UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Xavier] skuriken client update and ammo loading bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] [Xavier] skuriken client update and ammo loading bug

type: Paperdoll infos outdated
basic description: When using shurikens from your ninja belt and if you have the paperdoll on screen it does not show the true amount of shuris left in the belt when you hover the mouse over it, until it reaches 0.
way to experience: just try it. To show the true amount you have to close your paperdoll and re-open it.
complete description: as above. Looks like it happens only when shurikens are poisones.
links: nothing. Confirmed by Mark time ago.
code:

Never tested on OSI, that's why validation needed.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Poisoned shurikens in ninja belt

I can confirm that the ninja belt is updated in the paperdoll without having to close and reopen it. I have just tested this on OSI.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Poisoned shurikens in ninja belt

As the engravement thingy is a longer lasting one, I'll do this.

G.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Not to steal your thunder, if you can find a real fix great, but you bringing this back up had me thinking over the problem and I thought of a temporary solution. It's a little hacky since it sends 2 client updates for every throw but it works.

Attachments

• shuriken.diff
    429 bytes · Views: 17

gilgamash

Knight

Nikki_Demise;589404 said:
Not to steal your thunder.

I am not coding here for fame, so I take no offence :) However, I have an idea about the source of the problem and will check this out today.

Atb,
G.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Poisoned shurikens in ninja belt

While gil may not be offended (nor should he), I'm going to be very firm about this - if a person has called a fix as their own, do not code it without getting their permission. If a person calls it and cannot do it, they are free to post that they can't figure it out and the status will go back to [CODER NEEDED].

The reason I'm enforcing this part of the procedure is that duplication of efforts isn't helping anyone with time spent working. It wastes a lot of people's time and can make others feel like they aren't fast enough. It's not about fast. It's about getting everything done and not wasting anyone's time doing it. We are all volunteering time here. That is the point of "calling" the defects you want.

In the future, if you see something you want to work on that someone else has already called, ask their permission to work on it first. They may already have it done or close to done and just not have the code posted yet. If that's the case, then you just saved yourself some time. If they haven't started it and/or don't care, then you get the project you want and they can call another fix as their own.

Now - back on track we go.

This one is ready for TESTING.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Poisoned shurikens in ninja belt

Greetings LC,

I agree with you as this is the reason for the 'What are you working on' - Thread. About the problem itself: I think there is something messed up deper in the system. I checked the Item.InvalidateProperty()-Method today; if Poison and Shuikens are of the same amount within the belt, the 'oldList' will not be null, while in the other case it is -- I have no real explanation for this despite than this being some sort of synchronization problem.

I ran into a similar problem when coding the BOB-Drop patch, where the properties of the m_List in the respective method were not yet updated even though InvalidateProperties() had been called; that is why I think there is some synchronization (or serializtaion) problem.

But hat's just a guess; if I get some more time I might dive into a deeper debugging session :)

Greets,
G.

P.S.: That is, atm I don't see any other quick solution than the double call to InvalidateProperties()...

Athena

Account Terminated

I've tested this patch and the ninja belt will update in the paperdoll when used and when you throw shuriken from the belt if it's in your pack.

What I have noticed is, the belt will update when you load the first shuriken, but it doesn't update when you load more after that, it only updates with the new amount when you put the belt on.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Can you look at the functionality on OSI and see if its the same? If it is, it goes to ready, if its not, back to in development :/

Athena

Account Terminated

What's the status of this?

If I don't hear anything in a few days I will set it back to coder needed.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Seer Athena;620210 said:
What's the status of this?

If I don't hear anything in a few days I will set it back to coder needed.

Status is .... Fixed.

Patch removed, update reposted at the last page

D

Dakota-Demise

same thing happening with fukiya

Status
Not open for further replies.