UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

what is the separating factors in the quality of fel pvp guilds?

this is my understanding of the 3 main fel pvp guilds

8/barcode are generally considered to have the best quality players but have always needed to employ a secondary meat shield guild like 1%ers to pad their numbers while maintaining quality of the real tag. these meat shield guilds will consider themselves barcode but everyone knows they arent really, the main guys have too much ego to be on the same tag, even cucumber jim has to be on different tag from the good players

'',,/OATH have a lot of good players and usually win fights but its often contributed to zerg numbers. they dont have any kind of organization and will add anybody

Hz probably get beat down the most but talk the biggest game. they are well organized but think zerging a choke point battle or chaining spawns in secret makes them good at uo. they are scared to fight unless outnumbering 3 to 1 and bola ganking you

this is just the feel I get of the general consensus i see. my question is what do you think the factors are that make one of these guilds better than the other two or make one of them the weakest?

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Good question and one I wish the other guilds listed would consider for themselves from time to time.

We as a group (8), have decided that OATH takes whoever we've declined to add but are too proud to join HZ. And HZ is motivated by pixels instead of power or prestige. It is not because of my inclusion in the Barcode ranks that I say we are the strongest. That reasoning is solely based on the fact that we are willing to show up, no matter the odds, until we've won or the enemy calls it quits. So in the end we are always the last men standing.

mytilus

Sorceror
Wrong on more than one account but i will cover the most obvious...

a) The only reason you don't see barcode house hiding anymore (with low numbers) is because your brit house is now owned by chun. Now maybe it wasn't you personally but there was always plenty of other barcodes hiding in there waiting for you or bile or whoever to care enough to log in and play.

b) Not sure what you mean by power and prestige but brit gate fighting as a whole is pretty pointless, i would much rather fight over a spawn or a harrower. Alvin/Ramax did a lot to spur pvp by spawning baracoons and posting on forums etc etc, my hats off to them for that.

c) As long as i can remember its always been Hz vs the shard alliance with the barcode 'elitists' pretty much doing their thing when they feel like it and when they aren't busy playing other games, the only thing that really changes is whether or not barcode is playing and the name of the guild/guilds of said shard alliance... 303/2ltq/}${, SiN, RioT, OATH, next?

d) The only guild to ever really show up no matter what, like you are talking about is china.

e) china > all other demise guilds, damn i miss those clowns.

Bile

Knight
8/Barcode

It's a respectable observation. It's how I'd assume one from the outside would perceive us. Though, if you want reasons for why we do, what we do, I'll point some out;
  • In regards to having allied groups - We did this in the past to organize the miscellaneous stragglers around Felucca and other places to instil a backbone for the harsh reality that Felucca has to offer. The majority of the time most people get removed and set free on their own, but every once in awhile we get people like Ohen and Rayth who truly grasp what being an ego-less player really is. In regards to [1%er]'s, they are people who I've come to know over the years - They haven't disrespected my generosity and well, they are pretty damn cool people, so I support them in whatever they wish to do, be it here or there.
  • Guild names or affiliation doesn't mean anything to us; its only a means of easily avoiding area damage. Whether we are all in one guild, all in separate guilds and allied, or not in a guild at all. There is no statement to be made when we choose what guild we are in. Jim's bad, but Jim doesn't care.
  • I've never understood the ego rush. I've personally never had the desire to prove to myself or others that I'm better in anyway. The most I've come to expressing such desire are to the people with the preconceived notion that I do have an ego. So those people get a double-dose for their ignorance. Truthfully, I only enjoy battling my enemies whom I haven't spoken to - these are the most respectable people in the game. I wont ever forget, there was a man in Zen. named Marcedes who had a real hatred towards me, not because of his personal interaction with me, but because the rumors my enemies had spread; "I don't like the way you talk to people.". This was settled by a good 7 duels in a row infront of his home and the end result of the battle; "You know man, your not a bad guy. Way better than I am, no wonder people hate you." Needless to say, a few weeks later he joined our guild and turned from an enemy with a preconceived notion that I'm a gigantic asshole for no reason to a strong guildmate that I wouldn't mind working with again.
What makes us unique as a guild is our inability to surrender. The majority of the player base happens to be driven by the collection of items and once those are off the table, *blink* their gone. This is quite a common thing, considering we are AoS+ and items are a major deal so you cannot fault anyone directly for playing as such. Though, disregarding the competition aspect of the game can really hurt the population you may very well wish to fight in the end. It's sadly reached to the point where we know exactly what we are to get out of people. I've sat outside too many guild houses, too many gates, and offered too many even numbered fights to realize what there is to offer. It's a shame others aren't motivated by raw combat.

Wise words from Brother Paul:
LOL87.jpg

As far i can come into this ,

Barcode is indeed not a easy cake to defeat , Altho we have manage to defeat them quiet a few times , |Oath guild|

Speaking of the meatbags or the meatshield ... i guess every pvp guild has that ....

