

WarUO

Sorceror

You would be very suprised as how far gm armor and weapons get you. The State of Yew has many times traveled to the lands of Ilsh and four of us stood strong against a Balron and won the battle. It makes everything more interesting instead of running around one hit killing half the monsters you encounter. I would also suggest not having a leader of the alliance you would be better off with each guild making there own rules. Then before you interact with other guilds talk to their guild leaders and work somthing out. Everything goes alot smoother when everyone agrees on a single cause. When the Drow invaded Skara Brae it was the most active I have ever seen the alliance in the two years I have been here. We had members from many of the guilds on both sides participating in the three part battle. Many people enjoyed the battles and could not wait for more while others hated it and felt it should not have been done. Anyways like I said the downfall of the alliance was people not agreeing on things.

Selkie

Sorceror

I've played orcs on various servers where I had crap for armor/weapons and still managed to stay in the game, so I don't doubt what you're saying.

When some players just want to pvp or pvm with really nice armor and weapons, however, they then have to make another character that's not involved in the RP guild, and I think in that case said player becomes less enthused about RPing with a less impressive character.

No, this is not everyone. The true roleplayers couldn't care less what kind of equipment their character has, since it's the interactions with others that makes it worthwhile for us.

Not having a leader to the alliance would be fantastic, but I still think a council would need to be in charge of the RP community. Of course this is all just speculative and for all we know the four or five of us commenting here are the only ones who care.

BrotherDon

Sorceror

Yea, I played for years without anything other than GM exceptional gear before I tried demise and ML rule set.

You can kill just about anything, its just more difficult and more of a challenge. I know yew are forbidden from magic, but I was soloing 4th floor shame with a parry mace tactics warrior back when bandages too 8 seconds regardless of dex, there was no easy stat gain, my 75 str 40 dex was legendary (back when str was 1:1 with hp, so yes I had 75hp). it just requires a different kind of play style, also kind of the entire point of an rp character is the interaction with others, so you would theoretically have someone backing you up.

But youre right, its silly to play on an ML server and deny yourself most of the ML items, which leads to people making alts outside of the RP circle, which leads to less people being in the alliance / around online where other RPers can find them etc. not everyone is like that, but a lot are, I know I am.

Sure you can make an alt and stop by yew for an hour on the weekend, that would be great and is better than nothing, but it doesnt really help to establish a presence.

I dont know what the solution is however. it seems a little out of character to have a yew guard that cant speak proper english weilding a firey red halberd that causes explosions and fireballs everytime it hits something. Not sure where or what could be compromised.

that said I would love to get back in on some roleplaying.

I dont think the problem was so much that half the people wouldnt adhere to yew's RP code so much as half the people in the alliance didnt have any idea what RP was and did not care. Maybe just rebuild the alliance and try to be more selective about who is let into it. Even if there arent people sitting in the yew tavern 24/7 , just being able to log on ant say hello in alliance and have someone respond goes a long way.