UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What is best pvp char

[Drakull]

Knight
Not just any miner... my uber pvp template is as follows:

Mining 100 (+5 gloves of mining).
Lumberjacking 100
Fishing 100
Cartography 100
Magery 100 (just to recall)
Hiding 100 (will surprise you and kill you when you don't expect him)
Forensic Evaluation 100 (so I can tell if you died because I killed you or because you had a heart attack when you saw me appearing after you).

Pbguy434 said:
Uhh, right?

I seem to be able to hold my own against everyone I have faced. Even if I have lost - it took them a while to take me down.
YES everyone with damn 200 dex can hold his own ... that's why all that sux .. i mean no offece but if the heal time is capped (I don't say cap it I'm just telling my oppinion ...) PvP will be very interesting ... not like now... get some stuff ... you get 200 dex noone can kill you and you thing that you are the best ... that is no good believe me ... I don't know is the healtime capped in the OSI shards ... I haven't even played there ... but i know how interesting is a duel when you don't rely only on the bandages ... (or SS only) About your teamplate well it sux a lot ... i won't even tell you why ... you must know why ... well that's all i wanted to say ... i hope there is at least 1 person that agrees me :)

tetsujin said:
YES everyone with damn 200 dex can hold his own ... that's why all that sux .. i mean no offece but if the heal time is capped (I don't say cap it I'm just telling my oppinion ...) PvP will be very interesting ... not like now... get some stuff ... you get 200 dex noone can kill you and you thing that you are the best ... that is no good believe me ... I don't know is the healtime capped in the OSI shards ... I haven't even played there ... but i know how interesting is a duel when you don't rely only on the bandages ... (or SS only) About your teamplate well it sux a lot ... i won't even tell you why ... you must know why ... well that's all i wanted to say ... i hope there is at least 1 person that agrees me :)
Well about capping the heal time - I completely agree, and if I'm not mistaken earlier there was a cap of like 4 seconds or something. Hell, if I'm not mistaken 2 sec heal is not a limit... I'll tell even more - it is possible to create a character with 1 sec heal. Now that's not the way of pvp, that's for sure :mad: . And about that template you are discussing (of Pbguy434), in my opinion the only thing he has done wrong with this template is having focus insted of parrying... Imo focus has no place in pvp, and parrying gives you extra protection against everyone and, more importantly, with combination of 100 poisoning and 100 (120 in our case) fencing it allows to perform special moves with lower mana price. It will be -10 mana from all special moves... + add lmc and you have your specials on a very very low mana price. The only thing about this is... You will actually need helm of insight. Without it you'll be low on mana, and nox dexxer depends on mana much more than an archer dexxer, imo. And if you'll wear a helm of insight you'll have to reject hunters headdress. Well, anyway, nox dexxer is by far the strongest pvp templates, rivaled only by a maxed out mage, in my opinion. Thanks for the attention :)

Kargoth said:
Well about capping the heal time - I completely agree, and if I'm not mistaken earlier there was a cap of like 4 seconds or something. Hell, if I'm not mistaken 2 sec heal is not a limit... I'll tell even more - it is possible to create a character with 1 sec heal. Now that's not the way of pvp, that's for sure :mad: . And about that template you are discussing (of Pbguy434), in my opinion the only thing he has done wrong with this template is having focus insted of parrying... Imo focus has no place in pvp, and parrying gives you extra protection against everyone and, more importantly, with combination of 100 poisoning and 100 (120 in our case) fencing it allows to perform special moves with lower mana price. It will be -10 mana from all special moves... + add lmc and you have your specials on a very very low mana price. The only thing about this is... You will actually need helm of insight. Without it you'll be low on mana, and nox dexxer depends on mana much more than an archer dexxer, imo. And if you'll wear a helm of insight you'll have to reject hunters headdress. Well, anyway, nox dexxer is by far the strongest pvp templates, rivaled only by a maxed out mage, in my opinion. Thanks for the attention :)

Why cap the heal time? That would be like breaking In Mani...

