UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The True Yew Militia: Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The True Yew Militia: Rebirth

Hail and well met! I am Rehsif Ap Lioc, Captain of the Yew Militia. It has been many years since Major Nocturne disbanded the Yew Militia, but trouble is brewing deep within the recesses of the world. It is said that evil creatures are stirred to unrest and death and deceit ravage the lands. With Nocturne aged and tired of the politics, he has reformed the Militia with new faces willing to lead to keep peace once again throughout Yew. Word has it there is a rebel force masquerading as the Militia, claiming that they are the true Yewians and that we were but puppets of Lord British. I guess their claims will be put to the test.

OOC: Heyya I'm Rehsif and I've been apart of the Yew Militia for nearly 2 years. I was the Ranger Commander during the second time we came to Hybrid. I quit shortly before we made our move to Divinity.

Currently we are preparing for Darkfall. There is only so much one can do with limited information though, so some of us have been looking for a filler game until the release. Coming back to UO after AoC flopped has been something I've been thinking about for quite awhile.

My goal is to get the new and old guys of the militia experience with how the Militia works and operates. UO is familiar grounds to us and it will be able to show others who have joined us post-UO how we run things. I am not going to try and steal members from other guilds, but I won't turn away any who wish to join us. Our goal is not to be a "grief" guild that a few of you have already accused of trying to be, but I was here when Noc had to deal with all that drama so I am somewhat prepared for what we will be accused of.

Right now we are still setting up leadership roles and finding a place for us to get the stone up and running. We have a lot more preparation to do before we will be able to field any kind of force, but preparations are being readied. Note: I have the official sanction from the Yew Militia to restart this branch.

If interest remains high, even after DF's release, then we may keep the branch officially open. We shall see what happens when that time comes.

http://yewmilitia.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=49357&TabID=1840720

Those of you who have questions or concerns, please relate them to me at 343659508.

Engage

Wanderer
Re: The True Yew Militia: Rebirth

Welcome back.

My only request would be that you somehow find a way to work with LordCool's YEW rather than against them. I realise this may not be possible, however, It would be great for the RP community to have one strong united guild rather than 2 smaller guilds constantly bickering.

Just something to keep in mind. Whatever you decide let me know if there is any assistance I can provide. AIM: SeerEngage

Noc

Wanderer

Engage;1761549 said:
Welcome back.

My only request would be that you somehow find a way to work with LordCool's YEW rather than against them. I realise this may not be possible, however, It would be great for the RP community to have one strong united guild rather than 2 smaller guilds constantly bickering.

Just something to keep in mind. Whatever you decide let me know if there is any assistance I can provide. AIM: SeerEngage

He has been informed on what he can do if he wants to seek that path, we're just waiting on his response.

LordCool

Wanderer

Noc;1761560 said:
He has been informed on what he can do if he wants to seek that path, we're just waiting on his response.

Sorry Noc, I am not on board with you. You have made to many not so subtle threats. I have nothing against yewmilitia.com but you have made a very poor representative. We are only 3 weeks old and 13 members strong, I am not changing because some old member came back and started trying to tell me what to do.

We are the NEW Yew Militia, reborn from the ashes of the old dead Yew Militia, it is written into our role and is part of our story. You are working very hard to undo something fun and enjoyable to others.

You packed up from this shard a long time ago, why don't you pick up a copy of Fallout 3 while you wait for darkenfell or whatever. Your just trying to control something that you can't.

LordCool;1761569 said:
Sorry Noc, I am not on board with you. You have made to many not so subtle threats. I have nothing against yewmilitia.com but you have made a very poor representative. We are only 3 weeks old and 13 members strong, I am not changing because some old member came back and started trying to tell me what to do.

We are the NEW Yew Militia, reborn from the ashes of the old dead Yew Militia, it is written into our role and is part of our story. You are working very hard to undo something fun and enjoyable to others.

You packed up from this shard a long time ago, why don't you pick up a copy of Fallout 3 while you wait for darkenfell or whatever. Your just trying to control something that you can't.

[e claps

We want to work on strengthening this community not filling it with disgruntle temporary guilds who are just waiting for another game to pick up and high tail it out of here. this new yew militia guild (noc's yew militia) is just going to seriously damage the community and cause a lot of problems. They are here to control, defeat and destroy one of the good rp guilds that is here to stay. I have to talk with other vampires first but I am going to try to push for tcd to consider nocs guild what they are griefers to the yew militia guild. They will be treated as griefers kos dry loot. Our community does not take shit from players like this and staff should not be supporting something that is so obvious.

Noc if you want to actually start an rp guild on hybrid thats legit find a different name and start it up and I will help you get started. But not this bullshit.

~Heracles

zagar2323

Wanderer

I agree. The one that lordcool is making is better suited for this community. Why come back to grief then leave when darkfall comes out..which it isnt. it's gunna get pushed back. Open beta hasn't even opened.

