UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What are you more interested in?

What guild would intrigue you more?

• Strict Military Society. Craftsmen must have fighting skills.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • A Feudalism Society. Example: England in the era in the movie Braveheart.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • City based guild. Culture and Society developed for the success of one city.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Guild based around all of Britannia This would be relying on alt characters

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • A band of adventurers

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • None of these sound interesting

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davy

Wanderer
What are you more interested in?

What type of guild would you like to see most on hybrid?

If you have questions about any of these, then feel free to ask about which ever one you want to know more about.

You can vote on more then one. Please be honest if more then one intrigue you then by all means vote for more then one.

ICQ#: 168912864

Davy

Wanderer
Re: What are you more interested in?

In the past the guilds i've done have been neutral and develop confrontations with most all roleplaying guilds at some point of time.

Best one that comes to mind was a guild i ran called The Black Fist on catskills. We had a great three way battle with the orcs and yew militia. Caused by some militiamens barbaric ways and comments.

I usually don't like running guilds that are a extreme good or extreme evil. Most guilds i run do things based on internal plots that affect other guilds impression of us in multiple ways.

krump_king

Sorceror

Well theres already two strict guilds so id have to go with the Feudal one i like how that would RP out in game :p

Vek

Sorceror

I love making evil RP guilds, I cannot run one myself but I would be willing to help someone else make one. I can do website, and help with creating the guild of course. Although I cant be an active member as of now I can still put in a bit of work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a reply to Krump King

Another Evil Aligned guild too battle with :/

Vek

Sorceror

Davy;1936442 said:
option 1 2 and 5 could be evil types

All of those options could be evil guilds, its all about how to make your story.

Davy

Wanderer

true but it would take a lot more convincing and planning for the city and the world wide type guilds and a lot more people

Vek

Sorceror

Baronship of Cove was a very successful evil city based guild I believe that guild is still running strong on OSI

Davy

Wanderer

well i'm going to let the poll run for a while and see what happens

Vek

Sorceror

Oh i wasn't trying to be rude, just was adding input.

Davy

Wanderer

don't worry i wasn't taking it like that the more input the better. I've got all these types of guilds for the most part figured out. Being good or evil is easy to change. I'm just looking to see what others think would be a better type of guild. I ran a small band of adventures before on catskills it was successful.

krump_king

Sorceror

Well the idea of a City based guild is pretty sweet just like on Europa the Vesper guild was pretty awesome and is still going i think. Its cool because they can be the main involvment of a war over a city :p

NicolBolas

Wanderer

i would like to see a a few guilds each claim a town and all war each other but be based in different towns so each is like agang war protecting there turf from each other

If a guild based themselves out of the prebuilt rp city I would bring tcd back and run raids against the city with undead and vamps.

I would also run events for the guild whom is basing their guild out of the city.

And possibly even join their guild with a character to run my HAGS program for them. Maybe to repair weapons and provide cheap supplies bandages and such based on guild chat text.

Vek

Sorceror

Now draw back for a second.

While city guilds are great, honestly they're a lot of fun, create great RP, etc. The issue is that if the few guilds there are split out into several different areas of interactions, it may drastically affect the already damaged community. Player run city's in the same area would be good, just something to keep the community as tight nit as possible.

Now this doesn't mean the idea will be totaly nixed. Just pick cities within walking distance of each other. For example...Minoc & Vesper both very close to each other both their own independent cities, gives room for 2 city guilds, then plenty of room for city based guilds that may feed off the city or the guilds. Another good area is: Britain, Skara, and Yew. All quite close, I'd suggest this area just because theres plenty of housing plus RP has mainly been in Yew for ages now. Although those three are still quite spread apart, for mountless people foot-travel may be a bit....tiresome.

Of course this is just my opinion. Whats best for the community is really based on what the community as a whole agrees on.

I think all we need is one really well established good/neutral guild based in the rp city. All of the evil guilds have entries right by their guild houses that lead to the city. So i think if a good guild was going well you would see orcs, savages, vamp/und make a come back since they all have direct access to the huge good guild.

Doesnt even have to be one guild. Can have a guard guild, thief guild, merchant guild all having a role within the city promoting rp and then evil guilds can raid the city.

The potential is already here. It is up to the playerbase as it always was; however, whenever great potential stares at the rpers not enough people have the balls to lead and get things going.

I will put all my resources toward helping guilds who want to base their activity out of the seer built rp town.

I will run events, help fund and support, lend advice, training, whatever. This is the key. I have been playing on hybrid since before Owner Ryan took over and rping for almost that long I know what works and does not work on this shard.

Murloc14

Wanderer

The idea of band of adventurers is a nice one. I don't think it has been attempted before. Besides that, My favorite role play guild was the Lizard men way back when, before inbus. They have a fantastic way to rank up and so on. Unfortunately they died.