UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN745] Firebreath is obnoxious

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [DEVELOPMENT] Firebreath is obnoxious

Thanks, Xavier, for thy answer! Will try to deliver first patch upcoming Sunday.

Laters,
G.

Bama

Bug Huntress
  • Damage cap of 130 (Melee and Breath Attacks)
    * Special attack change 10%, instead of 20%
    * Special attacks fire no more than once every 30 seconds
    * Breath fires no more than once per 45 seconds
    * Breath and special attacks will never fire less than 15 seconds apart
    * Tamers which are hidden and flagged aggressor against another player will be revealed when their dragon breath attack hits the player

This is about rate of occurence. Most super boss-mobs in the game have a rate of occurence of 20% (1:5 hits unleashed a special move). Greater Dragon kept this after being tamed was insane.
This was done in Publish 60

gilgamash

Knight
Greets Bama and thanks for the information. Is this both against pets and players? And PvP and PvM?

Thanks,
G.

Bama

Bug Huntress
I don't think it really matters at the moment
It is an SA publish
You can code it I guess but it won't go in
Those changes I posted affect everyone and everything
I think there is a change to PvP but again that is SA era as well

gilgamash

Knight
While the teleport is turned off, the firebreath thingy is funny.
I decided to make the main changes in BaseAI.cs, OnAggressiveAction(...), as in this function a "victim" is handled with. For debugging reasons, I printed the aggressor's name as well as the name of the mobile -- the GD in this case -- onto console whenever the aggressor of the GD was supposed to change to the "victim".

Both the code and the results from a run are attached, see pic. Funny thing is: Sometimes the GD seems to be its own aggressor. I guess this is not just a problem of GDs but have not checked yet.
This logically gave an unwanted off time from firebreath.

Conclusion: there must be something messed up in the fighting / aggressors overall code, as I cannot imagine anyone but players hurt themselves...

Oh, and that GDs can open doors (but this is afaik already handeld in the new AI currently developed) is really obnoxious.

Merry Christmas all,
G.

Attachments

• fireBreath.PNG
    fireBreath.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 10

Barthos

Traveler
So is anything happening with this issue? or are we just not dealing with it? because its honestly nearly impossible to do ANYTHING in destard.

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
If someone can tell me what to do, I can test on osi test center and if you can implement it, on our own test center.

gilgamash

Knight
Hi SuPaaaaa,

best thing: read the two pages of this thread and write down the diverse points, such as
1) empiric tests on time until GDs perform FireBreath both in Destard (PvM) and in PvP
2) same for teleports, but there are already some tests done as you will notice.
3) see latest comments from BAMA and me, the are several overall problems.

I have quit coding for Demise some months ago but I will probably rejoin in February.

At the time being I have the problem that uo does not start or path at all (some ISP error message and I was not able to find any resolving posts so far. I even fear my accounts will vanish, as this problem is there for some time now) after a re-installation of my OS.

Greets,
G.

Xavier

Account Terminated
The only issue with the firebreath is the timing. RunUO code has them all spewing firebreath at the same time. If theres more than one or two on the screen at the same time - you die. On OSI when they go into war mode, they start a timer of random duration, and when the timer expires, they issue a firebreath. It seems like a silly difference, but it really makes all the difference in the world.

The fix for this is done. If it hasnt been applied, it will be soon. I need a little time to catch up on things here, and this will be one of those 'things'.

gilgamash

Knight
Thanks a lot, Xav. I hope I will be welcome back to join the team some time February 2013.
Oh, and very important: If you have any idea how to solve the "no-patch" problem of the UO client, please let me no via PM. It seems not to be able to connect anymore and constantly shows ISP problems (no virus scanner problem, port is free...)...
Cheers,
G.

Barthos

Traveler
Thanks Xavier, cause it really is a big deal when messing around with destard or a couple of places in T2A. *Walks on screen... sees 5 dragons... SCREAMS... begins to run... dead.*

sk8nomad

Sorceror
I like the fire breath the way it is now. I see dragons as highly intelligent beings. It makes sense (to me) that they would all work together to focus their attack on one intruder. But I wouldn't mind either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.