UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

Darc

Wanderer
Re: Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

lol- set up to favor PvP my ass. PvP is one thing; trammie bullshit is another- but this shard is set up to favor stupid teenagers who think PvP means be a griefing jack ass.

John K

Wanderer

I know I get pissed sometimes when Im on a new char killing sheep and I get ganked...but it's part of the game. Join a shard that has trammal if you don't like it.

John K

Wanderer

Darc said:
Trammel is stupid- but so is this.

By this you mean crying about getting PKed?... if so then yes..

It's part of the dang game.. I know if I make a PK character.. I'm pretty much gonna PK...

Harry Hood

Wanderer

Darc

Wanderer

Trammel is stupid because there is no PvP.

This shard is stupid because while there is open PvP; there is no REAL penalty for people who abuse it by preying upon helpless toons; or those who participate in ganks. Hardly anyone on this shard makes REAL kills where there is challenge or even risk. And it's not very entertaining; and rather pathetic.

It's like I said; people are using their falacious love of "PvP" to protect their desire to prey upon people weaker than them to inflate their e-peen.

That shouldn't be part of any game- because it's a formula for disaster; and it simply is not an equal exchange of people's time. These aren't bots; these are people- and they deserve the same playing field you possess; because you aren't any better than them. And if you prey on the weak like a little baby and abuse the system; you should be penalized. it is that god damn simple.

But no- you'll just say something about go to trammel- and this is PvP- or yadda yadda- because you're just a snot nosed little brat who DOESN'T GET IT.

John K

Wanderer

Darc said:
Trammel is stupid because there is no PvP.

This shard is stupid because while there is open PvP; there is no REAL penalty for people who abuse it by preying upon helpless toons; or those who participate in ganks. Hardly anyone on this shard makes REAL kills where there is challenge or even risk. And it's not very entertaining; and rather pathetic.

It's like I said; people are using their falacious love of "PvP" to protect their desire to prey upon people weaker than them to inflate their e-peen.

That shouldn't be part of any game- because it's a formula for disaster; and it simply is not an equal exchange of people's time. These aren't bots; these are people- and they deserve the same playing field you possess; because you aren't any better than them. And if you prey on the weak like a little baby and abuse the system; you should be penalized. it is that god damn simple.

But no- you'll just say something about go to trammel- and this is PvP- or yadda yadda- because you're just a snot nosed little brat who DOESN'T GET IT.

All I hear is *sob sob sob*

GTFO noobie.

w00tz0r

Wanderer

Liasa said:
Yea i agree with you. Some reds cant even 1v1 so they attack anyone they think is easyTo Kill....suchas naked ppl.Its gay, i know but thats the game.You cant find anyone willing to 1v1 on field anymore either, its all ganks.

QFT I'll see some red or some blue and they will run off if they see me alone. Some do, other gank , and a few stay and we have a good 1v1 till reinforcements arrive in a mass newbie wave.

John K

Wanderer

Only thing that pisses me off...

I get PKed... someone reses me and I start heading out of the dungeon. ( Didnt even goto my body nor loot any monsters..) I just run out to leave and the same PK kills me again while I am naked... That's fkn bs IMO...

I don't mind getting PKed tho... but res killing sucks.

Effex

Sorceror

Honestly, I'm surprised at some of the fights I encounter here, given the fact that this is a free shard, and free shards tend to promote more asshats and immature players then paying servers.

But you'd be surprised at how many "honourable" people you come across..

I personaly PK anyone unless its a complete newb, some guy beating on zombies at a graveyard, or a naked miner.. But every red has their own reason, can't really blame THEM for you being outta guards protection.. Sounds crappy but thats the way some of them see it..

But you guys are missing one big factor here that plays an important role in the whole "Pk - Blue" ratio equation..

Its the fact that Blues stay together for the simple reason that they are out to hunt reds, or defend themselves against reds, which natrually makes them partner up against the random pk(s) that walk by.

On the other hand, Pk's stay divided for the most part, due to there not being any organization between reds, or them not wanting any organization between eachother, for the simple reason that they would rather just run around and kill people without having to worry about Not having to kill somoene. Which is completely understandable.

Sure there are many exceptions like the bigger pk guilds, or pk guilds that are allied with others, they can cause some major damage when they roll deep, but for the most part, its the same old story.. You are a solo pk, or pking with a partner, you go out dungeon hopping or town hopping looking for blues to kill, and you eventually end up with 5+ blues on you.. do these blues have a rallying horn, maybe.. do they know eachother in real life? probably not, do they work together to kill you because they dont have another choice? Yes.

Its rare to see random reds helping eachother, but when it happens its an awesome site in my eyes.. I personaly do attack other reds when there are no other blues around, but when there are, I do expect to work together. Sometimes it doesnt happen, hell Most of the time it doesnt happen, but when it does, it puts a smile on my eyes.. Mainly because its something that rarely happens, that happend alot in the old days of UO, where the word PK had alot more meaning.

