UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

vally blessed weapons

Valentino

Sorceror
probably 3 people on the whole server who even have a hammer and faction. it's been implemented finally, should have been all along, I know everyone wants a mage paradise here but I'm glad ryan is finally looking at dexxers and trying to make them competitive again. I know you guys want a mage paradise and you find dexxers annoying, but too bad.

also, people were using vals anyway, I know Viz used to roll with them, and the incremental damage from verite to val isn't that much, but I know you guys love complaining so carry on.

1 runic hammer = 50 charges = 100 weeks worth of valorite weapons. There is a pretty noticeable difference between val/verite. Verite is strong as is; but a change is happening to hybrid going away from mage pvp to dexxer/tamer, and that's ok. We'll see!

just made a new alchy dexxer. name is: LOL MAKE YOU QUIT. everytime I go out I will go hero bless, petaled, strengthed, blood rosed, with 20 charges of gheal and a bandie script, call me robo cop jr.

amtothepm

Knight
funny how this change was implemented right after a certain idoc that had a couple of valorite runic hammers that dropped. FUN TIMES AT UOGAMERS

Valentino

Sorceror
just made a new alchy dexxer. name is: LOL MAKE YOU QUIT. everytime I go out I will go hero bless, petaled, strengthed, blood rosed, with 20 charges of gheal and a bandie script, call me robo cop jr.

yeah, not as easy as you think, go for it. theres a reason not many people play dexxers.

Valentino

Sorceror
funny how this change was implemented right after a certain idoc that had a couple of valorite runic hammers that dropped. FUN TIMES AT UOGAMERS

right, as if those were the only val hammers ever on the shard. it was arbitrary why vals weren't blessable in the first place, just an arbitrary decision by Mark. I've been factioning all day and have not seen one val weapon.

sanchen

Knight
yeah, not as easy as you think, go for it. theres a reason not many people play dexxers.
How is it not easy? Dexxers have what 5 buttons? Where as mages have a whole book dedicated to them. When I play my dexxer its ez pz to kill someone when I play a made I have to try and kill someone because I actually have to stop to cast a spell where as my dexxer and just run up on them and on shot them now.

This change was awful.

Valentino

Sorceror
How is it not easy? Dexxers have what 5 buttons? Where as mages have a whole book dedicated to them. When I play my dexxer its ez pz to kill someone when I play a made I have to try and kill someone because I actually have to stop to cast a spell where as my dexxer and just run up on them and on shot them now.

This change was awful.

you mean you have to hit toggle stun, wait for a stun, target closest and hit your eb macro or wand macro?

and make sure your autoheals are on?

Valentino

Sorceror
So no risk all reward... Seems legit. Let's just add insurance and call it good.

that's the benefit of factions, that's how it's been forever, even on OSI. If people REALLY care about this change, which they won't because they're overreacting like always, then it makes faction towns more valuable. Don't want a certain faction to get weapons? Don't let them get cities.

you mean you have to hit toggle stun, wait for a stun, target closest and hit your eb macro or wand macro?

You compared group fighting mages with a solo dexxer style of play. He said that dexxers are easy to kill people with, when all you have to do is stand near them and swing with super strong weapons. Mages, you have to combo/conserve mana for healing/damage.

And way to use the cheating bias, as if all mages cheat.

then it makes faction towns more valuable. Don't want a certain faction to get weapons? Don't let them get cities.
90% of factioners today have multiple faction chars in multiple factions. If somebody wants a town badly enough on a certain char, all they need to do is hop or use their multiple factions to make sure certain towns go to certain factions. Maybe your argument would hold water if we were limited to 1 faction character per IP, but alas, we aren't.

Valentino

Sorceror
Mages, you have to combo/conserve mana for healing/damage..

clearly biased against dexxers, mages do all sorts of lame tactics, eq, MS railing, etc. Personally I'm glad the change was finally made, but feel free to Q_Q some more.

and you can't really use a dexxer effectively except for solo play, I mean you can run around with a group but it's not coordinated, except maybe a fencer with para blows. Some people like playing a dexxer, it was a good change for a part of the server that likes playing a dexxer.

sanchen

Knight

1. I'm on steam
2. I'm like the only person actively talking to the GM's and Ryan about how to get the cheats banned and how to detect them. You can ask if you wish.
3. I have three keys to use wands.
4. You're a nerd.

I stand by the fact this change is in the wrong direction. First armor was nerfed then val are now blessed? That is not how you balance something.

Just want to throw this in here but I love playing my dexer more than my mage and I still think this change needs to be reverted.

Valentino

Sorceror
1. I'm on steam
2. I'm like the only person actively talking to the GM's and Ryan about how to get the cheats banned and how to detect them. You can ask if you wish.
3. I have three keys to use wands.
4. You're a nerd.

I stand by the fact this change is in the wrong direction. First armor was nerfed then val are now blessed? That is not how you balance something.

Just want to throw this in here but I love playing my dexer more than my mage and I still think this change needs to be reverted.

Cool, I disagree.