UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN745] Firebreath is obnoxious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[DEVELOPMENT] Firebreath is obnoxious

OSI: Firebreath is no on sight.
Demise: :eek: IT IS!
How to Experience: Go pet a greater dragon

On OSI, they do NOT start with the fire breath as quick or as often they do on demise. It really does make a difference in game play with these insane g.dragons in play.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Firebreath is obnoxious

Nevertheless, more details would be nice. How frequently doe they cast it? Is the rate reduced when tamed? How 'long' before GDs use FireBreath for the first time?

Thanks for information,
G.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

bump, need more info
do they stop longer before fb?
does the fb have lower range?

is there a certain amount of time before they use fb?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Before I go gather all this data on the greater dragons fire breath can you code it to act differently in pvp then in pvm?On osi the greater dragon's fire breath is capped in pvp or as they said "toned down"

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

as pvp do you mean tamed dragons breath againts players
or
any dragons breath againts players?

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Bama,

after a long time I wanna bring this thread up again: Do you know the GD vs. player cap on OSI? There is no problem addressing this issue first. For the rest as said before: SOme more information (how long in avg. before 1dt FB, how frequently versus both players and monsters, ....).

G.

Xavier

Account Terminated

gilgamash;806793 said:
Hi Bama,

after a long time I wanna bring this thread up again: Do you know the GD vs. player cap on OSI? There is no problem addressing this issue first. For the rest as said before: SOme more information (how long in avg. before 1dt FB, how frequently versus both players and monsters, ....).

G.

I tested the damage, and ours is in the right range. cap, its based on the hp of the dragon, hence the dragons max hps will cap the damage.

It seems like our average time between firebreaths is probably ok. Im not going to say perfect, but I didnt notice a real difference there.

BUT. Where destard on Demise becomes retarded, is in the fact that the dragon will all want to firebreath you as soon as they see you. You know, run into destard, past a group of them, and you dont make it off the screen for the firebreath. THAT doesnt happen on OSI. They dont all do it at one time, and they dont do it as one of their first attacks on you.

I would guess that a somewhat randomized delay somewhere within the range of their cooldown period between breath uses might emulate this ok.

Well, what, precisely, I wonder, might cause the GDs to use their breath later on OSI? Is it a simple timer after spotting, or does it rely on something else happening first? (like, say, once a target gets within certain range it gets "unlocked" or if it's not until they take some wounding first)

Also, while I am aware that breath damage is based upon the dragon's current HP (and hence a tamed one does less damage than a wild one) I think Bama had been suggesting that there's a SECOND reduction in PvP. I think that might bear looking into as well.

So, overall, the following might be good to do:
  • Fight dragons in Destard in different ways. How long does it take (and also, what happens in the meantime) until they first use firebreath?
  • Tame a GD. Now get a helper (perhaps in the same guild?) to be a breath target, and see what the damage it deals there is.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Nottheking;807538 said:
I think Bama had been suggesting that there's a SECOND reduction in PvP. I think that might bear looking into as well.

Nor do they teleport on OSI that spell was taken away from them with the PvP damage reduction
These issues are both SA I think

gilgamash

Knight

Greetings,

have you seen a GD teleporting on Demise? I was just wondering, as in GreaterDragon.cs the skill is not enabled. Lemme know,

G:

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
Re: [DEVELOPMENT] Firebreath is obnoxious

Yes , the teleport all the time.
I tame GD all the time and they FB about every 10 second if they have their target in from of them the whole time. This was tested by trapping a GD and putting a hiryus in front of it while i heal it (the hiryu) from an unseen distance.

gilgamash

Knight

Thanks for the answer! I will check whether some default value in BaseCreature is invalid concerning this. Rest follows.

However, I would like to contact coders working of the AI for this before we intermingle here. Any idea who is working on that field currently?

G.

gilgamash

Knight

Teleport problem lies in MageAI, dealing with it right now.

One more question though: Do they teleport when not tamed or in Destard?

Now we still need some empiric data about attack behaviour with firebreath, as mentioned before.
Of importance, again, also: What ARE the differences in destard?
And is this:
KarmannMarco;807643 said:
I tame GD all the time and they FB about every 10 second if they have their target in from of them the whole time.
on Demise or on OSI? (I guess on Demise)

G.

edit|: Current time between two breathes at Demise is from 10 to 25 seconds according to code.

Xavier

Account Terminated

gilgamash;807865 said:
Teleport problem lies in MageAI, dealing with it right now.

I am pretty sure the firebreath code all is in basecreature.cs. This problem will affect all creatures with breath. It just becomes obvious with gd's.

Doh! Misread. I should stop posting before Ive had my coffee quota :D

gilgamash

Knight

So are the 10-25 secs between each attack in line with OSI?

I could also add an additional 5 - 15 secs phase before the first attack.

Lemme know, so I can continue working on this.

Thanks,
G.

gilgamash

Knight

No one got any (approximate) information about initial FB attack times?

Xavier

Account Terminated

If you just start the random duration timer BEFORE you use firebreath, itll probably emulate OSI fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.