UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tinker Traps

CowboyP

Wanderer
Tinker Traps

Ok, I gm'd tinkering and I tried to make a explosion trapped small crate (you know, the ones that are trapped but unlocked) but I cant get it to work. What are the exact steps to doing this? I searched the forums but I cant figure it out.

Jeepy2k

Wanderer
Re: Tinker Traps

Apperantly you can't do that here. I tried the very same thing yesterday upon GM tinkering. I did the method just like on the production shards. It doesn't work here. I played around with it, and realized trapped boxes are useless. You can cast magic unlock on it and the thing opens and trap is disarmed. lol. WtF is that.

Jam-hybrid

Knight

You can do it, I don't know the trick but my thief has been killed a number of times from a tinkered trapped box.

CowboyP

Wanderer

My thief has also been killed by them. On thing that I've noticed is that the only people that I've seen carry them are japs.

D

djstepanek

It worked for me a while ago but I tried it last time this topic came up and counldn't get it to work :(

Flipper

Knight

I definitely miss trapped boxes, I thought they weren't here... I've never seen them.

CowboyP

Wanderer

They are here. I know for a fact and so do others. Cant we atleast get a GM or someone to say something about this? If you could make them but cant anymore, fine, just tell us that.

Phyrex

Page

I've tested this with a player and we could indeed not get them to work. We tried all the steps as per OSI.
In my personal experience, I have only seen Faction Traps works.

jiveturkey

Wanderer

I have a GM tinker, and I know for sure they go off when being locked-picked or broke open with an axe. I've had them go off in my backpack when a thief was trying to steal from me, but I think the trap went off because a thief was using a lockpick, but I'm not sure on that.

Gimly-hybrid

Wanderer

Perhaps it is best to ask Mark or Ryan if traps work on this shard. I've never attempted to use this skill, but have considered it. By the sounds of it, not many people have succeeded in creating non-faction traps.

I haven't seen the skill "Remove Trap" mentioned by anyone. I do believe you need to GM this skill to make this work correctly.