UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Shape of Things to Come

mytilus

Sorceror
i farmed doom for money, did alright :p...

In 1999 I sat in delucia with all the other cool kids, i sold colored forest ostards for a whopping 1k each and spent daaaaaaaays in the brand new ice dungeon where I farmed ice snakes until I finally got the shiny new glacial staff I was after. Then I spent a few hours spamming at brit bank until I sold it for 100k, now i was mega rich! Shit, I did alright too :p

Thing is though, It's not 1999

About a year and a half ago I bought several bottles of pigment from adon for 1kk per charge to the tune of about 60 or 70kk. I think a month or two later x returns and decides to turn tots back on (enough said)
In december I purchased a full set of resist earrings for like 60kk, not even a week later i find out they are dropping in xmas town and selling much cheaper than what I paid.
Last year I bought a brand new truck, the moment I drove it off the lot the value dropped by 5000 dollars.

the moral of these stories? shit happens
should chevrolet limit the number of automobiles they produce each year to ensure peoples trade in values stay high? sounds like another good poll question to me...

Whatever98

Squire
Drucilia and pepeuneto both 2007 creation.. pepeuneto only posts 30 messages in 7 years, and it happens to be perfect timing to back your point.
i smell a second forum account?

it's not crying veterans, it's crying noobs who are too short sighted to understand the game will have no lastability if everything takes a day to complete. you want to run bods for 2 months, go run bods, it's hard work and a pain in the ass, and sooooo boring you would not believe. but if you're so pissed at doom then go do that, run bods and buy them, im happy to have someone to sell my artes to, less people means more drops for the people who will stick with it

Whatever98

Squire
Idiot. Let me make this simple.
2 months straight collecting Resets or farming gold = enough money to buy any arties you could want. With a garantee.
2 mths in gaunt = SFA chance of dropping any arty and 10% chance that arty will be useful/ valuable.

That tells me the system aint working.

that's funny, cos that tells me the price of those 10% good artes should be higher price.
simpler way to balance it isn't it?

also tells me you're a bit of a QQer that clearly hasn't even farmed bods, or you'd be happy about how relatively cheap it is?

stop trying to change the game around what you want and learn to play it ¬_¬
you dont see me constantly complaining about champ spawns and demanding they lower the number of monsters it takes to gain levels on them and stuff

so go on, farm bods, get rich, and when someone finds an orne, you can bid against them for it with your wealth. they will do the same, price will go up, and that's called an economy.

i mean god forbid you actually have to play the game and work for your items! D:

sorry to keep adding to this, but it has actually annoyed me, i mean players do their thing to make money, some people run champ spawns, some people run bods, some people run doom; it's whatever fits in to your play style and suits the kind of character you want to play. those play styles interact and all produce goods the others want/need, that's how players trade and the game becomes awesome. each is hard in it's own right, and that's why they have value.
all you've really made a case for here, is that people that run doom dont get paid enough for their artes.

yes 90% of the artes are trash, but 95% of runic crafts are trash. it's a jackpot style of gameplay, a gamble, if you want to run bods instead and do the slow steady sure thing, then do that. that's your choice.

Slugworth

Squire
that's funny, cos that tells me the price of those 10% good artes should be higher price.
simpler way to balance it isn't it?

also tells me you're a bit of a QQer that clearly hasn't even farmed bods, or you'd be happy about how relatively cheap it is?

stop trying to change the game around what you want and learn to play it ¬_¬
you dont see me constantly complaining about champ spawns and demanding they lower the number of monsters it takes to gain levels on them and stuff

so go on, farm bods, get rich, and when someone finds an orne, you can bid against them for it with your wealth. they will do the same, price will go up, and that's called an economy.

i mean god forbid you actually have to play the game and work for your items! D:

sorry to keep adding to this, but it has actually annoyed me, i mean players do their thing to make money, some people run champ spawns, some people run bods, some people run doom; it's whatever fits in to your play style and suits the kind of character you want to play. those play styles interact and all produce goods the others want/need, that's how players trade and the game becomes awesome. each is hard in it's own right, and that's why they have value.
all you've really made a case for here, is that people that run doom dont get paid enough for their artes.
Why don't you tell Xavier yourself.

Drucilia

Knight
Think this guys gunna cry coz he is a nerd virgin who has only artifacts to keep him warm at night haha.
Shard needs to get with the times or stay stagnant for ever.

pepeuneto

Sorceror
Drucilia and pepeuneto both 2007 creation.. pepeuneto only posts 30 messages in 7 years, and it happens to be perfect timing to back your point.
i smell a second forum account?

it's not crying veterans, it's crying noobs who are too short sighted to understand the game will have no lastability if everything takes a day to complete. you want to run bods for 2 months, go run bods, it's hard work and a pain in the ass, and sooooo boring you would not believe. but if you're so pissed at doom then go do that, run bods and buy them, im happy to have someone to sell my artes to, less people means more drops for the people who will stick with it

ima fake account? rofl. Ive losted my account cause I was too long without logging. And yes, im a newb but not a moron like u who wants to be the only one who has an item.

