UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What are you more interested in?

What guild would intrigue you more?

• Strict Military Society. Craftsmen must have fighting skills.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • A Feudalism Society. Example: England in the era in the movie Braveheart.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • City based guild. Culture and Society developed for the success of one city.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Guild based around all of Britannia This would be relying on alt characters

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • A band of adventurers

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • None of these sound interesting

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vek

Sorceror
Re: What are you more interested in?

plague_spores;1936862 said:
I think all we need is one really well established good/neutral guild based in the rp city. All of the evil guilds have entries right by their guild houses that lead to the city. So i think if a good guild was going well you would see orcs, savages, vamp/und make a come back since they all have direct access to the huge good guild.

Doesnt even have to be one guild. Can have a guard guild, thief guild, merchant guild all having a role within the city promoting rp and then evil guilds can raid the city.

The potential is already here. It is up to the playerbase as it always was; however, whenever great potential stares at the rpers not enough people have the balls to lead and get things going.

I agree with this.

plague_spores;1936862 said:
I think all we need is one really well established good/neutral guild based in the rp city.

Grd will most likely be there however each established and seer/community approved RP guild should have a 10x10 "within" the RP city.

While these house can even be seer owned with only the GM's and co-GM's Co-owned. the the decoration of the build to be in the similar archeticture of the town buildings as a whole.

this way we could in fact be within the RP town and comfortable without having fear of Greifers as much as being out in the open.

As being so close to our own GH's, it is still a death trap to go into that city, greifers rolls through abotu every hour, and us being an on foot guild it doesn't really help however if each and i'll say again each Seer/Community approved and established guild has a 10x10 there within the citythe RP guild would feel alot more secure living and striving "IN" the city.

It has always annoyed me the fact you can go to any city in all of the UO world but you can't buy or rent city buildings.

Vek

Sorceror

Well thats how the old RP island was operated. The guild houses werent really used then the RP community went COMPLETELY inactive and all of the houses on the island fell.

Imbus? In Imbus the houses were seperated by screens upon screens and everyone wanted to train or patrol in fel byt the RP town here is in fel and include NPC buildings and NPC merchants without town pro.

If I was given a 10x10 in the RP town i'd dump my current guild house and move my guild there.

Vek

Sorceror

Well i think, just to make sure this one wouldn't fail again, that your house would have to serve more of a purpose than just a guild house. For example, a player run tavern on the first floor. Or something to that affect. That way when your guild is not there to use it is still serves a role in the island and isn't just a stand alone building.

Lord Coldiron;1936937 said:
Grd will most likely be there however each established and seer/community approved RP guild should have a 10x10 "within" the RP city.

While these house can even be seer owned with only the GM's and co-GM's Co-owned. the the decoration of the build to be in the similar archeticture of the town buildings as a whole.

this way we could in fact be within the RP town and comfortable without having fear of Greifers as much as being out in the open.

As being so close to our own GH's, it is still a death trap to go into that city, greifers rolls through abotu every hour, and us being an on foot guild it doesn't really help however if each and i'll say again each Seer/Community approved and established guild has a 10x10 there within the citythe RP guild would feel alot more secure living and striving "IN" the city.

It has always annoyed me the fact you can go to any city in all of the UO world but you can't buy or rent city buildings.

That is called greed and any leader whom think that they need a house some place to rp even with griefers around is setting their guild up for failure.

The time of staff giving rpers houses on and at seer built locations is over... This is because they have done it many many times in the past and no one utilizes it.

Learn how to use the city and you do not need to worry about griefers. I mean come on make some hotkeys for the words of power to travel to good guild locations. Most take you to guard zone. Brit, trinsic and yew guard zones. If griefers come and are overthrowing you retreat to guard zone with the push of a button.

Enough excuses people! The only reason the community fails is because of the community itself. The reason why your guild fails or will fail is because of your own self! It is not failing because of griefers or the lack of handouts/support from staff.

I have never seen a grief squad of more then 7 griefers at the island at a time. Any organized good guild can easily take them out. It comes down to experience as a leader and as an rper on hybrid.

You of all people should know this since you around for the Tenebrae II day's.

krump_king

Sorceror

Its true :/ Grd could easily take Garrison on the Islands haha i would love to do some RP on it :)

Vek

Sorceror

I think it would be cool if they set up tactics like the orcs and vowed to defend the city. Hell if you did a good job with that id join all out.

I already said i would use my resources to support them and provide rp interaction and events for them.

plague_spores;1937239 said:
That is called greed and any leader whom think that they need a house some place to rp even with griefers around is setting their guild up for failure.

The time of staff giving rpers houses on and at seer built locations is over... This is because they have done it many many times in the past and no one utilizes it.

Learn how to use the city and you do not need to worry about griefers. I mean come on make some hotkeys for the words of power to travel to good guild locations. Most take you to guard zone. Brit, trinsic and yew guard zones. If griefers come and are overthrowing you retreat to guard zone with the push of a button.

