UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thieves and Thievery: The Guide.

giovant

Wanderer
Re: Thieves and Thievery: The Absolute Guide.

While using the above methods for macroing stealth, I kept running into trouble. Sometimes it skips a step or does the same thing twice for whatever reason. So, I made my own to combat any possible problem that may happen while macroing stealth. It's a really lengthy macro, but it works perfectly fine for me in gaining those last few points of hiding and the 50% stealth that I still need to raise. Here you go:

UseSkill Stealth
If (SysMessage "you must wait a few moments to use another skill.")
Pause 10.00sec
EndIf
If (SysMessage "you begin to move quietly.")
Pause 10.00sec
EndIf
If (SysMessage "you fail in your attempt to move unnoticed.")
Pause 10.00sec
UseSkill Hiding
Pause 10.00sec
EndIf
If (SysMessage "you must hide first")
Pause 10.00sec
UseSkill Hiding
Pause 10.00sec
EndIf

It's huge, I know, and takes forever to code in. I tried using "Else" but it didn't seem to work correctly. This works fine for me and it never gets stuck if I fail to hide or a "wait" step is somehow skipped. Hope this helps those that were having the same problems as I, if that was anybody at all. :)

sneak thiefs are only good for stealing valuable objects. Id rather steal someones bandaids or mandrake root, let them attack me, and take their whole bag of goodies.

I just hate the 10 other players that jump in on the fun

double.think

Wanderer

Just stole a mages whole lot of regs. Then watched him shout "Wis Quas" and "Kal Vas Flam" ... but nothing happened. *g*

VashTheStampede;1454849 said:
sneak thiefs are only good for stealing valuable objects. Id rather steal someones bandaids or mandrake root, let them attack me, and take their whole bag of goodies.

I just hate the 10 other players that jump in on the fun

Well now i'm a disarm thief too.

Now i'm SUPER annoying lol.

franco80

Wanderer

I made a thief, just like the first post said. Hiding
Stealth
Snoop
Stealing
Magery
Eva Int
Meditation

I was wondering, what stats should I go for? Does a higher dex count toward the success rate of stealing?

i tried making a macro for stealing mandrake root 'target by type' and it just steals from me every time. is a macro not possible for stealing?

lehboss

Wanderer

My build is:

Arms Lore
Healing
Hiding
Snooping
Stealing
Stealth
Wrestling

My question is, will I fail at healing without anatomy?
My goal is to be a disarm theif as well as to be a 'sneak-up-and-steal' theif.

Thoughts?

chukwa

Wanderer

2 questions

1. how much gold can i steal, my gm stealing thief can only steal between 100 to 400 of a guy who has 20000 gold on him!!!

2 why am i permagrey on death?

Syrinax

Wanderer

chukwa;1471547 said:
2 questions

1. how much gold can i steal, my gm stealing thief can only steal between 100 to 400 of a guy who has 20000 gold on him!!!

2 why am i permagrey on death?
1. Because you can only steal a items of a certain weight. Basically, for every 10 points of stealing you have, you can steal 1 stone. Therefore, with 100 stealing, the most you will be able to steal is 500 gold (given that 50 gold is 1 stone).

2. No idea. This should reset after you die.

U

Unregistered

I already got all requirement,gm stealing,7days,and real time over 40 hours.but i still cant join the thieves’ guild,vandoren(NPC) say: this guild is for cunning thieves,not oafish cutthroats.when i type vandoren join.why did he say that?what can i do?tell me,,please.thx a lots

Overmann

Sorceror

^ Probably because you have murder counts. Thieves must have 0 short term and long term counts before being able to join. Conversely, gaining any murder counts as a thief will eject you from the thieves guild until all counts have disappeared.

Heres a pretty weird template, thought it had a couple possibilities since I could hide my pet while stealing from them and trap them when they think they are chasing a weakling thief :D I can also do a share of damage with magic too.

Stealing
Snooping
Meditation
Magery
Eval Int
Animal Lore
Animal Taming

I also thought about who expects someone riding a mare to be riffling through their backpack? :D

ive already gmed all the skills, took me about 2 days, once I get in the thief guild Ill test it out.

S

SneakyAba

I paged a GM today asking if dex affected stealing success rate, and he claimed it's purely based off the skill.

If this is true then it's awesome, since I want a (pvp) magethief :)
I'm thinking:

1. Stealing
2. Magery
3. Eval
4. Medi
5. Resist
6. Hiding / Wrestling
7. Stealth / Anatomy

Not entirely sure which 6 and 7 I'd prefer yet though, so I'll just try both since it's so easy to grind skills here :p

It's been ~5 years since i played so will probably take a while before I remember how to "ride the bicycle" ^^

Arend

Wanderer

Couple questions:

Do you still go perma from stealing from Reds?

Is tracking still over-powered/steal underpowered?

I haven't really played since December.

And people, it's thief not theif.