UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The City of Moonglow [Glow] - Roleplay Guild

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
I am very much wiling to try to host the Assault/Defense of Zorum Barugh again. I Just need to know people are going to show. Alot of Players in BC put alot of work into it, some even had promotions based on this event, and almost no one on the good side showed.

Loathgar

Wanderer
..Yeah I would say the "ball" is most definitely in the RP community's court. Problem is the community is not that big. And like others have said it is very spread out. Since a good portion of us dont use magery it is difficult to check all the various places to see if people are on. The good side needs to make use of RP island. And the evil side will undoubtedly raid it from time to time. I understand everyone's claim to their homeland. We orcs hold the yew orc fort. BUT we have no problem bouncing to other places for events/raids. Since RP island has connections to several other places, it is a good central location.

Is there a server wide RP IRC? That would help with finding out who is online at any given time. So that people can know where to go. It would also help strengthen the whole community by getting people to know eachother.

Events are the other thing we need more of. RP events are what make the RP community. They let us all know when/where people will be. Without something to bring people out of their chosen homelands we will have very little interaction.

awsome

Traveler
The Rangers are going to start doing patrols in "hot spots" all over the map, so we can definitely add the island to the routes. We probably won't be hanging out there a lot or anything though. One nice thing is that one of our guard towers is fairly close to the teleporter entrance in the mountain, so it's not a stretch for us to be there. I haven't been there a lot, but it'd be nice if it had a few other things there, such as mountains to mine & trees to cut, for crafters and such.

A good guild needs to step up and spend almost all time there except for adding peeps to stone. The way the community grows is not by multi guild interactions and community growth as a whole. It grows and swells at time when single guilds focus on their guilds and plan things among themselves. RP interactions start first within individual guilds. Leaders need to be original with ways to keep members interested.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
Loathgar and plague_spores both make valid points. I believe that if the RP community is to be rejuvenated that Guild participation and organization need some more attention, but as spores said, and I agree, it's the LEADERS that are going to make the difference. I am NOT a guild leader, but I would recommend a regular, neutral ground meeting of Guild Leaders only, to discuss current participation rates, events, etc. I see some great leaders in the making here, well lets get together and lead as a community. I'm here for the love of UO, spread the love.

Loathgar

Wanderer
I agree with the leaders meeting stitch. Problem is many guilds do not have a single leader, but rather a council. But an IRC meeting of the minds so to speak would be amazing. One of the higher ups needs to lead the charge on this.

A guilds leader is not always the guild master and just because there is a council does not mean they are the true leaders either. It is hard at times to spot the true leaders of the rp community. Sometimes you need to bypass the guild leaders and talk to the active player who the bulk of other active players look to. Not sure if i am making sense to u guys or not. Just trying to help.

Spudler

Wanderer
I missed a lot over the weekend as I was out of town!

Tjaden (my character) will now spend as much time as possible on the RP island. A reliable presence on the island is all we need, really. Then, as we plan events (which I agree are the heart of any RP community), we will already have a nexus from which to launch the events, which will save a lot of time.