UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Camping Trick Explained

nemnoch

Sorceror
The Camping Trick Explained

I have been seeing more and more campfires around Luna these days, so obviously people are still not quite sure how to do this trick. I will endeavor to explain it in full.

1. Have an Elf. You can do this trick with a human char, but you will have to have a pack full of kindling and you will make a bunch of campfires - both of which is what we do not want to do.

2. You must be at your 700/720 Skill Point Limit. Remove all items of clothing, armor and jewelry from your character. Click on the Skills button on your Paperdoll. Click the little jewel beside Show Real to turn it green. If you have 699.9 or less DO NOT DO THIS TRICK YET.

3. Camping must be at 0.0 and marked to increase. Click on the Skills button on your Paperdoll. Go to Actions -> Camping. Make sure Camping is set at 0.0 and the arrow is pointing up. If you have anything in your Camping skill, get rid of it (Meditation and Focus both gain really fast - you can normally use those skills to get rid of anything you don't want).

4. Get a piece of kindling and put it in your backpack. Walk up to any tree. Double-click on your dagger (everyone carries a dagger in their pack right?) and click on the tree. You will now have a piece of kindling in your pack. You only need 1 for this trick if you have followed these instructions.

5. Set your Stats to raise, lower, or locked. You do this by clicking the arrow next to the stat; up for raise, down to lower, and the lock will keep it where it's at.

6. Go somewhere safe. Go home, or to a city besides Luna. There are plenty of other banks and buildings you can sit at while doing this. Sure, you are not saying anything or casting any kind of spell - but 50 AFK people just standing around still causes needless lag.

7. Run this Razor Macro.

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3553|True
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|strength
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|intelligence
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|dexterity
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:15:00
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Here is what will happen. This macro will constantly try to start a campfire. Since you are at your Skillcap and have 0.0 in Camping, it will never work. However, you are still trying to use the skill - so you will still gain in all of your Stats. All 3 of your Stats can change (increase/decrease) once every 15 minutes. The macro will loop like mad until the first change is spotted. Then it pauses until it is time for the next Stat change.

If you start a campfire, you did something wrong. With 0.0 in your Camping Skill, and with you being at your Skillcap - there is no way you can succeed with making a campfire unless you did not follow these instructions.

I think this covers it completely. If I missed something, please let me know so I can change/update this post.

Thank you.

/Nem

talshar

Wanderer
Re: The Camping Trick Explained

Here is my version. It allows you to restock kindling if you happen to run out (more suited for humans than elves but can be used for both). I also included a check for a certain stat lvl, this can be changed or removed. Finally, I only check for one stat change; in this case is was dexterity. I chose it because at the time I wrote this dex was the last of the 3 stats that increased while I was building stats and they always went in the same order. Was this a fluke or design - I don't know but that's how it worked for me.
If you choose to use this be sure to set a restock agent for your kindling.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|0|kindling
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1080961439|566|1222|31|3709
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.5000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|90
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|your dexterity has changed by +1

nemnoch

Sorceror

Yellek;358323 said:
Here is my version. It allows you to restock kindling if you happen to run out (more suited for humans than elves but can be used for both). I also included a check for a certain stat lvl, this can be changed or removed. Finally, I only check for one stat change; in this case is was dexterity. I chose it because at the time I wrote this dex was the last of the 3 stats that increased while I was building stats and they always went in the same order. Was this a fluke or design - I don't know but that's how it worked for me.
If you choose to use this be sure to set a restock agent for your kindling.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|0|kindling
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1080961439|566|1222|31|3709
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|90
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|your dexterity has changed by +1

Very nice! That will be handy as well.

I plan on writting another little guide probably tomorrow giving in-depth detail for Arms Lore for Humans to use. I prefer that method as Camping for Humans can be too much of a hassle (the sheer weight of a bunch of kindling and the time it takes to get a bunch, you make a fire and/or accidentally run out of kindling and miss your stat gain window, etc., etc.)

talshar

Wanderer

nemnoch;358238 said:
Code:
!Loop
/Nem
I just tried this code out and it doesn't work. It just keeps on going even after the stat gains. Problem may lie in the sys msg statements. My experience has shown me that the syntax has to be exact or it won't work. If this code works for you, as shown, I'm glad but I doubt that it does work.

nemnoch

Sorceror

Yellek;358348 said:
I just tried this code out and it doesn't work. It just keeps on going even after the stat gains. Problem may lie in the sys msg statements. My experience has shown me that the syntax has to be exact or it won't work. If this code works for you, as shown, I'm glad but I doubt that it does work.

It stopped pausing after I added the dexterity message (I only had the str and int message in my original macro and it paused perfectly). However, it still works fine and you will still get your stat gains every 15 minutes (been running it on a char all day now making sure).

DROGADICTO

Sorceror

Yellek;358323 said:
Here is my version. It allows you to restock kindling if you happen to run out (more suited for humans than elves but can be used for both).