Enough excuses people! The only reason the community fails is because of the community itself. The reason why your guild fails or will fail is because of your own self! It is not failing because of griefers or the lack of handouts/support from staff.

I have never seen a grief squad of more then 7 griefers at the island at a time. Any organized good guild can easily take them out. It comes down to experience as a leader and as an rper on hybrid.

You of all people should know this since you around for the Tenebrae II day's.

All of my guild are usually on foot save the few times at decided to run down a red we bola. and even to boot most of us are dexxers, the griefers take a large advantage of this if we are being over run and say and word a disappear RPwise we have violated our oaths to protect the city so we will not attempt to protect said city until we as guards have a secure stronghold within it like guards should have.

As far as using the special tunnels to retreat back to our established GH again we are on foot we don't mount up or recall we run the whole way now that vs. syncing ventrilloed commed grifers equals a loss.

And it isn't greed it's common sense any Guard force would have a garrison or barrack within the city they are to protect, as a place to sleep, sotre armor, and fall back to in case of overwhelming invasion we don't have that.

We get griefed daily at the amount of about 2-6 griefers at any given time currently G$S is greifing us with about 6 members. and as dexxers we are in thier range long before they are in ours.

But we have the GH to fall back to and recollect etc..

Again as repeated so many times in the city we do not we'd get slaughtered, guild morale would plummet.

Currently me and 2 other guys are running RP guilds, it's not easy to get the guild run to the RP city through the savages since Grd doesn't havew one of it's own go through thiers plow through svage NPC's only to meet PK tamers and stun mages and have a force of 8 dexxers cut down in about 2 minutes.

Having had even a 8x8 we could fall back to it away from overwhelimg and coordinated spell attacks, now why don't we get mages?
Someone will bring that up, we are guardsmen of the traditional sense RP wise a majority of us a untrustful of magic in the first place, we rely on what we could and can always do bash, slash, and stab.

This isn't ToF or CoA I will not bend rules constantly just to get the edge in pvp.

To call what I ask for to be greed?, that a little harsh I only asked that We thaty RP guards are given a RP garrison or barracks within an RP city in whcih we could control... that doesn't sound greeedy that sounds sane and sound. I don't even have to own the thing as slong as I can friend my men so they have a place to fall back and attack greifers from.

Edit: finish ym rant later we are being griefed.

Vek

Sorceror

Listen when I ran savages we averaged about 3 players always on, we camped the dam poker boats. We survived just fine using tactics, and the savage fort. We got ganked, res killed, and griefed all day, this did not deter any of my members, this was extremely annoying yes, but we dealt with it and without a house I might add.

Caz

Knight

i loved CoA <3

also out of those the city idea seems best.. we should drag Oriel back here to remake BoC. :)

Orcs and savages are pk's and don't wear expensive gear on average a guardsmen is wearing 3k worth of gear

Not to mention both the savages and orcs could put on paint or a mask and instantly have NPC support and protection/immunity in their respective forts.

We don't have a fort to fall back, nor do we use mounts like TcD.

It's easy for you all 3 of your guilds are pk based RP guilds, you can kill non-rpers equally we can't.

Unless we are given a Fort of our own within the RP town I can't concieve us guarding it on 24/7 basis

In fact thinking about if they build a Guard fort with NPC blue guards that attack reds then it be cool just like how the savage forts and orcs forts npc's attack us, even if it's an NPC fort we'll defend it.

Torgin.

Sorceror

There is only one mage in Grd currently, and that is myself. My primary objective is to keep my fellow Guardsmen alive, my secondary objective is to assist in the attack of griefers.

Mr. Coldiron is speaking the truth. Guardsmen gear can get to be really expensive and you know there will be a lot of pk/griefers showing up at the RP island once they realize that it is being populated constantly.

Perhaps if we had an endless supply of iron ingots and about 3-5 smiths working around the clock, we could keep up with the amount of new recruits dieing and losing all their things. Yet that is unreasonable to ask of us.

I don't find the RP city to be realistically defensible. There are too many open ways to get into the city. When it comes to major battles, it looks as if it will take 4 men per gate into the city to hold. That is unreasonable, considering the lack of people RPing currently. With a few changes to the walls, I believe it could lead to some awesome fighting.

Vek

Sorceror

Well if you haven't noticed, the island is basically one giant plot. They fixed the whole leave house bug with it thankfully. Anyways the point is that any griefers that disturb the RP of the island can and will be banned. Please correct me if im wrong but thats how the old island worked and as far as i can see this island is the same.

Vek

Sorceror

Lord Coldiron;1937384 said:
Orcs and savages are pk's and don't wear expensive gear on average a guardsmen is wearing 3k worth of gear

Not to mention both the savages and orcs could put on paint or a mask and instantly have NPC support and protection/immunity in their respective forts.

