UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vote for Demise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigatha

Sorceror
haha why u deleted my comment??? so you only show good comments?? What i said is legit and people need to know it!

Xavier

Account Terminated
haha why u deleted my comment??? so you only show good comments?? What i said is legit and people need to know it!

It wasnt me that deleted it, but I can probably guess? Perhaps because you were making unfounded accusations? Maybe because we're tired of sitting here listening to everyone who loses an item go off on staff the same way you did? (btw, Ive seen people losing an orny take it better than you did over a few armor parts)

Or perhaps because we answered your issue ingame already? Let me reiterate that answer, so you have a copy for future reference.

While many people have claimed items just up and disappeared from their inventory, some have been debunked as a honest mistake, some have been players trying to scam staff for items, and some just make me think "wtf?" because I cant explain it. I dont know which of these groups you would go into, and tbh, it doesnt matter. Why?

Well, as I told you. This claim has been made many, many times, but as far as I know, absolutely never has a staffer, coder or otherwise actually observed it happening over the years. Until we do solve this mystery, we are not ready to call it a server bug, and we are not going to replace lost items unless i know for a fact that the server did something and I can prove it did and disprove the false claims.

There are little things players could do to help solve these mysteries. For example, if you use razors dress macros, razor has the item's serial saved. We could use that serial to try to determine the fate of the item.

last week, we had a player who paged for help with two houses she wanted to try to place a single big one instead of the two. I said we can not help with that. She asked for some advice then, I gave my thoughts, and she chose to do otherwise. She tore both houses down to try to replace them as one. In the process she lost one because someone saw her do it and placed a house there. She got upset (understandably) but tried to put it on Demise staff because we wouldnt go take the house back. She was quitting, taking her friends with her, etc. Eventually she came back and apologized, and decided to stay.. :)

We hear this all the time. Quite honestly, Im a bit numb to it anymore. When i hear the threats to leave, to take all your friends, etc etc, the only thing that comes to mind is "do what you feel, but it changes nothing". Maybe you ARE the exception. Maybe you DID lose your stuff the way you said you did, but unless the true ones can be separated from the false claims, we are only setting our selves up to be scammed on a daily basis if we start replacing stuff that the players just claim disappeared. Out of fairness, everyone is treated the same: nothing replaced except in the rare instances where I know what happened, ie, it actually was my fault. So far, that has been exactly one; I accidentally deleted a player's greater dragon at an event, whilst trying to remove losblockers that caused an exploitable area ingame :D

If you think we are terrible staff for that, thats fine, but I am not going to sit here and let you or any other disgruntled player bash the staff here over things they have no control of.

Just to make it very clear, I am not calling you a liar, but I do know they are out there and do try to scam us for items. As long as we can not tell the difference, we cant replace items that get lost like this.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but as Ive said before "it is what it is".

Status
Not open for further replies.