UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update

I keep getting on for 2-3 minute intervals, and I just gotta try relogging a few times to get back on. Scared the shit out of me the first time cuz I demolished my one small house to place a different sized one and I lost connection. Got back on and placed tho. :cool:

j rod

Wanderer
i got back on to help my friend raise his skills, i was working between the two computers here and i lost conn, i knew that i would die cuz he was doing quick damage when we were sparring. Luckly i got back on in jus enough time with his account to loot my body befor the world save.

I hope these problems get worked out for the shard, and im wishing the staff a good luck.

Antonia

Wanderer
Can I recommend rolling the server back to the last save that took place before the server went haywire? I think too many people, myself included, managed to log in for a few minutes (or seconds) and lost something or couldn't put their animals in the stable because they kept losing connection.

Keketso

Wanderer
The Problem.

The problem is that you can log in some times but if you log out, u cant log back in. i have multi client so i saw it happen.. other client runned well and then i logged him out.. and in few moments i tried to log back and it didnt happen, but the other client ran well..

DaffyWenchie

Wanderer
tease

It let me on for a mere few seconds and I almost had a char made....then it bruised mah arse with it's boot. *lesigh* I love you guys.

Its pretty much the same thing as last time guys, unless staff says its back up and working fine, you take the chance of losing stuff by logging in. My advice? do something via macro until you're sure the server is stable. As for logins go, the last time it had filter settings put on it, I couldn't login with my second account for hours, but I tried for about 15 mins with my main acct and after being hung on verifying a few times, it finally went through. I was on with about 26 other people for several hours (however I did lose about my last hour due to rollback). Don't bother changing your ip, or server info etc. The dns will still resolve to the correct IP, those of you that dont believe me its login.uogamers.net port 2593, which resolves to 67.15.136.121. Be patient, these guys have lives too.

Devine

Page
Alchemie said:
I was logged in with 2 accounts, one lost connection, one didnt.
Are you still logged in on one account? I left it on verifying for awhile and it let me choose the shard, but it froze when I actually tried to connect..

Antonia

Wanderer
I still say that it should be rolled back to before all this happened. As far as "dont connect until admins so say" well they did, early this morning. I got on the forums, saw that it said they were back up, so I was none the wiser that it was still experiencing problems.

If it is still under attack, there are means of tracing the attacker, and means of stopping the packet flood. Unless the attacker is using 2000 *real* uo clients (unlikely) he is using some form of TCP SYN attack. These can be blocked by the server's ISP (if they are using Cisco routers). In fact, you can make it block all traffic going to the UO server port unless it is an actual UO client (by checking the packets for content to make sure they contain specific data that UO clients send).

You take a chance playing here, the staff isnt going to rollback the server based on a small percentage of server pop opinion.

They've thought of this all already. Let's think, they've hosted a UO shard for several months now. Nice of you to try to help, but you're not telling them anything they don't know already :) this isnt a flame.

No updates yet, just don't hammer the login server, I'm sure someone will post on here when theyre able to get in. Just try it every couple mins or so. Right now I believe the filter is on so chances of getting in are pure luck.