UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent you pick!

VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent?

• Teamspeak - [url]http://www.goteamspeak.com[/url]

Votes: 111 31.4%
  • Ventrilo - [url]http://www.ventrilo.com/[/url]

Votes: 242 68.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Quill

Wanderer
Re: VOIP Chat - Teamspeak or Vent you pick!

I do prefer Ventrilo's GUI and features, but Teamspeak gets the job done and it's free.

Retlif

Wanderer

Vent, I get better sound quality from it, and take less ram then TS.

Fatality

Sorceror

Yah, vent is the way to go, alot more crisp as said above, and theres barely any delay

M

Mark

Ventrilo has good sound quality, but TTS is extremely pointless, annoying, and frequently abused (left square bracket, right square bracket, left square bracket, right square bracket). Teamspeak also has better administrative controls and a cleaner user interface.

I'd say overall I prefer Teamspeak. The quality isn't horrible using the Speex 25.9 codec and it seems to handle many more clients.

pwned.nl

Sorceror

Mark said:
Ventrilo has good sound quality, but TTS is extremely pointless, annoying, and frequently abused (left square bracket, right square bracket, left square bracket, right square bracket). Teamspeak also has better administrative controls and a cleaner user interface.

I'd say overall I prefer Teamspeak. The quality isn't horrible using the Speex 25.9 codec and it seems to handle many more clients.
you can disable events and pages you know?

TS isn't terrible sound quality, it's just that most people leave it on like 5 kps quality, so it sounds like shiot, The highest speedx sounds just as good as ventrilo. The GUI for TS is also much cleaner and easier to look at, and alot easier to manage for us mods, and overall ease of use is just better in TS.

I vote TS.

I personnaly started out using Ventrilo and that's what I like the best. My computer is currently having trouble with it, but I like it better overall. I don't know how you said TS is easier to look at... it's purple... ventrilo is white. What's easier to look at? White, or a giant big purple blob

Megumi

Wanderer

Vent becuase TS lags my computer's nuts off if i'm running Play UO.

Ventrilo is byfar superior to teamspeak...

but the downfall is that if the server of the vent runs the higher format of 44100hz (for slightly better sound quality) it would prevent alot of people from getting on it due to their download and upload speeds being not capable of running it without lag.

but the normal 11025hz has enough sound quality for me... works fine... i use it everyday :D

Strong

Wanderer

vent > TS

TS is too busy of a GUI. Vent is much more simple. TS lags me and bad sound.

megas

Wanderer

ive only used teamspeak myself and that seamed decent for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.