You should use arms lore for humans, works as well as camping and you don't need to restock anything. Just loop it on any weapon or armor, following the same rules (skill cap, all skills locked, arms lore pointed to raise, ect).

Hawken

Wanderer

I made a macro to work with arms lore instead of camping. I had to add a 2 second delay at the beginning to prevent the macro from timing out for 30 seconds each time (probably due to lag?).
Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|4
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3922
This does not pause for 15 minutes after a stat gain. The macro just keeps looping. I also tried changing the Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|[Stat] lines to Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|Your [Stat] has changed by 1, but that did not stop it from looping either. Not sure why it doesn't pause for 15 minutes?

nemnoch

Sorceror

The original one I made paused and worked perfectly. I tried to add another IF statement to check for Dex and it stopped pausing. I tried to remove the dex statement and it did not fix it. The darn thing works, it just loops like mad until you get the stats you want.

Punnikin

Wanderer

Sorry to bust in, but I should probably explain this, as it might be very important.

While it is technically true you can only get a stat gain every 15 minutes, that is for each stat. If you leave all stats unlocked you can gain in all 3 within 15 minutes. You can't gain in the same stat within 15 minutes, but you can gain one of each within seconds of another.
Pausing your macro for 15 minutes slows you down unnecessarily. Let it loop every few seconds and ignore the spam. I gained a point of str and a point of dex within 30 seconds time with a 2 second delay.

Unless you're only training a single stat, the 15 minute pause hurts your gains badly.

EDIT: As I typed this out, which took only a couple minutes, I gained a point of int. A gain in each stat point within a very few minutes.

talshar

Wanderer

Punnikin;366723 said:
Sorry to bust in, but I should probably explain this, as it might be very important.

While it is technically true you can only get a stat gain every 15 minutes, that is for each stat. If you leave all stats unlocked you can gain in all 3 within 15 minutes. You can't gain in the same stat within 15 minutes, but you can gain one of each within seconds of another.
Pausing your macro for 15 minutes slows you down unnecessarily. Let it loop every few seconds and ignore the spam. I gained a point of str and a point of dex within 30 seconds time with a 2 second delay.

Unless you're only training a single stat, the 15 minute pause hurts your gains badly.

EDIT: As I typed this out, which took only a couple minutes, I gained a point of int. A gain in each stat point within a very few minutes.

Not sure about other people but the macro I used for stat gains allowed me to gain in each stat before the 15 minute pause. I noted while I was making the macro that each stat gained in a specific order, for me, that is why I chose the stat I did to trigger the pause. So in my case, as I am sure it is with others, adding the 15 minute pause did not slow me down unnecessarily.
Thank you for including the information about gaining all three stats within the 15 minute limit. Some people probably didn't know that.

nemnoch

Sorceror

When I use it, I gain in all 3 stats at the same time. I don't gain STR now, and a minute later gain in INT and/or DEX. I gain in STR, DEX and INT at the same time.

Punnikin

Wanderer

You must have some pretty damn good luck with gains. I wish I could pull that off. I've never gotten even 2 stats to gain at the same time, much less three, but I'm fairly happy with getting all gains within a short time. And all this statty goodness from a single piece of kindling or a dagger. Gotta love it. :)

ZeroNemesis

Wanderer

Not workinng for me
My dex and str is set up, int is set down
i have reach the skillcap
all skills set to raise.
have 0.0 in camping, and its set to raise too

I made a macro to "use skill camping"

and I cant get no stat gain...

what im doing wrong?

[edit]

Im doing it right... and gaining stats... ignore this post

swazzy

Wanderer

I just noticed that for me str raise with arm lore but very little dex (int is locked). Im trying dex only now with detect hidden which doesnt have a delay between skill use... Fire at will just like arm lore.

talshar

Wanderer

swazzy;386418 said:
I just noticed that for me str raise with arm lore but very little dex (int is locked). Im trying dex only now with detect hidden which doesnt have a delay between skill use... Fire at will just like arm lore.
Elf or Human? What are your numbers, are you close to the 225 limit?

swazzy

Wanderer

Im human. at 123/50/27 when i started. I dont go to skill cap, i just train the skill to GM.
I usually raise arm lore to 90 ish and then raise detect hidden to lower arm lore and so on and so on.
I might keep GM detect hidden... Ill probably be the only one to have it.

talshar

Wanderer

swazzy;386499 said:
I might keep GM detect hidden... Ill probably be the only one to have it.
Not really . . . I have it. Don't use it much though.

swazzy

Wanderer

We should sell our service to PVP players and start a Gm Detector guild

[Drakull]

Knight

Or maybe you should just stop using the not as good camping trick and simply use arms lore/item id (similar way, but no need for kindlinds) to raise your stats. It works really well.
top your skills, lock all, set the arms lore & item id to go up and macro arms lore item, item id item in a loop.