MAGES CAN'T CAST IN MANI AND CORP POR AT ONE TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT YOU CAN SHOOT/RUN/HEAL !!!!! THAT'S NOT PVP Sorry dor the caps but i'm pissed cuz if there is cap in healing you'll die in a 4-5 seconds !

[Drakull]

Knight
tetsujin said:
MAGES CAN'T CAST IN MANI AND CORP POR AT ONE TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT YOU CAN SHOOT/RUN/HEAL !!!!! THAT'S NOT PVP Sorry dor the caps but i'm pissed cuz if there is cap in healing you'll die in a 4-5 seconds !

I never saw any rule that was forbidding mages from healing themselves with healing instead of using spells....I though that bandages were also working on mages, maybe I was wrong.....

Sir Tristan

Wanderer
You know tetsujin, you might want to settle down a little. This isn't really something that should be getting you so upset.

But to answer some of your points. First, you're correct that a mage can't cast In Mani and do other things at the same time. A mage can however wait until they red line, and then cast In Mani at a ridiculous speed until there health is back. Then continue the fight.

Second, Pbguy doesn't have 200 Dex. No where near it, but his template does do a good job.

Thank you come again.

tetsujin its realy not hard to get 200dex one week in gaunt and 1day in tokuno and ur at 180without pots... mkay?
Trust me its being dexxer aint that ez as u think lol and there are very very few that can even be called good dexxers on this shard maybe 5-6 and one quit.

SlipTongue69 said:
Why cap the heal time? That would be like breaking In Mani...
Well... Yeah that has a point but in mani is actually capped by two things. First of all, as it was already mentioned, it requires to actually cancel all other actions (such as attacking, which already is vital... healing yourself with magery allows your opponent to do the same w/o any particalar threat of being attacked and no interruptions for bandages, that is about 40 hp for 2 sec). Second, it requires a lot more time to heal yourself completely with in mani than bandaging, although average damage healed over time is almost equal to healing with bandages because of interruptions. So yes, guess that healing with magery is not far worse than heal with bandages, although it has a few minor drawbacks...
Drakull said:
I never saw any rule that was forbidding mages from healing themselves with healing instead of using spells....I though that bandages were also working on mages, maybe I was wrong....
Well, about this, with good template you will barely have place for heal/anatomy, although in "street" fights, healer mages are quite good. Yet again, skill and stat caps will not allow you to do a good healer mage, he'll barely be as good as a focused (w/o heal I mean) mage, imo.

pbguy434

Knight
Sir Tristan said:
Second, Pbguy doesn't have 200 Dex. No where near it, but his template does do a good job.
Yea, I am so close to breaking that 4 second heal mark. 139 dex, 4 sec heals are 140.

And focus over parrying...Because mana goes up sooooo slow without it. I do actually think it makes a little difference. Between poison, then bleed, and another poison, I am out of special moves.

And for the record I am not complaining. But I can see why parrying would ber eally nice, and I really do wish I can add it into my template.

Look it's just an advice ... get rid of that focus and get some parry ... and find some armor with mana regen ... 100 focus = 5 mana regen not too much :) and for stamina drink refresh pots ... It's better for you when your infect costs 5 mana bleed 20 mana than having bigger mana regen ... you'll find the difference. I've played as poisoner (SW and fence) so i know what am I talking about ... and for combo specials - never start with infect ;)

pbguy434

Knight
I'll give parrying a try. Not like it would be hard to drop it for focus again is I wanted to. And...Parrying lowers the mana needed for special moves?

Oh...And I always bleed before infect :) .

Hmm Fence+Parry+poison = - 10 mana to all special moves ... What weapon are you using i'm curious what weapon are you using that have blees and infect (cleaver is for sw ...)

pbguy434

Knight
I switch around from War Fork to a Kryss. It seems to work real nice.

And it only took like 1.5 hours to GM parrying, heh.

pbguy434

Knight
Nosgoth said:
1.5 .. wow :) I GMed it for less than 20 mins.
I went through like...5 shields. And when I realized that I should go to Yew Pens to get 9 sheep (on top of my 5 rabbits) on me I already hit 80.

But that 1.5 hours includes me realizing I didn't have a shield equppied after those darn rabbits broke it.