You can't really create a server where finishing a template takes as long as 2 hot baths and a walk to the store, and expect the server to Not have a very high pk population.. But as a pk, out there almost every night for atleast an hour either just soling or duoing, I get attacked by many blues, especially at the hgiher pop areas, so the balance is not that bad..

The only thing that I would change about the current UOG system, to make this alot of interesting, would be to simply add bounty billboards.

Similar to what OSI had, but it would work slightly differnet.

-There would be the top 5 pk's of the week, wihch would be based off on how many blues they each killed for the week.
-The "#1" pk would be worth 50k
-The "#5" pk would be worth 10k
-The polls would take 1 week to gather, and would show the top 5 pks by the end of the week, or on fridays, and the names would stay there till monday, if any of the pk's dont get killed and their heads dont get claimed by tuesday, the price for their heads go up by 10% each day.
-Players would be able to better participate in these billboads by being able to reply to the built in-game msgboard in these bilboards. Town criers would give random updates to players. Bilboards would be located at every major bank.

There are many more things that can be added but I think that would be an awesome start.. It would be the start of many nice things that this shard needs, like for example a "bounty hunter" guild(s), more interest in being a blue..

I know there would be some thought of possible corruption where blue friends can kill red friends, but hey, its only 50k.. If smeone is willing to wait a whole week to get the top-5 bounty results just to make 50k needs to seriously be shot in the head.

Anyway, This post is probably 5 screens now so ill stop ranting, just bored while working..

a spider

Wanderer

this is just the way the shard is you have to accept it. just like ive accepted that this shards pvp blows and is all ganks...... there is no other type of pvp on this shard other then gank pvp or harm spam ma spam dueling. no one can argue that statement...if you do your lieing....90% of the people who play here only pvp in a gank situations exclusively and if the person they are ganking lives will hide till flag wears off, that is your avg player here. if i told you how many people gank me then make excuses why they wont duel you would fuckin puke. people that cant even fuckin type english making excuses in broken english why they cant duel. im making spellbooks for my guild etc....

dont get me wrong i play here and one vs one fights are nice but they dont really exist on this shard. the only time i can get a one vs one is when an axer con blows me and gets a hard on and becomes brave.

so of course with the theme of newbs ganking and pussy pvpers of course they all make reds for the exclusive purpose of running one vs one and exclusive gank pvp. and these types of pussys usually jump at the chance to kill a guy training in the gy hitting zombies or a tamer that looks like a dumb ass.

so i'd say one out of every ten pvpers here will one vs one in the field.
ive met about um two reds that actually go out on there own
this is a gankers heaven of pussy pvpers here that will never change cuz thats what uo attracts for players. pussys irl rofl.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

Hi. I agree with a spider. This relates somewhat to something i´ve been studying lately called Social Capital.. Basically it refers to a group of civic relations between people that allow a group or community to develop values like trust, honor and cooperation thus determining how this group will work as a whole..

Going straight to the point, these groups are divided into high-trust groups and low-trust groups, where the first develop horizontal relations with individual freedom, and low-trust one need to develop vertical relations with hierarchy and rules to work somewhat. Comparing Hybrid to real life, I´d put in a third group that I just created wich is a NO-trust community, meaning that 80% of the people here aren´t worth a penny socially.

This doesn´t mean that there aren´t good people here. I did find a good number of good or great friends who i trust completely and who helped me a lot. But what I´d like to say is that I´d like to see some shard rules that would stimulate people here to act nicely based on civility and moral values, and not rules that encourage everybody to act like assholes just because the staff promised years ago that would never change it.

Just to make a small comment if anyone read until here.. I looked for Social Capital at wikipedia and found that one of the most serious books about the subject is called "Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community". I´ll just copy what it says

"In his pioneering study, Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community (Simon & Schuster 2000), Harvard political scientist Robert D. Putnam wrote: "Henry Ward Beecher's advice a century ago to "multiply picnics" is not entirely ridiculous today. We should do this, ironically, not because it will be good for America — though it will be — but because it will be good for us." Putnam is not suggesting here that we must expand an already stable level of networking and civil interaction. He has found an overall decline in social capital in America over the past fifty years, a trend that may have significant implications for American society."

Anyone see the relation ?

LeKurtz

Wanderer

I was just thinking about it while i was in class, I can´t keep focused there... And maybe I´m looking too much because everybody´s looking too few

EDIT: If anyone wants to have a look at the site, i guess it´s worth the time.. go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_capital

LeKurtz said:
I was just thinking about it while i was in class, I can´t keep focused there... And maybe I´m looking too much because everybody´s looking too few

:eek: