UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Template suggestions for crafters

Oaks

Knight
Template suggestions for crafters

[correct as of 13-01-10]

Share and discuss your crafter templates here as a useful reference for other players.

I have two crafters and a resource gatherer, each on their own seperate account as below. All three are at the 720 skillcap and have 5 extra stat points to distribute as a reward for old account age. Being an elf/human is a personal preference, look up the racial traits on uoguide or the official uo website to see which one you prefer. Furthermore, after 90 days on Demise your account becomes eligible for the first year veteran rewards. A worthwhile investment would be to pick a soulstone or two so you can swap around trade skills. For instance, I have 100 musicianship raised on another character on my main crafter account, meaning I can soulstone 100 musicianship for use on my main crafter whenever I need it. Same can be done for different skills on different characters, in other words it is quite useful.

Main crafter

Elf
Stats: 125/10/95

120 blacksmithy
120 tailoring
100 arms lore
100 bowcraft/fletching
100 carpentry
100 tinkering
33 magery (needs a +12 magery spellbook and a +15 magery on a ring and bracelet to achieve 75 magery)
15 musicianship (needs a +15 musicianship on a ring and bracelet to achieve 45 musicianship) - currently at 47 without jewelry / 77 with jewelry

Skill bonuses on jewelry range from +1 to +15 so it isn't that difficult to find some of that for your needs, and the max bonus on a spellbook for magery is +12. Depending on the intensities of your skill bonuses you can put some more/fewer points in magery/musicianship. Character has the +15 musicianship on both jewels in his crafting chest so he can just put those on when the need for crafting instruments arises, otherwise he is just equipped with the set of +15 magery on both jewels. Has stonecrafting as an extra skill. And for the rich folks who can afford it; holding an ancient smithy hammer gives you a +15/30/60 bump in the blacksmithy skill so you can take that into account when crafting blacksmithy add ons in the carpentry menu. Although this is a bit useless in this template since I want a 120 real skill legendary blacksmith anyway to reduce fail rates. This character has 32 skillpoints left (due to wearing skill boosting equipment) so you can toss that in whatever you want as 32 skillpoints won't make a big impact. I added them to my musicianship skill to further increase chances at exceptional instruments.

Quick summary: Is able to craft anything in the carpentry menu and can use runic hammers/sewing kits.

Secondary crafter

Human

115 magery
100 alchemy
100 cooking
105 evaluating intelligence
100 fishing
100 inscription
100 spellweaving

Has glassblowing as an extra skill. As with the above crafter, I can use jewelry which boosts evaluating intelligence and magery (and a +12 magery spellbook) to free up as many points as possible. However, it is suggested to have 115 real skill in magery for scribing purposes. I used to have meditation on this character but found it quite useless as I never scribed scrolls and only spellbooks (which do not use up mana). Furthermore, I can just wear leather armor with the mana regeneration mod on the pieces. To replace meditation I took up spellweaving, as it helps me out when fishing on the high seas and fishing up stuff.

Quick summary: Can craft anything not covered by the main crafter and is able to pvm when it comes to fishing.

Resource gatherer

Elf

100 blacksmithy
100 begging
100 carpentry
100 lumberjacking
100 lockpicking
100 magery
105 mining

Lots of optional skills here so you can tailor it to your own needs. Magery doesn't have to be at 100 (and you can use + magery skill jewelry and/or spellbook) and begging can be swapped with cartography to decode treasure maps. I have also put lockpicking on him to open paragon chests I come across, which is always handy. Wears mining gloves (+5, bod reward) to achieve 105 mining.

Quick summary: Gathers resources for main and secondary crafter and can be adapted to personal use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros:

- Ability to craft anything currently available, meaning if you need something quick or basic you don't have to spend time looking around player vendors for it. (still need the resources though obviously).

- In addition to this, you can use runic hammers/sewing kits if you get your hands on them to make your own runic gear/weapons on your 120 smith/tailor (you could fill up the four accounts which we are currently allowed with bod runners, do a search on the forum to get more info on this topic).

Cons:

- These templates are lacking in any serious pvming abilities, which means that I can't use gargoyle pickaxes for mining or venture into the more dangerous areas. However I don't see that as a big problem. I've got a tamer who can take care of monsters or collect certain resources (hides etc) from them for the crafters. Some people incorperate some pvming skills in their resource gatherers in order to use gargoyle pickaxes, which is useful but it's all down to preference. Check below for some templates on how to deal with ore elementals.

- Takes time to "complete" these templates, unless you have the funds available to donate for some skillballs or buy them from other players.

Olaf

Wanderer
Re: Template suggestions for crafters

Why begging?

My template - 700 points
------------
120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 Arms Lore
60 Magery
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Mining

Bowyer - 700
-------------
100 LJ
100 Bowyer
100 Mage
100 Resist
100 Med
100 Arms Lore
100 Focus

CrovaX-demise

Sorceror

mine is:

120 tailoring
120 bs
100 alchemy
100 carp
100 bowcraft
100 tinker
rest on magery

repiovesana

Sorceror

Oaks;343432 said:
Resource gatherer (700 skillcap)

stats: 125/10/90

100 blacksmithy
100 begging
100 carpentry
100 lumberjacking
100 lockpicking
100 magery
100 mining

Lots of optional skills here and there are 20 skillpoints extra to distribute. Magery doesn't have to be at gm and begging can be swapped with cartography. I also put lockpicking on him to open paragon chests. You can adapt this one to your own needs.

