UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Shape of Things to Come

mytilus

Sorceror
Where was the server moved? cincinatti

Where is the point system for doom? still waiting for xavier to add new monster ai maybe?? lol

I also would like to know why the object delays are 800ms when its not even that high on osi?

this was another of xavier's 'fixes' to thwart the autolooter in auo, it was first a full second delay, i guess 750ms is supposed to be a compromise. The funny part is chun had already given him the code to enable 'negotiate features". I guess torture for everyone was a better fix than simply disabling it serverside. He has since changed this delay back to 'normal' on his server (also funny!).

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
dont expect this to happen they didnt even code ML Quest or anything about ML i dont even think they can code lol
You bite your tongue, mister. I coded the ML quest system. :cool:

Can we get the doom point system?
We can, and we will. The point system has been undergoing testing and tweaking in the past 2 weeks to allow for it to be added without seriously devaluing Doom artifacts. (The original coded system was way too generous.)

I don't usually give ETAs, but the point system is coming either this week or the next.

Voldy

Page
On that note if you are in Doom please turn bone cutter on. (UOSteam Options>General Check "Gauntlet Bone Cutter click set blade target a blade. Yes it will interupt healing and spells so watch your health and your pets try to stay healed so its not an issue I usually heal pet and others when DF is up, in rooms i usually just attack) Stack with everyone else in the corner on Dark Father. The "Tank" (usually a pet but i have seen some awesome dexxers in there) dying is usually a bad thing Healing someone is not the worst thing you can do with your time. Rotting corpses that are left alive (usually spawned by not enough ppl stacked and cutting bones) to DP the tank is not going to help anyone. Has anyone ever gotten any arties off the lesser spawn? Thought those were supposed to have a very slight chance to drop arties also? If you are consistently getting the message "You did not earn the rights to loot this creature" You did not do enough damage and you need to rethink your template for Doom. Slayer books and weapons are pretty much standard items u need there. The faster you can run thru gaunlet the more chances at an arty. Sorry my ADHD kicked in there. I meant to say thank you staff for your work and will cross healing others and pets also earn points in this new system?

Whatever98

Squire
yeah i still think my 5 arte drop visit to gauntlet was from last time you put the point system on for like a week..

i personally dont mind the current system... i reckon the point system should be used to decide who the arte that drops goes to, rather than it modifying the actual chance that one will drop. that last system was whacked tho tbh, if it stayed on i'd have been pulling 3 artes a night easily

Voldy

Page
(The original coded system was way too generous.)
So everyone who is wanting the point system because they do not get arties is really making it harder on themselves? LOL I missed this the first time I read that. Better get to doom and start doing it right people. People who have just started over or starting out grind for arties. Doom is easy with the right tactics, template, gear and awareness of noobs running around with their heads cut off. Only two ways to get arties starting out. farm them or steal them. Some of us would rather farm then steal. Oh and ok you could kill blood ellies but yea how many would that be to get an Orny?

Whatever98

Squire
about 100 hours of solid grind, it would take you to get 35mil off blood eles. averaging 10 seconds per ele, and 1000 gold per kill.
but you would get items too, and in that time you'd get one that would sell for mils.

he means the original point system code, not the code gauntlet uses at the moment.
as it is, newbies have as much chance to get orne in doom as the veterans, they just have to get loot rights. i dont see that as stealing personally. i think it's nice :p

the problem is veterans tend to think more damage = more artes, cos they is a bit dim. lol
but it means you get a zero luck archer for example doing most damage, meaning every boss that dies gets 0 luck roll, which means not much artes for anyone.
the reason i drop more artes than most is just because i can do most damage, and have some luck on my guy. but who it drops to is totally random, i really dont mind other people getting them tbh. feels fairer than if i just got every single one from being top damager :/

if point system only does who the arte drops to, then it will keep the rarity, no more artes will drop than do now, but it will always go to the person that has been in and killing monsters the most.

tbh, point system might suck, because it discourages tamers, which means less dragon tanks, and more zero luck dps guys :/
because more points are given for more damage on the target, and the points decide who the arte will actually drop to...
because people will be more bothered about getting highest damage than taking luck, fewer artes will actually drop, but when they do, the higher damagers will get them...

but im not impartial, i like the current format, and it works for my character. low damagers like tank tamers will still be able to get highest overall damage for the drop, but it'll take them a long time. just seems like DPS junkies being selfish to me, like "i'd rather get 1 arte for my time here than 3 artes drop to other people"

the difficulty they have i think, is trying to use everyone's damage, and everyone's luck, to work out individual drop rates for each person. which would work out much fairer, but is extremely hard to balance

Voldy

Page
as it is, newbies have as much chance to get orne in doom as the veterans, they just have to get loot rights. i dont see that as stealing personally. i think it's nice :p
I like it as well, Im one of those noobs who got an Orny :) Also I dont consider this stealing as well. Seems fair because if you play right and build an actual template that survives and does damage you should have a decent chance at a drop. I meant actually being a douche bag and scamming someone via too many methods to mention. I consider this bad form. :) I did however realize there is another way to get arties. IDOCS if you are lucky enough lol

hickman48

Knight
tbh, point system might suck, because it discourages tamers, which means less dragon tanks, and more zero luck dps guys :/
because more points are given for more damage on the target, and the points decide who the arte will actually drop to...
because people will be more bothered about getting highest damage than taking luck, fewer artes will actually drop, but when they do, the higher damagers will get them...

You don't seem to understand how the point system actually works it will not go to the highest damage dealer it works like tots ie the more mobs you kill the higher % you will have for an arty on the next mob you kill until one spawns in your back pack then your points reset everyone else still had their points up till they get an arty and so on.

Whatever98

Squire
yeah but if you have 5 people killing doom bosses, and they get equal points, then when they have enough to drop an arte, 5 artes will drop, where 1 might have dropped otherwise.

if the points are heavily based on the top damagers, then 1 person will get tons of artes, while the low damagers (tamers for example) will get very few.

all im saying is it's extremely hard to balance a system like that so it's fair on everyone, while not having millions of artifacts spawning.

just have a lil faith in the scripters tho, and give them the time they need to get it right :)
the current system isn't *too* bad, it's just real life luck rather than simulated 'fairer' luck, and it's better to wait for a good point system than put a bad one in, as shown by the last attempt

Voldy

Page
What kind of tamer are we talking about here an ABC tamer? Cause necro tamers that cast offensive spells with a Gdrag tank seem to do decent damage and I'm working on a necro/spellweaver tamer that i think is going to put out fair damage. I pulled the HoM on my Necro/Tamer and I healed others a lot and used mostly corpseskin, strangle and poison strike when i could on DF. Which is also why I would like to know in this point system do you receive points for healing pets and others who are damaged?

Whatever98

Squire
doubt you'd get points for healing, but just guessing.

tamers can do decent damage, but you have to remember that a dexxer will be hitting every 1.25 seconds, and with slayer, consecrate, enemy of one, honor target, all that kinda stuff; they can be hitting for like 180+ damage each swing