Whatever98

Squire
i've probably dropped somewhere around this many artes over time, probably more tbh, and this was before the point system. most of these will have been gotten from big 6 month periods of not really playing at all, i just log in for like an hour or 2 here and there for a few rounds, then log out in the storage room, my character will stay in doom for literally months though. but only be played for about a total of 30 hours over that time period. then you come back to the game when you have time to play properly. or you could just do the 30 hours over a week and get like 4-5 artes if you wanted, it's really not that hard, just takes perseverance and patience. those numbers are rough like, but the point is the same.

Arcane Shield x 1
Armor of Fortune x 2
Axe of the Heavens x 3
Blade of Insanity x 2
Bone Crusher x 5
Bracelet of Health x 4
Breath of the Dead x 3
Divine Countenance x 4
Frostbringer x 2
Gauntlets of Nobility x 2
Hat of the Magi x 3
Helm of Insight x 4
Holy Knight's Breastplate x 3
Hunter's Headdress x 1
Jackal's Collar x 5
Legacy of the Dread Lord x 8
Leggings of Bane x 2
Midnight Bracers x 2
Ornament of the Magician x 1
Ornate Crown of the Harrower x 3
Ring of the Elements x 5
Ring of the Vile x 3
Serpent's Fang x4
Shadow Dancer Leggings x 4
Spirit of the Totem x 0
Staff of the Magi x 8
The Beserker's Maul x 3
The Dragon Slayer x 5
The Dryad Bow x 4
The Taskmaster x 3
Tunic of Fire x 1
Voice of the Fallen King x 3
Ægis x2

Blade of the righteous x 4
Titans hammer x 0
Zycronic Claw x 0

and i've probably made over 3 times the value of all these from loot items
but the idea is you sell what you get but dont need, and buy what you need but dont get, that's the whole point of money lol

doom is not *for* noob, but noob does have just as much chance to hit jackpot roll as a vet, just vets will get more rolls. the fortune is not in getting the roll, it's in getting the right arte. but even if you dont get jackpot, you still get good thing to sell a lot of the time.
that's WHY orne isn't like 60+mil, because noob CAN drop it, and they dont apreciate just how lucky that drop is, and so dont mind selling at cheaper price, it is already very cheap for it's rarity though, dropping more would only saturate the market. there needs to be more demand than supply for them to get decent value. it's all very finely balanced, and personally im very impressed that staff have kept that balance and still implemented the point system safety net.

800-5kk is a good pay day for mid level people. that's the problem tbh, you dont appreciate that because you hang around with the uber players who generate insane amounts of money. if you wanna be an uber player, then put in the time as a mid level player and get set up enough to do it.

uo is not like wow where you rush to level 80 so you can get to the end game content, it's a mixed world, thats why wow is now dead, and uo isn't. the game needs players of all levels, it needs people mining, it needs people farming leather, it needs people farming resets, it needs people farming miasma, it needs people farming doom; and the economy compensates for it with supply:demand, making it fairer for everyone.

this is the same issue xavier had with tailoring the game to end game players and trying to rush everyone to that point. it's not sustainable, no-one apreciates anything, and the game just becomes a cluster fuck of noob dickheads who dont give a shit about the server or the population.

also what is the point of being an uber player if that's easy to achieve? you should respect the hard work and/or dedication these people put into their hobbies to create these things. it's like me complaining to god that i cant become an awesome guitarist in a day, and demanding god alter my brain so i can learn it in a day, else im not playing.

3:05+ (specifically 4:10+)

Whatever98

Squire

Ortiz

Sorceror
for about 5 weeks straight before they added point system i was putting in 6-7 hours a night in gauntlet. over that time period i got 3 arties. 2 bracelets of health and a berserker maul. after point system was added i have put in about 20 hours with nothing. something needs to be done about drop rates. uo is an old game. there needs to be some compromise for different playstyles and gearing chars. pvm chars might not mind the grind so much. people who pvp want gear so that they can compete on the field and have fun. this is what it boils down to.

mytilus

Sorceror
faction arties on a server that allows 4 accounts for free would be gimp as fuck...

factions wouldn't change except instead of only joining tb for easy coon they would join other factions too for easy silver and to farm points.

Slugworth

Squire
faction arties on a server that allows 4 accounts for free would be gimp as fuck...

factions wouldn't change except instead of only joining tb for easy coon they would join other factions too for easy silver and to farm points.
Its 2014? Who cares? Faction arties won't make anyone better at pvp, it will just make more people willing to try...