Downside with these templates is that I can't use gargoyle pickaxes for mining or venture into the more dangerous territories due to lack of pvming abilities, but I don't see that as a big problem. I've got a tamer who can take care of monsters or collect certain resources from them for the crafters.
Mine doesn't have that problem. I just made something like a basic pally/samurai, but swapping Anatomy and Healing with Lumberjacking and Mining. Works very well with gargoyle picks when you get a good elemental slayer axe. And does fine with low- to mid-level monsters too, after you learn to live without bandies (heal with close wounds, cleanse by fire and Confidence, maybe some potions when needed).

Oaks

Knight

Olaf;343465 said:
Why begging?

Just for fun hehe. Could've picked cartography for some treasure hunting but i'm too lazy for that.

Olaf;343465 said:
Why begging?

My template - 700 points
------------
120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 Arms Lore
60 Magery
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Mining

Bowyer - 700
-------------
100 LJ
100 Bowyer
100 Mage
100 Resist
100 Med
100 Arms Lore
100 Focus

What exactly does Arms Lore do anyways?

Oaks

Knight

Gives a +1% damage increase bonus to all exceptionally crafted weapons for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster)
Gives +1% in a random resistance on exceptionally crafted armor for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster)
This works on all weapons (metal or wood) and armors (leather, metal, and wood)

It's a must have for any (legendary) crafter if you ask me.

Olaf

Wanderer

Mining.

It doesn't really need to be on the smith/carpenter does it? I'm cramped for points because of arms lore and I can't find a reason for leaving mining on there as a skill-set compliment.

Oaks

Knight

Olaf;346205 said:
Mining.

It doesn't really need to be on the smith/carpenter does it? I'm cramped for points because of arms lore and I can't find a reason for leaving mining on there as a skill-set compliment.

You are right, it doesn't really need to be on a smith/carpenter as it doesn't add any benificial bonuses to anything, as such I put it on my resource gatherer to save me 100 skillpoints on my main crafter.

Oaks;345589 said:
It's a must have for any (legendary) crafter if you ask me.

I thought that arms lore added to your actual damage and resistance upon having it maxed (i.e. you deal 5% more damage and receive more resist bonuses if you're more knowledgeable about armor).

Olaf

Wanderer

Thanks Oaks.

I'll put mining on a T-Map toon. That'll work nicely.

Olaf

Wanderer

He's confusing GM crafted weapon bonus

35% damage with 0.0 armslore
40% damage with 100.0 armslore

extra 5 resists with 100.0 armslore on smith/tailor made armor (GM + level)

Oaks

Knight

Updated and revised first post.

Anyone have a weird hybrid template ? I'll be working on a 4th crafter of sorts soon and I'm wondering if I could do something with all those "useless" skills (item id, taste id, etc.) though these aren't used for crafting.

Keeshi

Sorceror

Mining 100
BS 120
Sword 120
Tact 120
Arm100
anat 40
Healing 100

Why not. It might work for ele's. :p

repiovesana

Sorceror

Forget about those 120's... Total waste of money if you want to hunt elementals. And with all the space they take, you're down to 40 anatomy. You won't heal shit with that.
My suggestion:
Put the 120 BS on another char, BS on a fighter is never a good idea. Drop the Swords and Tactics to 100. As you may have guessed, Arms Lore (if that's what you meant by "Arm") goes to hell along with BS.
Now, what to put in the now empty space? I'd say you should go for Bushido and Parrying (no need to scroll neither). Chivalry and Meditation could be a good option too. Or you could do it like I do: drop Anatomy and Healing, and use Chivalry+Meditation as your main healing method (don't worry, elementals are pretty slow, so you get enough time to cast close wounds even with 0 FC if you run a bit), then use Bushido and Parrying for the additional healing, couter attacks, lightning strikes, blocking, and to change that crappy sword of yours for a really big, heavy and mean AXE, for better damage.

There ya go, a great elemental miner, with all skills at 100, meaning no expensive Power Scrolls, and IMO more effective than Keeshi's template above. :D

To make it short:
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Chivalry
100 Meditation
100 Mining

Go for something like 80/100/45 stats, to give you enough mana to cast spells and weapon specials, and obviously Human for the double ores while mining.

Keeshi

Sorceror

Meh, I was just screwing around.

I'v never liked Chiv/Bushido, any other melee temps that would be good without them and still hunt eles?

repiovesana

Sorceror

Hmm let me think.....
Well if you want to leave Chiv and Bush out, then you'll probably want archery, to be hit less often. With Archery, Parrying is absolutely worthless. You can keep Meditation for the weapon specials (slayer weapon + armor ignore does a f***in' good damage). Another option would be to change Medit for Focus, which gives you less Mana Regen, but gives you a nice Stamina Regen, which could be usefull since you have no Divine Fury to recover your stamina.

That said, I'd try to go for something like this:
100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Meditation or Focus
100 Mining
Leaves you 100 points to spend as you wish.

If you decide for a Melee weapon skill instead of archery, you could spend the last 100 points on Parrying or any other skill you like.
But I myself still prefer the Chiv-Sammy miner :)

[Drakull]

Knight

My main crafter:

It also works defensively:
magery allows me to use blade spirits, mind blast and invis. Specially important that last one, since it allows me to use the bonded hiryu as defense without having to issue commands :)

Attachments

• Drakull_MegaCrafter.jpg
    Drakull_MegaCrafter.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 299