UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

Darc

Wanderer
Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

Random PKs... Meh. I've been doing taming lately. And I only carry like 10-20 of each reg; a harp; and some band aids- but that doesn't stop any PKs from killing my naked tamer- even if I tell them how little loot I have.

Since playing on this server starting last week. I have only twice reasoned a PK out of a worthless count over shitty loot. One actually snooped me in order to verify that all I had on me were shovels at the time. God bless him. The other one decided to let me go after saying that I am just trying to tame and am not bothering anybody.

Oh and my neighbor is a role playing pirate PK who only fights at sea and after some words; nice fellow.

2 PKs have actually bothered to rez me after spamming oOo. They didn't get counts because they did the right thing after the kill.

I'm all for PvP; but the gankfests and the killing unarmed tamers/miners/etc.- it's just annoying. People don't deserve to have other people here for their own personal amusement. It's supposed to be a two way street, and it ain't. I just don't remember it being this bad; the people being this rude- on the OSI shards which I quit shortly after trammel came out.

Im thinking about starting to carry checks as bribes. They don't get them unless I give them to them right? Most of them would pry still kill me afterwards anyhow- but no repeat business with them then.

Perhaps when I get this taming farmer up and running; I'll just carry 10K checks as my "fuck off" money for all these stupid PKs. And if they PK me; they never get a check again; just the shitty loot i'll be carrying that isn't even worth 500 gold. what a bunch of dumb asses.

Re: Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

Most Pks Will Kill You if u have nothing becuz they want counts so to be a fag dont give them counts if u want to then feel free

BryanJ

Wanderer

The best thing you can do is not give them a count. Counts have no negative effect here;just boosting some depressed teens ego.

Darc

Wanderer

either way it's stupid. there should be some real penalty for having a bajillion counts; so people just wouldn't kill everybody.

either way it's stupid. there should be some real penalty for having a bajillion counts; so people just wouldn't kill everybody.

=/

Darc

Wanderer

I used to be a PK on great lakes. Do you know how I started off every encounter where the guy didn't attack me first? "Hi" or "Hey"... If it was just someone minding his own business doing resource gathering the guy got let go- it was that simple. It's a shame the shard with the most players promotes the most griefing.

Shadown420

Wanderer

There are a small few of PKs that are decent people. and as far as counts go, i follow this rule. only give blues/grays counts and never give reds, counts.

and fuck paying them off dude. will never work. just too many PKs out there.

P.S. Ive tried the whole talking them out of it becuase i have nothing anyways thing multiple times. seems really dependant on the person behind the PK.

that dood

Wanderer

Your lucky you got off twice, had it been me, I would have camped the healer just because you acted like such a nub.

PK - Player Killer.

Not faction killer, not tamer killer, not miner killer - PLAYER killer. No one is out of that catagory no matter how much "loot" they have. I mean shit, half the loot I take, end's up in my trash barrel. This is Hybrid, and welcome.

Darc

Wanderer

stat loss is too severe; and you shouldn't go the OSI route to get these ducks in a row.

But the kind of crap seddix is talking about is lame. There's a difference between being a player killer and being an asshole. If someone doens't want to play with you; maybe you should leave them the hell alone- but people like him don't understand that. They just want to waste everybody's time because they can.

I know, it's crazy- me saying there should be some draw back to being a constant irritatation to dozens of other players... People like seddix are the "shard" killers that plague every PvP MMORPG; and the reason the industry has largely shunned them ever since UO. It's just sad that no one has found a good balance between open PvP and keeping assholes in check.

that dood

Wanderer

Darc said:
There's a difference between being a player killer and being an asshole.

Well, I'm a PK in game and an asshole irl, so that pretty much explains it.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Darc

Wanderer

Whatever. The well of sheep will run dry and so will this shard if this is the kind of "PvP" it's all about; the cheap and pathetic kind.

Lynyrd

Knight

They are muderers, not nice people. Jesus, what do you expect.

Lesabre

Sorceror

There are some good reds out there. Ones who are respectable and won't waste their 2 regs on killing a naked person, but they are hard to find. A majority of the reds out there are like 12-14 year olds, you can't except much.

Darc

Wanderer

Oh man this was funny; some guy came and killed my tamer who had like 3 of each reg on him; a lute; and 17 banadages... So I recalled in with my alt and caught on him on his way out of the dungeon; and I nailed his ass to the wall. Got him for 2 power hallys, 60 of each reg; some armor, some cash, and some other junk- and all I had to say was this:

"was it worth dumb ass???"

StylingPaT^

Wanderer

Lynyrd said:
They are muderers, not nice people. Jesus, what do you expect.

Yeh man, when was the last time you met a nice murderer IRL? :gay:

Darc

Wanderer

they aren't murderers; they're gamers- no better than anyone else; and no more deserving of having someone waste their time just because that someone is a prick. It's really that simple; it's a game- stop wasting people's time with your bullshit- fight someone who gives a damn; don't gank; don't be lame.

Don't be the guy that friends don't call when they're going to have a game night.

Liasa

Wanderer

Yea i agree with you. Some reds cant even 1v1 so they attack anyone they think is easyTo Kill....suchas naked ppl.Its gay, i know but thats the game.You cant find anyone willing to 1v1 on field anymore either, its all ganks.