UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What are you more interested in?

What guild would intrigue you more?

• Strict Military Society. Craftsmen must have fighting skills.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • A Feudalism Society. Example: England in the era in the movie Braveheart.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • City based guild. Culture and Society developed for the success of one city.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Guild based around all of Britannia This would be relying on alt characters

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • A band of adventurers

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • None of these sound interesting

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davy

Wanderer
Re: What are you more interested in?

Really though if you really want to talk about something that will help roleplay then lets talk about maybe getting a system that when you create a character you get asked if that character is going to be roleplayer or not if they say yes then you get placed in the roleplay city as a commoner and you must roleplay. If you join another guild it must be designated as a roleplyer guild. if they say no then that character will be fully and forever labeled as a non roleplayer. This is prob. the only server wide solution there is other then banning all non roleplayers. In fact i thing we need to have a uogamers server that is designated as a roleplayer server only.

Davy

Wanderer

By the way i'm putting every mental power into creating this roleplay city into the best roleplayed out city. It will be based around good alignment characters. From there we will develop a society and from there then i will run a band of adventures guild. I am hold back many details from this guild because as i said i'm concentrating on the development of the roleplay city.

But most likely the way things are looking I will be creating a band of adventures i'm thinking the name will be the brotherhood of the fist.

Guard will never get a house within the city. If they were to give to grd they would have to give to everyone. Your guild is not that established and special to receive such treatment, especially since you are saying thats the only way you can compete with griefers. I retract any offers to help your guild. It is setup for failure by its leaders whom are acting very narrow minded. In fact I might start my own guardsmen guild and base it in the town.

plague_spores;1937576 said:
Guard will never get a house within the city. If they were to give to grd they would have to give to everyone. Your guild is not that established and special to receive such treatment, especially since you are saying thats the only way you can compete with griefers. I retract any offers to help your guild. It is setup for failure by its leaders whom are acting very narrow minded. In fact I might start my own guardsmen guild and base it in the town.

Hahah lol your image of self importance amuses me. I never asked for a house I stated if the RP community would like a standing guard force and by "Standing" I mean staying there 24/7 without ever leaving for anything. We would require a building there, We "Grd" Do not have a teleporter to the RP city, we must run 6 screens to the nearest one then go through an army of NPC savages to get there. So a hasty retreat is... not looking so good although the word teleporter was awesome 2 out of 10 guys lived cause of it.

I never said having a house is the ONLY way to compete with griefers I simply stated the issue in dealing with them. when there's 7 of them mounted and 8 of us on foot, and they are ready to invis the guy that gets bola'ed, it's tough to fight them while maintaining the guild's regulations.

Secondly or thirdly im not keeping count I never asked nor accepted any offers of aid from you I really don't need it.

You show poor character by constantly insulting someone with a different opinion than that of your own, I only stated my own ideals and opinions of a situation which quite frankly involve me since my guild is the only active human guild right now and C-R.

If any more comments wish to be directed towards me it should be done via PM for future correspondence.

I will continue commenting but not as to what my guild should or should not do.

Caz

Knight

Lord Coldiron;1937580 said:
We would require a building there, We "Grd" Do not have a teleporter to the RP city, we must run 6 screens to the nearest one then go through an army of NPC savages to get there. So a hasty retreat is... not looking so good although the word teleporter was awesome 2 out of 10 guys lived cause of it.

You can bypass all of the savages at the fort at running speed. Most are inside while the teleporter is at the back. In the cave there is only 1-2 savages spawned. Run around them and up to the city. It's easy.

Vek

Sorceror

Davy;1937552 said:
But most likely the way things are looking I will be creating a band of adventures i'm thinking the name will be the brotherhood of the fist.

Ok ok everyone step back for a second.

We are arguing within our own community, if Grd thinks that a guard outpost would assist them, instead of bombarding them with a big fat "NO" we should discuss it and offer alternatives or fix what we find wrong with the request. We need to discuss whats best for the community not argue about it. We need more people such as Davy who aren't contimplating on this one topic but contimplating on how to better the island and the community.

Guard would probably be able to get a teleporter closer to them but not a building. Rpers need to utilize the buildings already there.

Bottle neck griefers.

The roads are narrow and easy for ambush.

You can house hide anywhere on the island.

You should never run after griefers.

The object is not to kill them but deter them from wishing to attack you.

If I was to guard the town from griefers I would have boxes made with stools or something that you can axe to create an unpassable tile. By doing this you can create situations where the griefers are on the defense.

If they are healing or invising eachother then they are on the defense and not attackcing you.

Have your group hide in a corridor with a dead end or in a building with a one tile door entry. Have your best person for staying alive lure the griefers into the area block with your people and hack them down.

Create a macro to target the water in front of you. Use mass amounts of fishing nets and the macro while on the island and fish up lots of monsters to attack the griefers.

Start using empty kegs to block griefers. If they keep coming back eventually they will use chopping macros to chop the kegs, switch to lesser explode kegs, this will blow up when they chop and take a chunk of life.

Someone with music can send them on the defense by using a firehorn to scare them off. A group of 7 who all get fs'd at the same time will take off.

Keep your group close together and cross heal with bandages. If you are bunched up their MS wont hurt as much and you will be able to heal through it.

If they are poison fielding your or something of the sorts place a box under your feet.

Someone in an rp group should have music/peace, this helps with summons and pets. Peace blade spirits and mares etc.

Have your men use bows or xbows, whichever fits the rp more. It doesnt matter if they have archery. they still have a chance to hit. If griefers are keeping distance everyone switch to long range wep and target one person. This will send them fleeing.

If they use explode pots or the explosion spell hop through a portal to guard zone then back through and guard whack them.

Carry lots of pouches on you but still only have your gm made wep and plate armour. This frustrates the griefers and usually they stop coming around because they are not getting anything from you.

Most do not loot plate armour especially if they are gm made Same goes for gm weps.

Use the tunnels to the evil guilds. If the griefers have not had their clients patched all the way to the recommended patch then they will be able to enter the tunnel but not leave.

If you see someone casting something like MS and are close run up and attack him. Longer spells to cast are easier to disrupt.

Create stam traps, find a narrow place have your men line up into two lines so that there is one tile inbetween and when someone with full stam runs they get stuck in the middle and you hack them down. Naked archers of doom tactic.

Create barriers with lots of heavy objects, Use heavy objects that they will always want to risk their life to grab or have on auto loot. This will make it so they cannot run and lose their stam. Then you hack them up.

If you see them on a real mount bola and kill the mount.

If you have lots of bola's and really want griefers to leave, Have someone hiding spamming bolas at people. Bolas do not reveal hidden players.

More tactics to come

Vek

Sorceror

Wow even i learned a couple things from that lol

nice list mate you should post that as a guide

Murloc14

Wanderer

Davy;1937538 said:
ok, so i was going to post a big thing but. I decided to erase everything i was going to say and ignore the last 10 post. Lets take this one at a time. If griefing is what bothers then dont play this game or any other game. in fact get lost in the room lock yourself in the basement of your house and stay there. there are thousands of people in this world that get off mentally, phisically and sexually on pissing people off. So if how you act in a game is getting run down by how others act then by all means quit and never come back. I've been fighting since 2002 to get all roleplayers to be able to loot everything in acts of war. WAR IS NOT CHEAP. Who cares if rolepalyers loot you they are only getting iron made things. THE ONLY REASON WHY A GRIEFER TRACKS YOU DOWN AND KILLS YOU IS BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT. I have seroiusly got to the point 3 years ago that if a griefer is chasing me i will literly no lie what so ever stop and let them kill me no heals i will tab out so i don't eve hit them. I will let them kill me and loot me. I DO NOT CARE IF THEY TAKE ARMOR OR WEAPONS OR REGS FROM ME. WHO CARES. Seriously people the more you care the more they want to attack you. Its simple. I've been with many guilds who have dealt with griefers one of the ones that i know you all know is the yew militia we've dealt with this for years now. Seriously I'm looking for a roleplay community not a bunch of bitchers allowning babies to runin your fun. If you like roleplay then let me know. because thats all i care about is if you like to roleplay i don't care if you die every 20 min. of gameplay I don't care because i know i can provide roleplayers with plots. I know i can help provide you all with fun activities with guild vs. guild or even pvm. I know i can give you all plots that you will be interested in. But from here on out i do NOT want to hear about anyting about griefers i don't who says or what its about. Its that simple they are getting to you and you are bending over and taking it by trying to reroute your plans, ideas, characters, and game time. If you let them win then thats simple you let them win. I'm trying to come back to a roleplay community. OK so listen i'm here willing to help every guild. I will even make one character for every rolepaly guild that is out there. I will aslo use my one character for every guild out there to create good plots. When i mean good plots I MEAN GOOD PLOTS. not ok lets get on our orc character to raid yew and then get on our other characters to rally an attack back at the orcs. NOOOOOOO. I'm talking real good events and plots not skirmish after skirmish then omg grievers i don't want to lose my armor. oh no help me please. Listen all i want from here on out is to either create all of britainnia into a roleplay society or use the roleplay city as one. From there one by one i will assest any other roleplay guild to build plots. FUCK GRIEFERS in fact QUIT TALKING ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem grumpy today. How about some coffee?

