UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What monster gives the best loot?

Guarany

Wanderer
What monster gives the best loot?

I got this doubt since i started here... without count the monsters from doom, cause there is impossible to loot before the auto-looters 60ms :eek:! só, in the shard, have some strong monster that gives a good loot?
i'm thinking that the best could be the Ancient Wrym Paragon...
any other?

Re: What monster gives the best loot?

the loot is almost always the same; and about ancient wrym paragons, it is not the first time that it has absolutly no item worth looting{actually, i only once looted an item from an aw paragon, from the total 7 me and a friend killed}

so, your best bet is probably somewere were the spawn is high, and the creatures are somewaht strong, such as a fast dragon spawn or demon spawn{more kills, better chance for something nice}

Well, provided you've got a ping of under ~200 miliseconds, it's actually possible to get loot in the gauntlet without an auto-looter, and quite easily. I'd judge that most of the saps that have to use an auto-looted only ever wait until people drag the dark fathers in, and they kill the DF, auto-loot it, and then wait for another. You have far fewer people taking on the mini-bosses, and they happen to drop comparable loot to a dark father. Even still, I've gotten some nice items off of dark fathers.

Aside from that, don't hold your breath on Paragons. The intensity of the magic items they drop is clearly inferior to that of doom monsters... And they tend to be harder, as well as rarer.

Windows Dark said:
If you are using a luck suit, it might help. ;)
Was that directed to me? I do use a luck suit; may mage's suit is a combination of LMC, luck, LRC, and some resists.

nemnoch

Sorceror

For such powerful monsters, Ancient Wyrms have absolutely horrible loot. I have gotten things like luck 1 or stealth +2 jewels off AW paragons. The only place I have gotten decent loot in in Gaunt - and only then I was very lucky to get anything before all the autolooters.

Glasgowx

Wanderer

The best was the early days of this shard. You used to get like 18%lrc stuff off rats and skeletons. :)

Lucifall

Knight

Harrower, but absolutely NO ONE go do him with a tamer in a luck suit.

Lucifall said:
Harrower, but absolutely NO ONE go do him with a tamer in a luck suit.

actually, when people summon harrower, there are usually 10 tamers in luck suits :p as well as a bunch of other archers and mages hehe. but seriously, i dont think that anyone will consider doing a harrower for its loot lol, just the stat scrolls

The mini-bosses of the guantlet drop just as good loot as the dark fathers, it's just that they don't drop quite as many items. But since there are ALWAYS going to be fewer people doing the mini-bosses than the dark fathers, your pull will actually be about the same; as opposed to 3-5 tamers for each dark father, you'll have one, and MAYBE two, tamers sicking their hiryus on the mini-bosses, along with perhaps 2-4 archers/mages.

Lucifall

Knight

Lol, really? I swear i always saw just mages/archers. And a tamer healing with g-heal.

Lucifall said:
Lol, really? I swear i always saw just mages/archers. And a tamer healing with g-heal.
Against the mini-bosses? If you didn't see a hiryu on hand, then the tema was probably losing; I've TRIED to fight such bosses without a pet tank; it's effectively impossible. Even with a 100% success rate for any 8th circle spell, you can't cast fast enough to keep the things tanked.

Such archers/mages you saw were probably praying that a tamer would come in quick.

Lucifall said:
Nah, on the harrys :p
Sorry, I mis-understood, then. :p

To be honest, I've never tried the harrower. Perhaps because I've never gone champion hunting in Felucca; I'd need to be in a guild for that. (or be an archer-paladin with a Horselord... >_>)

Lucifall

Knight

Horselord sucks. Bow of the Juka King FTW. Somehow i do more damage with the second one lol, and juka is defensive and more accurate.

Lucifall said:
Horselord sucks. Bow of the Juka King FTW. Somehow i do more damage with the second one lol, and juka is defensive and more accurate.
Specifically, I meant against dragons; there it does so much damage I consider it cheap; Even my mage, with a pair of EVs, using Energy Bolt spam (2/4) and a reptile slayer book and 9% SDI, I often FAIL to get loot rights from them, if someone like that shows up against a skeletal dragon.

From what I've heard, someone like that can easily SOLO the "cold blood" spawn.

Lucifall

Knight

Yes, i'm one, and you cant solo cold blood with a pally/archer. Whan ophidians starts to spawn... its a fireworks show, you see every kind of spell on your char, my ping increases by 60ms whan they start casting on me lol. Its plainly insane. I like horselord, but because of the safety of juka, i choose the second one.
Ah... without anatomy (50 DI ), Lucifall does 150-240 damage to dragons with horselord, my friends got pissed and i stopped using it for a bit lol

Lucifall said:
Yes, i'm one, and you cant solo cold blood with a pally/archer. Whan ophidians starts to spawn... its a fireworks show, you see every kind of spell on your char, my ping increases by 60ms whan they start casting on me lol. Its plainly insane. I like horselord, but because of the safety of juka, i choose the second one.
Ah... without anatomy (50 DI ), Lucifall does 150-240 damage to dragons with horselord, my friends got pissed and i stopped using it for a bit lol
Actually, from what I heard, Anatomy only provides a 20% damage bonus at GM level... It's almost as bad as Inscription! (10% at GM, 4.95% at 99%, and so less)

At any rate, I forgot about the ophidians... But I think Riktor becomes rather easy using a Horselord...

Lucifall

Knight

Indeed, Rikktor is easily soloed by one horselord archer. Just need to use consecrate weapon and spam lightning strike... he will go down in like... 10 seconds?

And Btw... do you got msn Nottheking? (And remove the "not" from your name, would make it more realistic lol)