UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Template suggestions for crafters

Oaks

Knight
Re: Template suggestions for crafters

Hmm I'm wondering if the Jack of all Trades racial ability of the humans means you would only have to raise music by 25 points in order to reach 45 in it. Do the skills "stack" or do you still have to fill up the 20 basic points you get for free first ?

Keeshi

Sorceror

I don't think so, I think JoaT counts only whne trying to use the skill, I might be wrong though

Tekkamaaan

Wanderer

Jacks works like you described it Oaks - You must have 20.1+ points before Jacks is not in effect for that skill.

Example:

19.7 Focus on a character means you're getting 20.0 Focus as a Human even though you have 19.7 real skill. Once you get to 20.1 Focus, then you will receive the effects from your real skill as opposed to Jacks.

So basically if you aren't going to raise a skill past 30 you probably should just let Jacks take care of it unless you need to hit a certain mark :)

Keeshi

Sorceror

100 Arms Lore
100 BS
100 Carp
100 Lumber
100 Mining
100 Tailor
100 Tinker

My wifes future work. Opinions?

ps: I know bout the mining/lumber jacking, but, she has to have it on the same chara.

Oaks

Knight

You can't really go wrong on crafter templates. That one is fine, but some magery is in my opinion always nice to have since it's so versatile and can be used in many situations (you could just use +magery jewels and a spellbook to bump it up to the max of 42 magery, you won't have enough to make pentagrams etc. though). And arms lore is also applied to bowcrafting, but since you need to have lj/mining on same char this is good enough.

And depending on your account age you could spend up to 20 extra skillpoints.

Keeshi

Sorceror

I have a gatherer temp I was thinking of doing; I need opinions
100 str 77 dex 78 int
Swords 115
tact 100
anat 100
heal 100
Lumber 100
Mining 100
Magery 100

Do you think that would be enough for spawning elementals, if I use an axe?

repiovesana

Sorceror

No.
Reasons:
  1. 77 dex is too low. Bands will take too long to heal.
  2. Magery without Meditation will more often than not have you sitting for a long time waiting for your mana to regen.
  3. Magery without Eval Int is no good as a damage dealer.
  4. Swords 115 is too high, you don't need all that. On a elemental hunter, it's just a waste of money.
  5. There is at least one kind of Ore Elemental (sorry, don't remember which one) that is immune to spells. Though I can't remember if it only nullifies the damage or reflects it right back into your face.
I think you should get lower int, higher dex, and get Meditation. With a high Mana Regen rate, you don't need too much max mana, since it will recover fast. Getting some Chivalry is also a nice way to improve your damage as well as having a secondary healing method. Drop Swords a little to make room for other stuff (like the extra Chiv points). For ore elementals, 100 is great.
Other than that, the temp looks fine.

amn1088

Wanderer

I was thinking about making my minor able to take on Ore Elementals. I knotice alot of people are talking about Swords and was wondering why? I thought they destoryed your armor if you got hit. Anyway here was what I was thinking:

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Mining 100
Lumberjacking 100
Bowcrafting 100
Chivalry 80
Bushido/Anatomy/Focus 100

Honestly I doubt I will get 120s on the first two just because the scrolls are so expensive but this is just the ideal template. Mining/LJ/Bowcrafting are the only things really not negotiable on this but I am really iffy on the last skill.

Also what beetle would be best for carring large amounts of ore, fire or normal?

repiovesana

Sorceror

amn1088;486989 said:
I was thinking about making my minor able to take on Ore Elementals. I knotice alot of people are talking about Swords and was wondering why? I thought they destoryed your armor if you got hit. Anyway here was what I was thinking:

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Mining 100
Lumberjacking 100
Bowcrafting 100
Chivalry 80
Bushido/Anatomy/Focus 100

Honestly I doubt I will get 120s on the first two just because the scrolls are so expensive but this is just the ideal template. Mining/LJ/Bowcrafting are the only things really not negotiable on this but I am really iffy on the last skill.

Also what beetle would be best for carring large amounts of ore, fire or normal?
Drop Bowcraft for Parrying, scroll Parrying and Bushido up to 110 or 115 (prefer 115), and take Swordsmanship as your weapon skill. The reason is: Axes. LJ damage bonus. Big biiiig damage. Slayer axe for even bigger damage.
Also don't burn all your money on 120's for a miner. That's totally overkill. 115 Swords and 110 Tactics is enough already.
So, it goes something like this:
115 Swords
115 Parrying
115 Bushido
110 Tactics
100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
65 Chivalry
Keep Confidence always up when fighting, to restore some health when you parry. At 115 parry/bush with DCI in the 30's you'll be parrying quite a lot. Then an eventual Close Wounds if your HP gets too low, and Enemy of One + Consacrate Weapon to do better damage. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to take down any ore elemental you want to.
Oh and btw, a HML / HLL slayer axe will make it a piece of cake.

Blacula

Knight

I used to kill ore elementals on my miner, this is what she looked like:

100 mining
90 smithing (lazy)
100 magery
100 med
120 tailoring
100 hiding
100 arms lore

All you have to do is spam mind blast on the elementals, your m.b. damage is dependant on your magery skill, not eval. intel. :)

repiovesana

Sorceror

Blacula;487284 said:
I used to kill ore elementals on my miner, this is what she looked like:

100 mining
90 smithing (lazy)
100 magery
100 med
120 tailoring
100 hiding
100 arms lore

All you have to do is spam mind blast on the elementals, your m.b. damage is dependant on your magery skill, not eval. intel. :)
From the looks of it, I would think it takes far longer than what I do with my sammy miner...

magic752

Wanderer

Ok, this may sound stupid, or my info might be years old, but doesn't mining affect amount of ingots when smelting items? If so, mining should be on the same char as BS...

Avenger.

Sorceror

How's this for a template?

120 tailor
120 bs
100 mining
100 arms lore
100 meditation
100 spellweaving
60 magery (recall)

Oaks

Knight

Perfectly fine, you can't go wrong on crafter templates as it is all personal choice. Only must have is arms lore if you ask me whenever you have blackmithing or tailoring. The ones I posted in the first post are just to maximise everything when it comes to crafting.

And mining doesn't affect smelting I think. Though I'm not sure now hehe.

magic752

Wanderer

Oaks;515932 said:
And mining doesn't affect smelting I think. Though I'm not sure now hehe.

According to this: http://guide.uo.com/skill_7.html#smelt:
"The amount of ingots smelted from an item is dependent on your Mining skill level, the condition of the item being smelted, and the type of metal used to create the item."
I'm not sure if it works on Demise tho...

Avenger.

Sorceror

Is spellweaving good for killing the elementals? They don't dispell furies right?

Oaks

Knight

No clue.

I have once again updated and revised the original post, probably still missing bits here and there.

Aeolus

Sorceror

This was a really helpful post Oaks. My crafters were the first chars I made on Demise so naturally, I made some mistakes. Now that we have the new vet reward soulstones though I was able to correct my mistakes. My template looks like this now:

Arms Lore 100
Blacksmithy 120
Bowcraft 100
Carpentry 100
Magery 65 (77 w/spellbook)
Musicianship 15 (45 w/+15 ring + brace)
Tailoring 120
Tinkering 100

I even renamed my crafter Aeolus to match my forum name.:)

Uroburos

Sorceror

Is this template good for resource gatherer (use gargoyle's pickaxes for elementals)?

Anatomy - 55
Bushido - 100
Parry - 100
Chivalry - 65
Lumberjack - 100
Mining - 100
Sword - 100
Tactics - 100

Stats 100/80/45

Keeshi

Sorceror

If anyone have any Gatherer temps(for elemental killing) Please bost some.