Hz in my eyes is just ALOT shittalking , bitching to 1v1 , if you agree then you will get killed by some of them archer stelthers, if you decline your the pussy on UO , alot of Ego inthere beside from Bolanren there is not realy a good pvper
( and yes iv seen some videos of Hz ,and the only thing i like is the conversation , how they sync drop on ppl ) Myself , am not the best pvper , and i know that , but ppl talk to much shit ingame

none mentioned LOLZ? or are these considered as trammel guild now??: Lolz don't trip on there ego , if they die they accept it , no other bullshit arround it ,if they kill you they don't realy talk crap/nonsence thats what i like about them
Go britgate ... look for 1 Hz , look the shit they talk to you it makes me lol , and oh lord if you die .... even more garbage comming out .

Then again Oath defeated Lolz , Hz, Barcode, but so did the other guilds, you can't win constantly or lose .

i try to see the fun in it , without the crap arround it . at the end , just pixels and some ppl who are looking for fun .

Uomvp

Knight
Barcode and 1%ers are basically 1 guild, we win together and we lose together. Guild tags really doesn't mean shit in the end. Guilds are suppose to be friends who have fun playing a game together plain and simple. Anyone who goes further into "well you're a meat shield guild and we don't want to be directly affiliated with you" (meaning the same tag) then you just need to uninstall this game and go play WOW.
I play every game with 1 philosophy "have fun or don't play". So fuck guild titles and all that crap; go play with your friends and have fun or don't play.

I had a lot of fun fighting HZ at the castle. I eventually left at 130 when the eyes were closing. I killed a few people and I died a few times but overall it was a good night of fighting.

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
What I'll never understand. ... is how in the age of AOS, groups choose to dodge fights.

Insurance cost is nothing. Half of your suit is blessed. Why is PVP not more enthusiastically sought after? It's practically impossible to actually lose anything of value. Unless it's your online ego at stake or something, which. ... On a game this old shouldn't be an issue.

raveX

Page
Great thread...especially for someone looking to get into the PvP scene.

From an outsiders point of view, a lot of you have a general lack of respect for one another, though. All the name calling, accusations, hate, etc. flying around on these boards is a bit off-putting and perhaps is the reason the PvP community is not as large as it could be. I have thick enough skin to laugh it off if directed towards me, but commonsense tells me that others that don't like the verbal abuse will avoid the scene because it is commonplace. I at least hope you have some level of appreciation for one another, simply for the fact that you have someone out there to PvP. Perhaps if you sprinkled more respect for one another around, your community would grow a lot more.

But perhaps I just haven't been around long enough to hate any of you:

raveX post count 20: "Let's all just get along...Why yes, you have a good point...Thank you for bringing that to my attention...I am sorry if I offended you"
raveX post count 666: "STFU you whore!!!...YOU ARE A FUCKTARD!!...I hope you have a spike driven up your peen hole" and apparently "GOATS!!"

Hopefully it doesn't come to that! :D Ultimately, my one rule for PVP is just this... there are no rules so don't bitch.

Standing outside of a house calling a house-hider a "PUSSY-BITCH" is not helping your cause. Seriously, who responds well to that?
Yelling "PUSSY-BITCHES" to the group that just 3v1 ganked me...you mean you never ganked anyone before? I don't believe you if you said no.
Etc..
Etc...

Hate breeds hate people.

I am willing to bet most of you who hate each other are not so bad in RL. But the anonymity that the inter-webs provides allows for us to be assholes to one another without consequences. It is unfortunate that we do this.

Chumley

Sorceror

hickman48

Knight
From an outsiders point of view, a lot of you have a general lack of respect for one another, though. All the name calling, accusations, hate, etc..

Its all an ego thing pretty sad how most people act most of the time i will rez someone iv fought and killed and the fight is over so they can go about there way be it restocking to come back or just off screening to med up, but then there is the second group of people who just act like asshats 24/7 they can walk to a healer or gate.

Also avoid shit talk most of the time unless someone runs their mouth at some point in the fight or after they have died then they get placed in the second group and i get a laugh.

how in the age of age of shadows.... crazy..... ill never understand that either.

RIP in peace.

Tempest

Knight
this is my understanding of the 3 main fel pvp guilds

8/barcode are generally considered to have the best quality players but have always needed to employ a secondary meat shield guild like 1%ers to pad their numbers while maintaining quality of the real tag. these meat shield guilds will consider themselves barcode but everyone knows they arent really, the main guys have too much ego to be on the same tag, even cucumber jim has to be on different tag from the good players

'',,/OATH have a lot of good players and usually win fights but its often contributed to zerg numbers. they dont have any kind of organization and will add anybody

Hz probably get beat down the most but talk the biggest game. they are well organized but think zerging a choke point battle or chaining spawns in secret makes them good at uo. they are scared to fight unless outnumbering 3 to 1 and bola ganking you

this is just the feel I get of the general consensus i see. my question is what do you think the factors are that make one of these guilds better than the other two or make one of them the weakest?