We don't have a fort to fall back, nor do we use mounts like TcD.

It's easy for you all 3 of your guilds are pk based RP guilds, you can kill non-rpers equally we can't.

Unless we are given a Fort of our own within the RP town I can't concieve us guarding it on 24/7 basis

In fact thinking about if they build a Guard fort with NPC blue guards that attack reds then it be cool just like how the savage forts and orcs forts npc's attack us, even if it's an NPC fort we'll defend it.

I don't agree with this at all, Orc spawn is weak giving low protection, and savage paint is difficult and expensive to acquire, and it takes a lot of work to obtain a paint stone. Most of the time on Savages we did not rely on our spawn but our field tactics. We were naked footmen using npc spears, yet we survived just fine. All you need to do is keep bolas stocked, and cross heal as much as possible. Also starting a Priest program or offset guild would be a good idea something to allow some people to make purely defensive mages to protect your men. Oh by the way, your blue you have guardzone to fall back into, you choose not to use that to your advantage. I'm not saying hide in guards but it is still a fall back in which you can continue to fight from while your men remain safe. As far as your equipment goes, start trying to get your guild to supply themselves, you supply what is needed, weapons, bandages, etc, while they get their armor, potions, etc. If that idea doesnt suit you then just buy the uniforms from NPCs, if your men want better gear they can get it themselves, you supply the bare minimum to get them by.

Now advice is a small help in my opinion, so when I get a chance I will gladly make you a nice little bag full of armor sets, and GM weapons. I cant promise it will contain everything you need but im thinking about 10 sets of all your uniforms. :)

Good Luck!

krump_king

Sorceror

Exactly i dont think requesting that or even a shop place be turned into a house? who knows but still i believe Grd should recieve housing in the Fortress in order to defend it against griefers which are obviously present at most times. :/

Torgin.

Sorceror

Vek;1937455 said:
Well if you haven't noticed, the island is basically one giant plot. They fixed the whole leave house bug with it thankfully. Anyways the point is that any griefers that disturb the RP of the island can and will be banned. Please correct me if im wrong but thats how the old island worked and as far as i can see this island is the same.

We could have used this earlier. We had 10 awake for training and we got slammed by a griefer group. Afterwards, we realized we had a rat telling them where we were at but it was still very annoying.

Davy

Wanderer

ok, so i was going to post a big thing but. I decided to erase everything i was going to say and ignore the last 10 post. Lets take this one at a time. If griefing is what bothers then dont play this game or any other game. in fact get lost in the room lock yourself in the basement of your house and stay there. there are thousands of people in this world that get off mentally, phisically and sexually on pissing people off. So if how you act in a game is getting run down by how others act then by all means quit and never come back. I've been fighting since 2002 to get all roleplayers to be able to loot everything in acts of war. WAR IS NOT CHEAP. Who cares if rolepalyers loot you they are only getting iron made things. THE ONLY REASON WHY A GRIEFER TRACKS YOU DOWN AND KILLS YOU IS BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT. I have seroiusly got to the point 3 years ago that if a griefer is chasing me i will literly no lie what so ever stop and let them kill me no heals i will tab out so i don't eve hit them. I will let them kill me and loot me. I DO NOT CARE IF THEY TAKE ARMOR OR WEAPONS OR REGS FROM ME. WHO CARES. Seriously people the more you care the more they want to attack you. Its simple. I've been with many guilds who have dealt with griefers one of the ones that i know you all know is the yew militia we've dealt with this for years now. Seriously I'm looking for a roleplay community not a bunch of bitchers allowning babies to runin your fun. If you like roleplay then let me know. because thats all i care about is if you like to roleplay i don't care if you die every 20 min. of gameplay I don't care because i know i can provide roleplayers with plots. I know i can help provide you all with fun activities with guild vs. guild or even pvm. I know i can give you all plots that you will be interested in. But from here on out i do NOT want to hear about anyting about griefers i don't who says or what its about. Its that simple they are getting to you and you are bending over and taking it by trying to reroute your plans, ideas, characters, and game time. If you let them win then thats simple you let them win. I'm trying to come back to a roleplay community. OK so listen i'm here willing to help every guild. I will even make one character for every rolepaly guild that is out there. I will aslo use my one character for every guild out there to create good plots. When i mean good plots I MEAN GOOD PLOTS. not ok lets get on our orc character to raid yew and then get on our other characters to rally an attack back at the orcs. NOOOOOOO. I'm talking real good events and plots not skirmish after skirmish then omg grievers i don't want to lose my armor. oh no help me please. Listen all i want from here on out is to either create all of britainnia into a roleplay society or use the roleplay city as one. From there one by one i will assest any other roleplay guild to build plots. FUCK GRIEFERS in fact QUIT TALKING ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!