Noc

Wanderer

zagar2323;1761716 said:
I agree. The one that lordcool is making is better suited for this community. Why come back to grief then leave when darkfall comes out..which it isnt. it's gunna get pushed back. Open beta hasn't even opened.

The Yew branch on Hybrid may or may not close, depends on the Yew Militia's interest in it, far more than my own. We have actually, also, generated NEW interest with the Hyperion Kingdom with those seeking to discover UO for the first time. There has been discussion on the Kingdom forums playing on a UO shard for quite some time.

Should the Duchy of Wessex or Realm of Kirdain make branches here we will ensure we do what we can to help them along.

Herecles dumping on our nuts is nothing new, it's to be expected. TcD in a greif war with Yew is also nothing new, but not something worth partaking in. If you want to damage the community that would certainly help that along, especially with the idea of us bringing in new guilds and new players. However I assume Redguard will understand and appreciate the situation far better than you Herc.

Apparently it's hip to make copy-cat guilds and claim it as your own when the actual guild takes notice. It would be interesting to see how Bloodclan or Shadowclan would react to un-authorized branches taking the respective names.

I am sure TcD would have something to say about someone prancing around as TcD on Hybrid or other shards without their consent.

I imagine we'll ignore LordCool and he'll just ignore us.

Noc

Wanderer

plague_spores;1761713 said:
Noc if you want to actually start an rp guild on hybrid thats legit find a different name and start it up and I will help you get started. But not this bullshit.

~Heracles

Right, because roleplaying the guild myself and true yewians built for 8 years is totally out of line.

I don't see why both of you guys can't co exist btw, figure out some sort of a middle ground. It's always good to see more rpers on this shard, what's in a name really? What truly matters is the people in your guild and how you guys rp.

Im going to wate and see what happens before i say anything more in the matter, we can speculate and speculate but actions speak louder then words. I seriously doubt Noc's yew is going to just be a griefer guild against the other yew. Something tells me that Noc has higher ambitions then that. We are ultima players at heart, all most of us need is a little jump kick to get back into the game. To say that Noc's only reason to come on this shard is to grief the other yew guild is just not looking at the big picture.

Although Noc i'm afraid you are going to come back to a changed rp community. There is no big roe that everyone follows now a days, mounted combat is the norm, and looting to a certain degree is encouraged. Anyhow, play nice guys because a grief war is always the last resort because even if you win you still loose.

Noc;1761818 said:
However I assume Redguard will understand and appreciate the situation far better than you Herc.

Well perhaps he will but unfortunately its all vampires decision not mine or redguards alone. We will see how things play out and we will decide as to what tcd will do in time based on majority rules of vampires.

Also TcD never has to worry about another TcD in our absence because we dont quit hybrid.

Noc

Wanderer

plague_spores;1761855 said:
Well perhaps he will but unfortunately its all vampires decision not mine or redguards alone. We will see how things play out and we will decide as to what tcd will do in time based on majority rules of vampires.

Also TcD never has to worry about another TcD in our absence because we dont quit hybrid.

That is true, but that is why I said "if". Yew is a big guild and goes well out of the bounds of one free UO shard.

We are not here to greif the copy guild; playing UO again (even if temporary) has been a discussion long before LordCool. It did however add icing to the cake in making a decision on what shard to get something going on.

Red- Are there even the basic gentlemen's rules of disarm only? Weapons/Regents/Bandages/pots? Anything goes?

Without heavy support and lots of active Orcs Yew will not try and go the pure footed route anymore, we just have to accept Hybrid is a mounted mans world, so you will see a combination of bola teams and mounted Yewians.

Noc;1761858 said:
That is true, but that is why I said "if". Yew is a big guild and goes well out of the bounds of one free UO shard.

We are not here to greif the copy guild; playing UO again (even if temporary) has been a discussion long before LordCool. It did however add icing to the cake in making a decision on what shard to get something going on.

Red- Are there even the basic gentlemen's rules of disarm only? Weapons/Regents/Bandages/pots? Anything goes?

Without heavy support and lots of active Orcs Yew will not try and go the pure footed route anymore, we just have to accept Hybrid is a mounted mans world, so you will see a combination of bola teams and mounted Yewians.

Yeah its usually disarm only. it is ultimately left up to each individual guild as to what they enforce for looting. I know tcd it is free to do as you want if they are not in a known rp guild. If with a vampire it is the vampires decision whether to no loot or disarm loot rpers. We have not really been looting rp guilds unless something as arises as you understand from your experiences. Something like they start res fighting or healing their guildmates at that point we usually say okay disarm them.

I believe you when you say it has been a discussion before his guild about returning. You have to understand how you sounded. You came into his thread all defensive about the use of the name yew militia and the ideas. If you would have just started your own thread about the return of your yew militia probably wouldnt have been taken so hostile. who knows things might have been different with the new yew militia guild.

is everyonbe else so blind? The old Yew mil. Is still under Lord British's rule, while the new yew has broken off from him. If that isnt a beautifull ground for some heavy and hearty filled RP'ing then you all sux. Btw, My mercs are for hire at 1.5k per head they bring in with a starting base of 5k...