My consensus as an Hz member, and also a previous member of the core USA (Bile, Paul, Jim, Rayth, Reefer, Yaz and his brother), not so much Ohen:

USA/8/BC: Great as a group (the core), 2 of which are of the best I've played against on this server. Hardly lose even numbered fights, and never back down to fight. This doesn't mean they don't lose. The 'meat shields' are more or less just that, but they are bettering themselves and know it through the help of Bile and whomever want to see their guild maintain their 'elitist' stature. Some, if not all like to talk shit, but pvpers are competitors with egos and talking shit comes hand in hand with pvp. This doesn't mean some of them are bad people. Truthfully I've known Bile to be one of the best people I've met on Demise, Paul and Jim included (may have been a scammer but don't be a dumbass, so you won't get scammed). Reefer's still a jackass though. This guild is always seeking pvp.

OATH: I haven't joined their ranks to really get to know any of them, but I can tell they're probably the most disorganized group of the 3 you named. Alvin is a pretty cool guy, have pvped with him once or twice when Hz was undergoing it's weird deconstruction phase. Galder has always been a pretty cool person before I left the server, glad to see him playing on a mage now. They have a hefty amount of able bodied pvpers, including some of the better pvpers on the server to help maintain the balance of a 3 way fight between Hz, OATH, and BC; although most times it comes down to the server vs Hz because of numbers. Will spawn to create fights, but for some reason I haven't seen them spawn any Harrowers.. =[

Hz: Most of us are more or less suited and scrolled already. Our main goal is to spawn to create a fight, I don't care much for Brit Gate fighting but fighting over Harrowers and spawns and occasionally IDOCs is one of the main reasons why I still pvp. From an egotistical standpoint; of the fights I've been in, we hardly lose a spawn/raid/anti harry raid, so I don't know what you mean by us getting beat down the most ;). Just like USA/8/BC, the core group is a close knit group. Although our teamwork isn't as solid as Barcode's, we still continue to find a way to get the job done. To be completely unbiased; Hz is the only guild to actually attempt Harrowers on the regular now that China is gone.

raveX

Page

So, I watched the video that MB posted for the IDOC fight the other night (most of it anyway). From what I saw, Hz was fighting outnumbered for a large portion of it, they never went running off to hide in a house, I never saw them throw a bola, yet were being bola'd themselves the entire time...

All of which contradicts your statements on them, whether those are your opinions or just a collection of opinions you gathered from the boards. From the video, it was clear to me they were simply there for the fight. I was also there that night at the IDOC camping a stealther hoping to score something of value (I didn't...I got garbage). I saw at times, solo HZ guys broken off from the main group fighting outnumbered. Not saying the other guilds were not as well, but just trying to back HZ from the negative comments.

I don't even know anyone in Hz, so I am not biased here. Hell, they even killed me occasionally that night.

Lithium66

Sorceror
1% ers was created prior to barcodes unbanning and no there are no core barcode members but halpo started in usa and myself and cuemif started in hz/stop caring which was 6-7 years ago then we have champion/will/brez/suess/nemesis which came to barcode prior to the big banning and the only two members we have that were not barcode are goober and sephiroth which were brought from two different servers.

We created this guild due to i was able to contact old friends and get them back here to play. After we created this guild I really started harping on jim/bile and the rest to come back after I seen the ban amnesty and fortunantly after all that was done to them they came back { big miracle } As I thought it would take alot longer than it did to convince them.

They created 8 and slowly trickled onto the battlefield. They re not as active as they once were but im just thankful they even came back to be honest as I have alotta laughs playing with them.

Pretty easy to call us meatshields when all of us are farming daily to get gear etc to compete.

When we are all on which is a very rare occasion ,in fact the only time it happened so far was when we raided and took hz's harrower a while back.

Most of barcode was stripped of their wealth and the ones that didnt had their house fall and lose everything due to a bullshit change in housing so for any of you to even be fighting us this early is a small miracle to be honest.

Hz in my eyes is just ALOT shittalking , bitching to 1v1 , if you agree then you will get killed by some of them archer stelthers, if you decline your the pussy on UO , alot of Ego inthere beside from Bolanren there is not realy a good pvper
( and yes iv seen some videos of Hz ,and the only thing i like is the conversation , how they sync drop on ppl ) Myself , am not the best pvper , and i know that , but ppl talk to much shit ingame
Sorry our 1v1s were interrupted by some of the more immature stealthers around the gate. But I don't believe I shit talked at all, infact usually I res whoever actually sticks around to 1v1 without racing for the nearest house.

My brother hasn't played in 8 years or so lol..
It's ok, he probably meant cousin. I believe I made that same mistake at one point.