UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The lack of civility and humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The lack of civility and humanity

People just have to remember yes you have freedom of speech; however, you only have this until you start taking the rights of others away from them, then you lose it.

E

exuro_halloween

yeah for civility... no more e rage =)

cobrakaun

Sorceror

I agree, as has everyone else who has posted in here. I hope that some of the players in game can look at this and perhaps consider changing their behavior or the way to speak with each other.

Sadly... UO has always been this way. I've learned to just put up with it by this point in time. I basically solo, 99% of the time, and whether I win in an outnumbered fight, lose in one, win 1v1 or lose, I'm always called some name or told that I'm a newb (even though I've played this game since beta) and I suck.

It's nice every once and a while when someone just says "good fight", or something positive, and we can both walk away happy. It'd be nice though if that happened more often.

JamesD

Wanderer

Yah, 100% agreed... some of the people on this shard are extremely rude and just ridiculous...

jliles72

Sorceror

The newb thing gets me why would someone say that because i dont play as thay do it sucks.Ive been playing UO for years and still at times get called a newb. I just think is sad.

xXGankeDXx

Wanderer

Yea i agree. I have been know to be guilt of this from time to time. But i do not believe i have done it to the extent you are talking about.

daddymack

Sorceror

Ryan, well your right in one regard....for the most part you are wasting your breath. The way I see it, it is a direct reflection of the way the world as a whole is heading (much as we don't want to believe it), and I'm sorry to say that it is another of the signs of the end fast approaching :-(. For my part, I'm simply going to ignore all the crap thrown at me, mainly because it works much better than lowering myself to their level.

Excellent post Ryan thx for addressing the biggest issue that gamers has down calling players isnt cool in anyway shape or form.

where all here to have fun who cares if yaa die keep in mind we all die at one point in time all that matters is that yaa have fun.

Na0cho

Wanderer

The best way to stop it really is to not react like daddymack said. I'd be willign to wager that 95% or more of the people who use those terms arent even rascist. They are just trying to get you pissed or make you angerlog. Its the rise they get out of the person that is the reward. It's not easy to ignore it though, as it even gets me mad sometimes and i TRY to just let it go.

daddymack;1429062 said:
Ryan, well your right in one regard....for the most part you are wasting your breath. The way I see it, it is a direct reflection of the way the world as a whole is heading (much as we don't want to believe it), and I'm sorry to say that it is another of the signs of the end fast approaching :-(. For my part, I'm simply going to ignore all the crap thrown at me, mainly because it works much better than lowering myself to their level.

He might be wasting his breath but at the same time you're completely wrong the whole world isnt heading south and the end isnt fast approaching lol.. The fact of the matter most of this game consists of hundreds of teens including myself who are influenced by all their friends and think its cool to say racist shit.. On the other hand hes right, this wont change much on the server.. Sorry but i do agree..

Status
Not open for further replies.