Noc

Wanderer

DragonSlayer69r;1761926 said:
is everyonbe else so blind? The old Yew mil. Is still under Lord British's rule, while the new yew has broken off from him. If that isnt a beautifull ground for some heavy and hearty filled RP'ing then you all sux. Btw, My mercs are for hire at 1.5k per head they bring in with a starting base of 5k...

Yew broke free from Lord British in a rather intricate Seer run event.

The copy-cat Yew Militia will simply be treated as such. The Yew Militia (true-born) will RP as the Yew Militia returned to duty.

We'll simply let whatever develops in game develop, minus our glorious [Yew] tag.

And Herc, I would be a crappy GM of the Yew Militia if I didn't fight for our namesake and our rightfully earned/deserved guild name and theme that we created. I should only hope you and Red would be incredibly pissed about a copy-cat guild using your guild tag and name AND theme without consent or even a whisper to the parent, or "Hey Im doing this, is that cool with the Militia?". No respect given, none shall be delivered. Especially if we are still around and active. There is a reason myself and our command staff refuse to give up our guild, and quite frankly I don't think I'll ever let it die til' I simply am unable to play at a PC anymore! Even then someone else in the guild with the weight and respect earned will take over.

It would have been a huge trust-granting leap to let this LordCool guy run with our name officially even if he wanted to go through the proper channels. We however would have worked with him, unfortunately his responses so far are nothing but claims to ownership. Given the facts that he is an ex-Yew Militia, claiming they are roleplaying the reformed Yew Militia, using similiar ranks and theme, using the same name and guild-tag, we will always have a problem with it's existence.

zagar2323

Wanderer

Ya...but u guys left thats the reason...the other guilds orc n stuff are still active.

Noc

Wanderer

zagar2323;1761952 said:
Ya...but u guys left thats the reason...the other guilds orc n stuff are still active.

Guilds go inactive all the time. It doesn't mean there is room to just make another one, especially when a quick trip to the site would tell you the players are still around. Nobody would ever dream of creating Shadowclan on Hybrid without Shadowclan's permission, or resurrecting Shadowclan on another shard they've been on without talking to the guild and it's leaders.

If Bloodclan goes inactive for a few months that doesn't give anyone the right to remake it and claim it as their own guild. Sure they CAN, but they are just being a dick. Granted Yew Militia hasn't been on Hybrid for a good while but we kept the stone/house up for as long as we could in case we ever made a re-appearance. It doesn't mean the multi-shard, multi-gaming guild of the Yew Militia was dead and inactive.

How should it have gone? A simple post on our forums: "Hey guys it seems RP on Hybrid is picking back up, anyone interested in forming the Militia again? I used to be a member and had fun when it was around, who is game?"

"Hey me woohoo"

"Yea sure! Whose ganna lead it?"

"We have actually been considering the options of a UO branch, good timing!"

Obviously this "Ex Yew Militia member" simply does not keep pace or keep up with the website or his former guild-mates.

zagar2323

Wanderer

My way of saying you guys arnt around anymore is when your house n stone fell... atleast the orcs n vampires and every other guild take the time to refresh there "kingdom" if your not resposible to either have a member or even yourself refresh it. then it is YOUR loss.

Noc;1761961 said:
Guilds go inactive all the time. It doesn't mean there is room to just make another one, especially when a quick trip to the site would tell you the players are still around. Nobody would ever dream of creating Shadowclan on Hybrid without Shadowclan's permission, or resurrecting Shadowclan on another shard they've been on without talking to the guild and it's leaders.

If Bloodclan goes inactive for a few months that doesn't give anyone the right to remake it and claim it as their own guild. Sure they CAN, but they are just being a dick. Granted Yew Militia hasn't been on Hybrid for a good while but we kept the stone/house up for as long as we could in case we ever made a re-appearance. It doesn't mean the multi-shard, multi-gaming guild of the Yew Militia was dead and inactive.

How should it have gone? A simple post on our forums: "Hey guys it seems RP on Hybrid is picking back up, anyone interested in forming the Militia again? I used to be a member and had fun when it was around, who is game?"

"Hey me woohoo"

"Yea sure! Whose ganna lead it?"

"We have actually been considering the options of a UO branch, good timing!"

Obviously this "Ex Yew Militia member" simply does not keep pace or keep up with the website or his former guild-mates.

Yah, he should have gotten permission but it never happened. I always knew this day would come. Thing is Noc, these guys have established themselves rp wise on this shard. This shard has always been open to all rp guilds regardless of their origin (like the million undead offshoots on this server). What sucks about being blue is that simply killing these guys won't be a very viable solution, that and it will anger a lot of people who have been enjoying rping with these guys for a while. I think if you guys really worked together you could come up with a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.