UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent you pick!

VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent?

• Teamspeak - [url]http://www.goteamspeak.com[/url]

Votes: 111 31.4%
  • Ventrilo - [url]http://www.ventrilo.com/[/url]

Votes: 242 68.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Disco

Wanderer
Re: VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent you pick!

Mark said:
Ventrilo has good sound quality, but TTS is extremely pointless, annoying, and frequently abused (left square bracket, right square bracket, left square bracket, right square bracket).
Yeah, it does get annoying... Just disable it in your settings.

You wont can set it so you don't hear any TTS messages or only when someone joins or leaves. Theres all kinds of settings, take a look.

Ventrilo.

Fatality

Sorceror

Again I will say this, Ventrillo because of the small but powerful package it gives off

However (There are people that bomb vent channels using the events and TTS) But like you guys said above, its blockable and preventable.

Vent all the way

Narmila

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
Anyone remember Roger Wilco? That owned back in the day.
Yes, Roger Wilco DID own, Before the only thing you could get for free was the beta...Curse them and the Pay To Speak :D Anyways, Vent owns over TS, Alot easier to bypass a player muting too lol

Cebrious Arcane said:

**** yeah! Back in the day I used to be a hardcore DF2 player, one of the best JSM (Just Shoot Me server) players. My squad (GoDs) used Roger Wilco. Ahhh memories.

Mark said:
Ventrilo has good sound quality, but TTS is extremely pointless, annoying, and frequently abused (left square bracket, right square bracket, left square bracket, right square bracket). Teamspeak also has better administrative controls and a cleaner user interface.

I'd say overall I prefer Teamspeak. The quality isn't horrible using the Speex 25.9 codec and it seems to handle many more clients.

Your correct, TS does not lag out people with too many users connected. Vent can "lag out" (for lack of a better term) on high quality servers that have 50/100+ slots, and a lot of people in the server. But I like vent just for one reason, YOU CAN LEAVE A COMMENT BEHIND YOUR NAME for everyope to see, instead of sending a txt msg to 100 people.

Cebrious Arcane said:

Yea that was a good program..but it's all pretty much the same. Theres another thing called VoiceComm or something Comm recently came out and they were giving away free 10 slot servers.

Jambo said:
Bleh, Teamspeak all the way..

TS can't do what Vent can, the sound quality is much worse, and in order to send a comment to people you have to send it individually to every player, I much rather prefer the option to put a comment behind your name for everyone to see, not to mention you can have comments behind the different channels in Vent (to leave msg's for people to see) it has a Message of the Day where you can leave msg's, and it doesn't have an annoyin purple background...need i say more?

lil boy

Wanderer

CrazyCracka420 said:
TS can't do what Vent can, the sound quality is much worse, and in order to send a comment to people you have to send it individually to every player, I much rather prefer the option to put a comment behind your name for everyone to see, not to mention you can have comments behind the different channels in Vent (to leave msg's for people to see) it has a Message of the Day where you can leave msg's, and it doesn't have an annoyin purple background...need i say more?
u can do that on ts to just when u log in like my name on there is j.j all i do is change name to j.j[AFK DONT DISSTURB]

Ryan if you plan on having more than 8 people on the server at once and you are hosting it then you need to go with teamspeak. Ventrilo has some very strict licensing rules - 1000 slot minimum and you must prove you are a business along with constantly upping your slots.

So either you pay someone else out of pocket to run a server that you can easily host on the systems you already pay for or you can go TS... thats how I made the decision for my guild wars clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.