UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tinker Traps

Re: Tinker Traps

CowboyP said:
Ok, I gm'd tinkering and I tried to make a explosion trapped small crate (you know, the ones that are trapped but unlocked) but I cant get it to work. What are the exact steps to doing this? I searched the forums but I cant figure it out.
U got to use the mage spell magic trap

Smo

Sorceror

well they are definately on this shard so all the people that say they arent are wrong no offense... ive been tricked into opening a box and boom explosion i died and the guy looted my corpse so yet they exist for sure on this shard :eek:

peter_mc

Wanderer

ive made them many times, i drop them at WBB sometimes
when you create the crate, you have to have sufficient tinkering to make it lockable, and then the chest isnt armed until you lock it with that key

also, it cant be magic unlocked, at least i dont think

Rod Flanders

Wanderer

They are definitely on this shard. Awhile back I had a GM Tinker and I would make trapped crates and take them to Minoc mines and ask people to break them open for me. They'd break them, die, and I'd loot and hide. Rinse and repeat.

Dors Venabli

Wanderer

Are they a use-once only item? I mean, if someone lets the trap go off, do you have to re-trap it before it will kill again, or is there some way to make them eternally trapped?

I remember on OSI, that once built and trapped, they would keep on killing forever.

It's use once. And that's how it should be...

I've posted this before but, you trap the chest then lock it, then use the spell magic unlock on it.

If your magery is not high enough (GM) it might not unlock higher tinker skill made boxes.

shstubas08

Sorceror

do you have to unlock it with lockpicking to set off the trap? once i just opened one and i died from it, i guess it was unlocked, but if its unlocked the trap is disarmed, wtf is up with that?

shstubas08

Sorceror

so if you unlock it with a lockpick the trap wont go off, but if its unlocked with a lockpick and then opened it will go off?

Reuip

Wanderer

OK

I just tested this theory

In the past youd use magic unlock so that it'd stay armed (locked with a key) but openable.

This no longer works this way, magic unlock will disarm the trap. I made a poison box today, locked it, and hatcheted it and I got poisoned.

So magic lock is probably your best bet for keeping it locked and armed

ReekRend

Wanderer

Well I figured it out, and it's mostly useless.

BTW I don't understand why most people in this thread and others on the same subject are just quoting Stratics or claiming things that CLEARLY do not work on Hybrid. It only takes a few minutes of testing to see that most of these posts are BS.

Anyway I love exploding chests, and yes I've died to a couple of japs with boxes in their packs. I just finally figured it out... if you snoop a trapped, unlocked, disarmed box in someone else's pack, the trap goes off. That's it, and that is only it, so don't expect to be tricking anyone.