Murloc14

Wanderer

Great work on the list, there are many tactics here that some might of not thought of. But the creativity is what gives me my rp spark :D

plague_spores;1937668 said:
Guard would probably be able to get a teleporter closer to them but not a building. Rpers need to utilize the buildings already there.

Bottle neck griefers.

If I was to guard the town from griefers I would have boxes made with stools or something that you can axe to create an unpassable tile. By doing this you can create situations where the griefers are on the defense.

If they are healing or invising eachother then they are on the defense and not attackcing you.

Have your group hide in a corridor with a dead end or in a building with a one tile door entry. Have your best person for staying alive lure the griefers into the area block with your people and hack them down.

Create a macro to target the water in front of you. Use mass amounts of fishing nets and the macro while on the island and fish up lots of monsters to attack the griefers.

Start using empty kegs to block griefers. If they keep coming back eventually they will use chopping macros to chop the kegs, switch to lesser explode kegs, this will blow up when they chop and take a chunk of life.

Someone with music can send them on the defense by using a firehorn to scare them off. A group of 7 who all get fs'd at the same time will take off.

Keep your group close together and cross heal with bandages. If you are bunched up their MS wont hurt as much and you will be able to heal through it.

If they are poison fielding your or something of the sorts place a box under your feet.

Someone in an rp group should have music/peace, this helps with summons and pets. Peace blade spirits and mares etc.

Have your men use bows or xbows, whichever fits the rp more. It doesnt matter if they have archery. they still have a chance to hit. If griefers are keeping distance everyone switch to long range wep and target one person. This will send them fleeing.

If they use explode pots or the explosion spell hop through a portal to guard zone then back through and guard whack them.

Carry lots of pouches on you but still only have your gm made wep and plate armour. This frustrates the griefers and usually they stop coming around because they are not getting anything from you.

Most do not loot plate armour especially if they are gm made Same goes for gm weps.

Use the tunnels to the evil guilds. If the griefers have not had their clients patched all the way to the recommended patch then they will be able to enter the tunnel but not leave.

If you see someone casting something like MS and are close run up and attack him. Longer spells to cast are easier to disrupt.

Create stam traps, find a narrow place have your men line up into two lines so that there is one tile inbetween and when someone with full stam runs they get stuck in the middle and you hack them down. Naked archers of doom tactic.

Create barriers with lots of heavy objects, Use heavy objects that they will always want to risk their life to grab or have on auto loot. This will make it so they cannot run and lose their stam. Then you hack them up.

If you have lots of bola's and really want griefers to leave, Have someone hiding spamming bolas at people. Bolas do not reveal hidden players.

More tactics to come

this could have aided us greatly like 4 days ago.

plague_spores;1937668 said:

Bottle neck griefers.

More tactics to come

this could have aided us greatly like 4 days ago. :laugh:

you can hosue hide on the island.................

Lord Coldiron;1937795 said:
this could have aided us greatly like 4 days ago. :laugh:

you can hosue hide on the island.................

Yes you can house hide since the entire island is built on houses; however because of this you can also Detect hidden with 0 in the skill.

Keep in mind that if they start to lose they cannot just have guildies recall directly in they have to run.

I do not want to post as a guide since I am trying to help rpers out and not the griefers.

To escape paraganks on a char with 0 magery carry lesser poison pots and drink them when they para gank. The low damage will knock you out of para and you chug and heal. This is so you can keep the attack up because the more you attack the more they have to defend.

RPer's on foot need to adopt well thought out and organized tactics.

If you know where the trouble makers are you should not all run in from the same directions. You should coordinate to attack from different angles and have a point where there is backup to run to.

In combat the best thing you can do is create confusion for the enemy as well as playing off their nerve. You need to get their adrenaline running to the point where they start to make mistakes.

I use to run training sessions for leaders and reg guildies for most of the old well established good guilds. I have learned many tactics over the years of playing on good alts which only certain leaders know are me.

Its all about keeping your cool in combat and working well together. The numbers do not mean anything if you can fight on your terms.

A nice thing for good guilds to do is go on pvm hunts where all gold goes to guild and all magics and resources go to the guildmates. Use the guilds gold to purchase bolas and such.

Please let me know if anyone needs help with their guilds being able to deal with griefers. I will come up with some useful tactics that will work well with the rp of your guilds.

City based guild. Culture and Society developed for the success of one city.

Gotta say that sounds the best of the options.